PSP Mods

Started by klelement10, May 16, 2010, 06:37AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Can someone please make a MOD for psp That can let us have :nightcrawler: and many more characters ( please nightcrawler ) that would make the game even more fun!

To bad that is inpossible. There are already mods for PSP that let you have Moonknight and Collosus.  Its inpossible for 2 reason (i think)

1. the PSP could barely take Nightcrawler. Since he is a character for the xbox 360 and ps3. The psp doesnt have that much grapich
2. Its inpossible to convert somthing from the xbox 360 and ps3 to psp. If it was possible the mod would already be made

Quote from: tymaca321 on May 16, 2010, 06:51AM
To bad that is inpossible. There are already mods for PSP that let you have Moonknight and Collosus.  Its inpossible for 2 reason (i think)

1. the PSP could barely take Nightcrawler. Since he is a character for the xbox 360 and ps3. The psp doesnt have that much grapich
2. Its inpossible to convert somthing from the xbox 360 and ps3 to psp. If it was possible the mod would already be made

FALSE -- no offense, but if you don't know, don't guess.

PSP mods are totally 100% possible, but we have to use stuff from the PSP versions of XML2, MUA1 and MUA2.  The problem is there aren't any modders who own a PSP and console/portable mods are harder to do, so it's not something a newbie could do.  It's fairly possible, it's just that nobody who knows how has a PSP.

If you send me a PSP I'll do it for you.  :chuckle:

Sorry Teancum :*(. just thought of it. Im gonna think you are gonna keep that PSP ^^ (in case sended XD)

Quote from: Teancum on May 16, 2010, 05:04PM
FALSE -- no offense, but if you don't know, don't guess.

PSP mods are totally 100% possible, but we have to use stuff from the PSP versions of XML2, MUA1 and MUA2.  The problem is there aren't any modders who own a PSP and console/portable mods are harder to do, so it's not something a newbie could do.  It's fairly possible, it's just that nobody who knows how has a PSP.

If you send me a PSP I'll do it for you.  :chuckle:

Hmmm.  I might actually be interested in sending you a PSP (yours to keep) for a mod.  I want to find out some more about the possibilities you can get together for this mod.  I am just finally getting around to using my PSP that I have had since the PSP launched. 

MUA 1 is still my favorite game on the PSP, although I haven't yet purchased MUA 2 for the PSP.  My understanding of the PSP MUA2, is that it is like MUA1, but scaled down (Less costumes, shorter story, etc)...so I am not sure which game I would want mods for....most likely MUA 1...with some of the characters from MUA 2 more than from XML 2 (I like the X-Men well enough, but I enjoy the non-mutant heroes more, for the most part)  Avengers mostly. 

Anyway....I am looking to come into a large chunk of change around August, so buying me a new PSP so I can send you my old one is not outside the realm of possibility, or simply Paypalling the money for you to buy your own PSP from Ebay or something.

Let's talk turkey...what type of mods would be possible for the PSP if you had one?

I've got a PSP now, I just haven't got it modded yet, so I can't run MUA1 from a memory card, which'd be a requirement for a mod.

June 27, 2010, 12:18AM #6 Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:33AM by MonitorAccess
Cool enough.  I'm curious to see what needs to be done with the PSP for this type of mod.  What type of things I would need to do to my PSP to use a possible mod, etc.

I never got to use the mods for MUA 1, since my PC does not have the video capabilities to run the game...until I finally get to upgrade to a new PC in August.  The reason I could not run the game was that I could not use the video cards supported by the game.  The only cards supported by the game are PCIe cards, and this PC does not have PCIe.  So I have had to wait until I can upgrade my PC to one that has PCIe so the card can run Shader 3.0, etc. 

It has sucked because I have not been able to get ANY games for my PC as all of them are now requiring that type of card usually.

You'd have to have your PSP modded so you can run the game from the memory card.

is it possible to reskin psp skins? cuz i could help with that if they can be reskinned.

Aren't psp skins swizzled?
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

PS2 skins work fine on the PSP.

great. then lots of cool skins we have here will work there :)

Yep, but you can't go nuts with PS2 skins or the framerate will be horrible.  It's lowrez for a reason on the PSP.

June 30, 2010, 07:16PM #13 Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:47PM by MonitorAccess
Well, I will look into getting a modded PSP then....I just ordered a used copy of MUA 2 for PSP from Gamefly today...it is due to be delivered on Friday.

One thing I would geek out on is if all of "Caps Kooky Quartet" could  be playable in this environment.  Quicksilver is a boss villain in MUA 2, Scarlet Witch was playable from XML2, Hawkeye from MUA 1 on PSP, and Captain America from both MUA 1 & 2.  We got the makings of most of the great Avengers from their past (aside from the ones mentioned above):

Thor (MUA 1&2)
Iron Man (MUA 1&2, XML2)
Black Panther (MUA 1)
Black Widow (PSP MUA1, MUA2)
Ms. Marvel (MUA 1&2)
Hulk (MUA 2)
Hercules (MUA 2)
She-Hulk(MUA 2)
Wonder Man  (MUA 2....YES!!!)

Only ones I would miss are Hank Pym (Antman or Yellow Jacket versions), Wasp, and one of my favorite Avengers of all time, Hank McCoy a.k.a. Beast!

EDIT:  Hmm.  Easy peasy mods for me, since I have a PSP 1000.  I can actually get everything pretty much pre-done for less than $50 including shipping, that would be for a Pandora battery to downgrade my PSP to firmware 1.50, and a Magic memory stick to put custom firmware on it to run games from the stick.  This is getting even MORE exciting as I look into possibilities.

Some of these mods (Wonder Man Hercules) arent even made for PC :P