PSP Mods

Started by klelement10, May 16, 2010, 06:37AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: tymaca321 on July 01, 2010, 03:24AM
Some of these mods (Wonder Man Hercules) arent even made for PC :P

True.  However, if I am going to dream about it, I might as well dream the way *I* want it.  8)

Oh...and I *knew* I forgot someone.....Vision.  I'd want to include Vision in an Avengers style mod.

July 01, 2010, 09:23AM #16 Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 09:28AM by Teancum
Just a heads up, PSP mods will be pretty crippled in terms of what they can do.  The PSP can only use animations from the three PSP games (and I'm not sure about XML2, it's a unique case), and can only use PSP or PS2 skins.  As such I'm only planning on putting in characters that were pretty much done in another game (for example, porting Hulk from MUA2 to MUA1).  I don't have much free time anymore, so I'm not going to convert any custom PC mods over, nor create new ones.  It'll be rough enough with the research I'll have to do to figure out what I can and can't do on the PSP, plus making Xtremes for MUA2 characters I back-convert, and Fusions for any characters put in MUA2.

If I were to hazard a guess as to what I'm planning on:

MUA1 (the first two I know there's enough room for, and more may work since we've never discovered the hero limit on PSP)
-Moon Knight
-Hulk
-Gambit
-Venom

MUA2
-Hawkeye
-Ghost Rider

XML2
-??

If you might take suggestions for XML2, then I would suggest Psylocke's MUA2 version for XML2. She isn't a storybreaker either. And Cable may be good for MUA2 if you don't think he breaks the story too much.

Yeah I thought about Psylocke for XML2, but personally I want to see what I can do with Jubilee first.  Psylocke would definitely be my #2 pick though.  I just remember Jubilee from the 90's cartoon series and feel like she's under appreciated, whereas Psylocke's been in a lot of games.  Cable's a good idea though so long as I can come up with Fusions.  That'll be the tough part when it comes to MUA2 characters.

Jubilee is one of my favs too. I was thinking you would only use characters that are playable in the PSP versions so I thought Psylocke would be in then. I'm guessing you haven't figured out the limit for XML2 and MUA2 right now.

Also in MUA2 will Cable be locked on Anti then? While you could use fusions from Deadpool's weapons or Jean's tk power the problem would be animations for the fusions wouldn't it.

And will Fury still be playable in MUA2?

Actually after reading some of Noelemahc's posts XML2 animations don't work in MUA1, so I doubt they'll work in MUA2.  That being said Cable is out.  I'll probably stick to side-neutral characters, or maybe someone who never participated but would be fun to use, like Dr. Strange.  As far as Fury goes if I only get one character to play as he's getting ditched to let me build a second character.  I can't stand it when they have people who are huge parts of the story playable.  *cough*DrDoom*cough*NickFury*cough*BlackWidow*cough*

I hate that too and I'm glad we are gonna have Dr. Strange. Hawkeye and Ghost Rider are good choices too. I think Cable had some story- breaker stuff in the Anti side anyway. Any chances of Spider-Woman and Elektra as well. If you have room that is.

July 01, 2010, 03:50PM #22 Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 04:11PM by MonitorAccess
Quote from: Teancum on July 01, 2010, 09:23AM
Just a heads up, PSP mods will be pretty crippled in terms of what they can do.  The PSP can only use animations from the three PSP games (and I'm not sure about XML2, it's a unique case), and can only use PSP or PS2 skins.  As such I'm only planning on putting in characters that were pretty much done in another game (for example, porting Hulk from MUA2 to MUA1).  I don't have much free time anymore, so I'm not going to convert any custom PC mods over, nor create new ones.  It'll be rough enough with the research I'll have to do to figure out what I can and can't do on the PSP, plus making Xtremes for MUA2 characters I back-convert, and Fusions for any characters put in MUA2.

If I were to hazard a guess as to what I'm planning on:

MUA1 (the first two I know there's enough room for, and more may work since we've never discovered the hero limit on PSP)
-Moon Knight
-Hulk
-Gambit
-Venom

MUA2
-Hawkeye
-Ghost Rider

XML2
-??

Not exactly who I would go for, but you are the one doing the work, so anything done is by your pleasure.

Here is a list of the PC's from the 3 games, from the PSP rosters for the most part (I slipped in Moon Knight and Colossus for the MUA 1 roster, since I know there are already some mods for them in it.)

So, if I am correct in what Teancum is saying, it should be easiest to port characters between XML2 and MUA1 since they both have EXTREME powers ready to go, while moving those into MUA2 would require more work on the fusions correct?  While moving from MUA2 to the two earlier games would require making an Extreme. 

Black Panther   MUA
Black Widow   MUA
Blade   MUA
Blade   MUA2
Captain America   MUA
Captain America   MUA2
Captain Marvel   MUA
Colossus   MUA
Cyclops   XML2
Cyclops   MUA2
Daredevil   MUA
Daredevil   MUA2
Deadpool   MUA
Deadpool   MUA2
Doctor Strange   MUA
Elektra   MUA
Gambit   MUA2
Ghost Rider   MUA
Green Goblin   MUA2
Hawkeye   MUA
Hulk   MUA2
Human Torch   MUA
Human Torch   MUA2
Iceman   MUA
Iceman   MUA2
Invisible Woman   MUA
Invisible Woman   MUA2
Iron Man   MUA
Iron Man   MUA2
Jean Grey   MUA2
Luke Cage   MUA
Luke Cage   MUA2
Mister Fantastic   MUA
Moon Knight   MUA
Mr. Fantastic   MUA2
Ms. Marvel   MUA
Ms. Marvel   MUA2
Nanite Nick Fury   MUA2
Nick Fury   MUA
Penance   MUA2
Psylocke   MUA2
Ronin   MUA
Silver Surfer   MUA
Songbird   MUA2
Spider-Man   MUA
Spider-Man   MUA2
Spider-Woman   MUA
Storm   MUA
Storm   MUA2
Thing   MUA
Thing   MUA2
Thor   MUA
Thor   MUA2
Venom   MUA2
Wolverine   MUA
Wolverine   MUA2

Edit: Took out XML2 characters after reading above post about thier animations not working.

Would Carnage count as he is in MUA2 but in the console versions.

So....it would actually be possible, from a gameplay perspective, at least, to replace the brotherhood of evil mutants in the XML2 with heroes from MUA in a modded XML2.  Sure the STORY would not make sense, but you could run those characters.   Sounds like there is a LOT of fun to be had for mods for XML2 and MUA1 especially.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on July 01, 2010, 03:52PM
Would Carnage count as he is in MUA2 but in the console versions.
Teancum will have to answer definitively, but I would think no...it is probably only going to be possible to pull the characters from the PSP/PS2 versions...since the 360/PS3 versions are from an entirely different engine.

July 01, 2010, 05:21PM #26 Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 05:25PM by Teancum
Nothing on the 360/PS3 versions of MUA2 works on anything else, so no Carnage.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on July 01, 2010, 03:32PM
I hate that too and I'm glad we are gonna have Dr. Strange. Hawkeye and Ghost Rider are good choices too. I think Cable had some story- breaker stuff in the Anti side anyway. Any chances of Spider-Woman and Elektra as well. If you have room that is.

Nothing at all is set in stone yet.  I may not even do it at all.  Just depends on if I have time.

Quote from: MonitorAccess on July 01, 2010, 04:00PM
So....it would actually be possible, from a gameplay perspective, at least, to replace the brotherhood of evil mutants in the XML2 with heroes from MUA in a modded XML2.  Sure the STORY would not make sense, but you could run those characters.   Sounds like there is a LOT of fun to be had for mods for XML2 and MUA1 especially.

Nope -- after reading up on another modder's research XML2 was really unique.  It can't take animations from any other versions or games.

Again, if it's not easy (easy for my skill level) I probably won't do it.  I just don't have the time I used to with a promotion at work, a wife and baby.

That's fine. Your personal life is the most important.

Quote from: Teancum on July 01, 2010, 05:21PM
Nothing on the 360/PS3 versions of MUA2 works on anything else, so no Carnage.

Nothing at all is set in stone yet.  I may not even do it at all.  Just depends on if I have time.

Nope -- after reading up on another modder's research XML2 was really unique.  It can't take animations from any other versions or games.

Again, if it's not easy (easy for my skill level) I probably won't do it.  I just don't have the time I used to with a promotion at work, a wife and baby.

Of course your personal life should come first.  As I said earlier, this is all at your pleasure. 

If you do something, "Great."  If you don't, we'll all survive. 8)

I was looking at the rosters again, after reading what you have said lately and broken it down this way.

From MUA2 to MUA 1 you can possibly bring the following:

Hulk
Gambit
Jean Grey
Penance
Psylocke
Songbird
Venom

From MUA 1 to MUA 2 you can possibly bring the following:

Black Panther
Black Widow
Captain Marvel
Colossus
Doctor Strange
Elektra
Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
Ronin
Silver Surfer
Spider-Woman

Those are just using the PSP versions of the game (IIRC the work for Colossus and Moon Knight was always in the PSP version, just not turned on to access...I could be mistaking that with the PS2 version though.)

For MUA 1 the only one I don't care if it comes over is Venom (I have the 360 version...and I am just not that big a fan of Venom...I'd rather beat ON him than use him, honestly)  Although if I could only pick 3 I would probably go this way:

Gambit
Hulk
Songbird

For MUA 2 the only one I don't care about is Elektra.  The ones I would like to see the most are the Avengers obviously (Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Black Widow) .  If I had to choose only 4 they would be like this:

Hawkeye
Dr. Strange
Ghost Rider
Silver Surfer

Again, I am just speculating on what I would like to see.

Jean is another character I won't convert, but that's more for personal reasons.  5,000 different boosters of her here has sortof soured me to her.