Automatic spending of power points

Started by fox456, February 18, 2010, 02:48PM

Previous topic - Next topic
@ Crowley:

Here's the way I understand all this (at least the way I'm doing it now).  First, select your team of four.  Then, use the cheat described below by Nowhere Man to unlock all powers of each one.  Note that if you change your mind and switch characters after using the cheat, you have to use the cheat code again to unlock all the powers of the newly selected character(s).  The code only unlocks the powers for the characters "up front."

Next, when trying to redistribute points, there are two things I have encountered.  You cannot remove the first point of any power.  This includes all the white dots that are filled in automatically by the game too (actually, they aren't really skill points you've earned).

If you leave on the "auto-spending" feature, as the character levels up, the game allocates those the way it wishes.  THOSE are the points you can remove through the DEL button.  And, once removed, those points cannot be added to a power if the character hasn't reached the requisite level yet.

You will always be stuck with powers that ever get selected by the computer.  The good thing about what Nowhere Man explained is that when you use the cheat code to unlock all powers, the points that your character earns as he levels up that would have been used to unlock a new power can be used to build up your favorite power since all powers have already been unlocked.

In your Spider-Man example, you can't redistribute that extra point on Web Bullets because you haven't any other powers unlocked.  I think you should be able to remove the green dot by using the DEL key.  Then, when another power is unlocked AND you have the required experience level, you can add the point to it.

Quote from: Nowhere Man on March 18, 2010, 06:35AM
You can also use the cheat to unlock all powers. that way those first points that unlock the powers are EXTRA points: Press Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Enter at the character select screen or the main menu. ;)
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

By your explanation it sounds like the reason I cannot deduct this point could also be that I assigned it manually in the first place. I'll have to look into this more.

The first and second point in the first power CANNOT be removed, no matter what. Just turn off autospend and don't let the game put anything there.

I agree.  I've been experimenting too.  It seems as though you can't remove the first green dot (after the blue dot) of any character's first power.  The blue dot is always present because it represents the character's first power.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

the first green dot for all powers cannot be redistributed. but, if you use the unlock cheat that's not a problem at all, cause you won't be wasting any points.

another cool thing. if you have the OC1.2 and you finish with gold reward a non-especific character sim mission, you get an extra point for ALL 27 characters in your roster. there are 9 of these missions, so...9 extra points per character. great deal.

I usually finish the helicarrier, do all the non character specific sim mission than star a new game with the saved game stats. I do this over and over again till I have as many points as I wish.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

However, a negative side effect of the cheat is your Xtreme doesn't level up. Use it too early on Wolvie, and BAM! Xtreme only does 56 damage.