malware?

Started by Quentin Hex, May 17, 2010, 06:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic
for some of the pages especially in the mod section, google chrome says:
QuoteThe website at marvelmods.com contains elements from the site www.explosm.net, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.

i'm just wondering what's going on.

Either one of the modders has it in their releases or... no that's just it. I've looked through all my releases (because I had to reupload them all), mine are clean as hell. If not, there will be obvious crap in the rar files which you just don't have to unpack.

I suggest that everyone checks their releases. if no malware crap is found, google-chrome ain't right.

hmm...it only seems to happen on page 3 of my mods. which confuses me, cause i'm almost 100% sure that i don't have viruses  on my stuff. it would be great if someone could double check for me.

i figured out the problem. it thinks that the image in siguitsu's (not exactly sure how to spell it) signature, the one with the hula hoops, contains malware, because the site that it comes from contains malware. thus making any page that he commented on "contain malware".

I was just about to say that. I had the same issue and came to the same conclusion. great minds think alike, huh ;)
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."