Noob question

Started by Jedted, May 20, 2007, 04:24PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I downloaded the Black Spidey mod but i don't know where to extract the files.

There's a black Spidey mod? Where?

Disregard that question, I don't know where to extract it either.

im with you guys. I asked in other thread but none of the others had done it either
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):

i think that you have too go to the FAQs guys
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

what FAQ?

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=938765

gamefaqs.com spiderman 3 boards there aresome things about mods but most of it is about wether or not a computer can run the game so w/e see what you can find

to use the black suit MOD you have to get the program TexMod  and load it with that (theres a download and a tut for it on this site.)

i have text mod... So i have to actually make the thing myself?. I'm fine with that, but what is the point of putting on the site in the first place?

no u turn on texmod then you set it to the sm3 then go to package mode, and load the file it has it the out folder its like   h.tpf     or somthing then you hit RUN   and everytime you RUN the game through Tex mod with the h.tpf file open it will have the mod on :)  ( this also works on Ultimate Spiderman)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH thx!!!!!

ok, i thought i understood but apparently not. If you have time to spare and its not to much trouble,  could u plz walk me through it?

Sure, here's how you can get the skins to work.

First, extract the "Out" folder from Loop's Spidey skin .rar to your desktop or wherever.

Then, open up TexMod and click the folder button on the top left hand side that says Target Application. Find the Game.exe file in C:\Program Files\Activision\Spider-Man 3 then select it and click open.

Now, click the small folder icon (above the X) and navigate to the "Out" folder you extracted from the .rar then open the h.tpf file. It should show up under Package Names now.

Click on Run and the game will load with the new skins.

i think i get it but i have never been able to extract anything from this mod. Ill try again and stick to ur directions

Do you have the Winrar program? You need it to extract the .rar file. You can get it at rarsoft.com