(HUGE ^D8) CR's USM Skins

Started by Carnage_Rules!, May 29, 2010, 12:00PM

Previous topic - Next topic
But when I use the image in the game it uses the background colour and bar's black colour too.
Spider-Man: A great power involves a great responsability

Ohhhhh, okay, I think I have your solution.
What image type do you export the textures as? I export mine as PNG's, because PNG image types can have transparent / invisible backgrounds, unlike JPEGs or GIFs. That could be your problem.

For example, this is the Spidey image I use / edit in a finished product:

I'm still having the same problem. I've edited the file with paint and I saved it as png file. But it doesn't work well.

Hm.. maybe you need a different image editing program?
I'm sorry I can't be of more help. I haven't come across this problem yet.

BTW Carnage_Rules can you send me the Texmod.log(NOT Texmod the application) file you used?

Carnage_Rules, which program do you use to edit the images?
And, do you get the images from the game on png format?

Quote from: Betterhero on August 07, 2010, 12:36PM
Carnage_Rules, which program do you use to edit the images?
And, do you get the images from the game on png format?
I'm pretty sure he uses paint and photoshop.

Carnage_Rules, I don't need more help, because I know that to do this I need photoshop. But thanks anyway.

Quote from: Betterhero on August 07, 2010, 01:17PM
Carnage_Rules, I don't need more help, because I know that to do this I need photoshop. But thanks anyway.

To answer your questions, I export the game's images in PNG format, yes.

And actually, the program I use is Macromedia Flash 8. I find it much easier to use than Photoshop, and you can animate with it as well.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks for the log file, I'll try doing something important with it...

August 08, 2010, 07:47AM #100 Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 08:02AM by TropoSph3r3
good skins and btw the one who's having problems you should use paint.net for editing and I reccomend saving as bmps cause thats what I do with mine
I miss playing ultimate spidey I used to play it on the NGC back just a while before the wii was released it was a great game and
I hope they make a sequal plus I kinda miss racing human torch those races gave me a mix of frustration fun
and relief when I finally beat him when I first played USM ...I sucked and could never get passed the first torch race
then about half amonth later I beat the game and luckily saved my progress just before a power cut happened

nowadays i can play like I never could before i'm more of a strategic but lately ive realised it pays to
take the jump and have guts rather than be cautious like I used to

e.g. in UT3 on the [cbs] sniper server they always found me when I was hiding now I'm the hunter but lately I havent been able to play cause of a glitch what i'm trying to say is if your afraid of losing in agame don't worry as long as there a retry menu that pops up and checkpoints you can get up and try again. or save it and try again later ive learned in game like web of shadows
make sure you have eaten and had drinks don't starve yourself and stay on it all day its bad for you I start shaking when I haven't had enougth food
so on cbs sniper server thats bad cause I panic when i'm face to face with an enemy and my aim is off but when i'm filled I don't faulter much.

sorry if non of this has to anything to do with your thread C.Rules
heres a sneak preview on one of my mods on my thread but this will be new.
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8940.msg166593.html#msg166593

August 08, 2010, 05:05PM #101 Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 12:17AM by Carnage_Rules!
No worries Troposph3r3!

New skins!
*Bruce Banner Earth-70105
*Poison

The rules are clear, only Marvel owned characters. Please remove that Kick-Ass skin.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Turns out I was wrong, Kick-Ass IS owned by Marvel.

Kick-Ass is listed as a Marvel Comics film on wikipedia.
Also, Kick-Ass is produced by Icon Comics, which is an imprint, and is owned, by Marvel.

If you don't believe me, take a look atIcon Comics official website.
And, is in the Marvel Comics online catalog.

August 08, 2010, 10:38PM #104 Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 10:44PM by nodoubt_jr
Kick-Ass is not owned by Marvel.

This is from a previous post were this was discussed:

Owning and publishing are not the same thing. Mark Millar owns those characters, just look at the first line from that link you posted http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kick-Ass_(comics)
"Kick-Ass is a creator-owned comic book series written by Mark Millar and illustrated by John Romita, Jr."

and from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icon_Comics
Mark Millar has described the deal with Icon in relation to his Kick-Ass series:

"The creative team get all the rights and you do all the promotion yourself. "

Marvel doesnt own it, so in my opinion those mods shouldnt be allowed here. Sorry about that.

also
Sorry but we have the rule for a reason. Marvel has been cool about the whole modding thing. That doesnt guarantee that Mark Millar wont have issues with his characters being used in that way. The rules are pretty clear about why we dont allow non-Marvel owned characters.

You can work on the mod for personal use, but you wont be able to release it here.

--------------------------------------------

Im not trying to be a jerk, but this rule has been around since the beginning of the forum and we have never had an issue with Marvel. The same may not be true of others. So either you remove it or we will. Sorry but the rules are the rules.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it