Havok alpha 0.20

Started by matt710, May 19, 2007, 08:41AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 19, 2007, 08:41AM Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 08:56PM by matt710
I have a non-crashing version of my Havok mod.  I'm testing it now and couldn't help but noticing he doesn't load in the chacter select menu, but you can still select abilities etc.  He appears in field.  Any thoughts?

Files:  http://files.filefront.com//;7550828;;/
  From the Ashes she will rise.

here he ia on field.

what did you change to make it stop crashing?
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I looked over the power styles and talents to find that they were in need of a lot of reconstruction.  Also I fixed the entities file just to simplify it, as he didn't need all of Iron Man's entities.  I will play with him to see if I can find any other bugs tonight.  I did find another bug though, his xml1 costume seems to flash between being solid black and fine.  I'll have to see what it looks like in texture finder. 

Anyway here is what he looks like all black.

But if I move him on the map or move the camera he goes normal like so.  Strange...

May 19, 2007, 07:51PM #5 Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 10:31PM by matt710
Next steps in this mod:

1) fix move bugs (energy charges, energy rays, and superconductor don't work)  (Energy Overload works, but is too fast)
2) fix the bug in that he doesn't appear in the menu (see first pic)

3) fix skin 1902's bug (flashing between the skin and total black)

4) recolor bishops moves that were used to yellow energy

5) reset some level values for moves
I am pretty clueless at this, but I will try.  If anyone else would like to try as well please feel free to tweak it.

Just for future reference, anything over version 1.0 (a game, a program, a mod) is considered a stable release (non-beta).

Traditionally it goes:
--Alpha testing (initial setting up of a character) versions 0.1 to around 0.5
--Beta testing (all features work.  Looking for bugs) versions 0.5 to 0.99
--"Stable" release (all features work, no known bugs) version 1.0 and up

This concludes our lesson on 'versions'. 

Sorry for the rant, looking forward to seeing Havok finished.

May 19, 2007, 08:38PM #7 Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 08:56PM by matt710
oh sorry I didn't know that.  Thanks.

Update:  I managed to fix 2 out of 3 moves.  Now the only move bug that is left is energy rays, I guess I'll really have to analyse the powerstyles and talents.

Another Update:

I fixed the fact that he doesn't appear upon selection in the menu.  So now I can see the skins in the menu.  The only exception is of course 1902.  For that it looks like this: 

With the pic below you can see, however, for the main skin it works fine.  Any suggestions?

1902 could be a bad skin.  I'll look into that tonight.  But it's cool to see him working even better.

May 24, 2007, 11:16PM #12 Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 10:31PM by matt710
Thanks for the help Teancum

I gave up on energy rays, he has too many projectiles anyway...
I created a new working move called chaos explosion in its place.  Just imagine an energy move form of memory wipe.  Currently I have the description that it will knock enemies out of their senses, which explains the confusion.  I experimented on recoloring energy blast and it was successful. Now I just have to recolor Energy Beam, Chaos Explosion, Superconductor (considering a rename but its not that important now), Energy shield (maybe, I can't remember if it had to be), Energy Boost, and Command.  I also want to change the values/damage of Focus Blast, Energy Charges, and Energy Blast (because it will be avail a little earlier since Chaos Explosion will be the last non-extreme power learned).  I already changed the values/damage of Chaos Explosion and Energy Overload. Oh well, I'm calling it a night.  I'll work on it tomorrow when I get a chance.

wow its sounds like its going to be a great mod when its done, cant wait
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

May 25, 2007, 08:57PM #14 Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 10:32PM by matt710
Here are his recolored attacks in order.

Energy Beam, Focus Blast, Energy Charges, Energy Blast, Chaos Explosion, Energy Overload (xtreme).  Find the pics at the end of the post (4/6 are on page two).

The boosts (not pictured) are recolored too. 

Next step:  Tweak the values of the attacks.