Tomato: Classic Wolverine

Started by TomatoisJP, November 23, 2007, 11:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 23, 2007, 11:21PM Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 02:02PM by TomatoisJP
Hey MUA modder people! I'm Tomato, one of Tommyboy's fellow cronies from the FR boards. I've been lurking in the shadows here for a little while, mostly biding my time learning all these tools, making one or two insignificant HUDs before I learned they'd already been done, (right down to the images I was using  :banghead: )

Anyway, decided to give skinning a try. Nothing special here, (just a glorified recolor) but it should be enough to get me started with the program at least. Don't know if I have the motivation to do any more (not a big mainstreme guy) but we'll see.

I've got a few things I still want to tweek, but when I finish I'll upload the file.

Updated Wolverine Previews

Download URL

Download

That looks great! :thumbsup:
Can you make a version using brighter yellow and blue? cuz that would make a great Jim Lee (or the animated series) version!

Thanks! :wolverine:

Quote from: TomatoisJP on November 23, 2007, 11:21PM
Hey MUA modder people! I'm Tomato, one of Tommyboy's fellow cronies from the FR boards. I've been lurking in the shadows here for a little while, mostly biding my time learning all these tools, making one or two insignificant HUDs before I learned they'd already been done, (right down to the images I was using  :banghead: )

Anyway, decided to give skinning a try. Nothing special here, (just a glorified recolor) but it should be enough to get me started with the program at least. Don't know if I have the motivation to do any more (not a big mainstreme guy) but we'll see.

I've got a few things I still want to tweek, but when I finish I'll upload the file.
cool can you upload it

ps:i think we have are selves a new talent here at M.M.
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

Quote from: the master$$$ on November 24, 2007, 01:24AM
Quote from: TomatoisJP on November 23, 2007, 11:21PM

cool can you upload it

ps:i think we have are selves a new talent here at M.M.

Read the line in red.

Hi Tomato, good to see you here.
Nice looking work, I hope to see more of your stuff here.

Quote from: iammingy on November 23, 2007, 11:34PM
That looks great! :thumbsup:
Can you make a version using brighter yellow and blue? cuz that would make a great Jim Lee (or the animated series) version!

Thanks! :wolverine:

I think what I want to do is add a quick highlight layer... enough to brighten it up(especially the yellow areas, they're much too dark in comparison to Colossus), but I don't want to make it quite as bright as in your pic (especially the blue) because I think it would look too glaring in comparison to the game itself.

Hi Tomato, I know your work from ff great stuff (been in that forum under one name or another since about 2003?)and was curious if you have thought about making your avatar for MUA??
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Quote from: cvc on November 24, 2007, 10:36AM
Hi Tomato, I know your work from ff great stuff (been in that forum under one name or another since about 2003?)and was curious if you have thought about making your avatar for MUA??

:nervous: Noooo not at all *quickly hides "tomatoMUA.max"*  ;)

The file is done, just putting together an installation mini-tutorial/readme before I zip and upload it up here. I'm just going to edit the first post when it's done, so latecomers don't have to search for it.

Thank you very much! I really wanted to have his Classic version re-skinned this way, but didn's have enough time to do it myself. Thanks again! :applause:
You may freely use and modify my work as long as you give me proper credit - there's no need to ask for my permission.

yes! my wish has been fulfilled!!! i actually tried to request this and then tried to understand the mua skinner program but to no avail. thanks for your great stuff here. really looks great :)

Quote from: Serph21 on November 24, 2007, 11:41PM
yes! my wish has been fulfilled!!! i actually tried to request this and then tried to understand the mua skinner program but to no avail. thanks for your great stuff here. really looks great :)

Yeah, I knew I'd seen something to that effect in one of the other skin threads. I didn't see anything actually done for it since that time, so I gave it a shot.

Anyway, I want to make note of something fairly minor before I get any more PMs... I am not taking requests at the moment, nor do I really foresee myself doing much of anything in regards to MUA for the next month or so. I've got a responsibility to several game-related projects on other forums(not to mention job, school, etc), all of which take precidence.

That isn't to say I never will skin nor do I mean to be nasty to those who did request stuff of me, (it's sort of flattering, actually) but I just don't want to feel obligated to yet another project. It's like with Wolverine... I just remembered the request, got motivated, and skinned the thing.

If I have a desire to do a skin or whatever, I'll do it. I just don't like pressured, that's all.