New member here...

Started by teddyboy09, May 18, 2007, 07:56AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi, I'm a new guy here. Am basically interested in these modded games; though I have no interest in modding them myself, I'm kinda weak in that department, lol. Anyway, I am still fascinated by it, how it works and stuff. Quick question, though, can the PS2 ones be modded too? I've heard that characters from the XML series can be transferred over to MUA and vice versa. Can this really happen?

Anyway...I hope I get warm welcomes here, although I'm just here to watch, lol.

The PS2 versions of the game can be modded too, but it would require a modchip in your PS2 to mod and/or play them.  Basically new discs would have to be burnt.  Unfortunately there's no way to add them in via a savegame or anything.

Oh, and welcome to Marvelmods.

Well, a mod chip or a hard drive.  Since the slim PS2 has USB ports, I'm not sure if you can plug one in there, or if you have to install it in the chassis, requiring the fat PS2.  Mod chip is a phukton easier though.

And welcome to the forums.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Well, being from the Philippines, every PS2 we get has a modchip. I think. :D

I don't know if this is a silly question or not...but I'd ask it anyway: If I'm an interested guy and would want to test a modded game out, do some people here share a whole modded game (via torrent or what have you)?

Quote from: teddyboy09 on May 19, 2007, 09:48AM
Well, being from the Philippines, every PS2 we get has a modchip. I think. :D

I don't know if this is a silly question or not...but I'd ask it anyway: If I'm an interested guy and would want to test a modded game out, do some people here share a whole modded game (via torrent or what have you)?

No, because officially sharing whole games on here is not only illegal to begin with (everyone knows that), but since undoubtedly the devs know about this site, it's just asking for multiple years in the slammer.  Unofficially, it depends on who you ask, but I'm not one of them who do.  Besides, the mods we do don't require an entirely new version of the game.  It's as simple as replacing a few files.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Oh, okay. Thanks. :)

Is there a step-by-step tutorial on how-to around here?

Welcome to MM! :D

For PC modding check out the FAQ on the main site.