(HUGE ^D8) CR's USM Skins

Started by Carnage_Rules!, May 29, 2010, 12:00PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Damn, I was hoping nobody'd made classic style Venom before me. Great mods! By the way, how do you do the eyes? Or the mouthes? I've never been able to do them, so I just generally content myself to Spidey's eyes and a black line for a mouth.

Eyes and mouths are a pretty big pain.

What I do, is take the textures of a regular character, like Peter or Adrian Toomes, and cut the mouths or the eyes out of those.
Then, through a lot of trial and error, I cut the mouth roughly in half and find the right position to put it on the mask.
It'll end up looking something like this (just an example):

For the eyes, well, I'll post Bullseye's... eyes, as an example.

This is Spidey's texture in his costume's eyes:

You want to make sure, when placing an eye in there, that the area surrounding the eye is similar to that corresponding area on the mask.

So, if you were say trying to make Iron Fist, you would want the black in the image above to be yellow.

Sorry if I couldn't be any help. I do everything I can to make my skins look good, even if it's a long painstaking process.

August 02, 2010, 01:58PM #62 Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 02:02PM by VarimathrasXX
Keep working for Ultimate Spiderman a bit. You've done good work, keep working for one more month or two, I'm sure you can do it. Plus, WoS is harder to mod, and my computer can't handle much recording with it :( I repeat you still can do many things with USM

How did you do the image of the spidermans in the health bar?
Spider-Man: A great power involves a great responsability

He uses Texmod to export images or Google to find them.(I think)

Quote from: Carnage_Rules! on August 02, 2010, 12:57PM
Eyes and mouths are a pretty big pain.

What I do, is take the textures of a regular character, like Peter or Adrian Toomes, and cut the mouths or the eyes out of those.
Then, through a lot of trial and error, I cut the mouth roughly in half and find the right position to put it on the mask.
It'll end up looking something like this (just an example):

For the eyes, well, I'll post Bullseye's... eyes, as an example.

This is Spidey's texture in his costume's eyes:

You want to make sure, when placing an eye in there, that the area surrounding the eye is similar to that corresponding area on the mask.

So, if you were say trying to make Iron Fist, you would want the black in the image above to be yellow.

Sorry if I couldn't be any help. I do everything I can to make my skins look good, even if it's a long painstaking process.

Thanks a lot! I've never been much good with those, but I think, given your examples, I might be able to fix all those eyes properly. By the way, you didn't say, did you? How do you do they eyes? Do you copy and paste like with the mouth?

Quote from: High5 on August 03, 2010, 07:12AM
Thanks a lot! I've never been much good with those, but I think, given your examples, I might be able to fix all those eyes properly. By the way, you didn't say, did you? How do you do they eyes? Do you copy and paste like with the mouth?
Copy-Paste is possible, but he can also design the eyes. You never know, it's possible, since it's a basic part of modding.

Quote from: betterhero on August 03, 2010, 02:06AM
How did you do the image of the spidermans in the health bar?

To answer this one, it depends. If it's a Spidey costume (like Phoenix or Web Man) I just alter the picture that's already there. Same with Venom.

If it's a whole new character (like The Shocker or Morbius) I'll find an image off the internet and crop it to the right size.

Quote from: High5How do you do they eyes? Do you copy and paste like with the mouth?
Yes, I'll get the eye texture from say Peter Parker or the Silver Sable, cut out just the eye part (color/pupil), and adjust it to whatever color I need it to be.

Hope I've helped!

August 03, 2010, 11:16PM #68 Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 05:08PM by Carnage_Rules!
New skin, on top of all of this.
Now available in the pack.

Jerry looks good)
I recommend you to forget USM for a time, why don't you try WoS? It has no limitations kinda like these ones in USM.
Why so Ultimate?

Quote from: kolbaser on August 03, 2010, 11:23PM
Jerry looks good)
I recommend you to forget USM for a time, why don't you try WoS? It has no limitations kinda like these ones in USM.
He might not work on USM again, he still can do some things :p Plus WoS is harder to mod.

WoS is much easier to mod. I tried both games and found USM being not as taken lightly as Web of Shadows))))
Why so Ultimate?

August 04, 2010, 12:44AM #72 Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 05:30AM by VarimathrasXX
It's harder for me. Oh well. That's his job.

BTW carnage rules, can you make a scarlet spider mod/skin? Thanks in advance.

Quote from: VarimathrasXX on August 04, 2010, 12:44AM
BTW carnage rules, can you make a scarlet spider mod/skin? Thanks in advance.

Well, I can, but due to USM's rather annoying limitations, he won't look exactly like his comic-book counterpart. He will have to have the same light-blue color on both his torso, and part of his legs.

Thanks.

So what are you planning to do? Are you gonna start WoS?