Jean Grey VS Emma Frost

Started by White Fan, June 22, 2010, 01:25PM

Previous topic - Next topic

even though i would like to say emma Jean would definantly own her she will crush her with her telekinesis or use the Phoenix Force and melt her

she sed jean grey, not phoenix though. if jeans on one of her pms pheonixy rage rampages then she could probably win, but emma would win otherwise. in my opinion.

Well Jean is Phoenix. They are the same being and the powers of the PHoenix are rightfully hers. And Jean is an omega-level mutant unlike Emma.

:emmafrost: ya but emma can turn hersself into solid diamond.....?

In that case Jean could rip her apart tk. She managed to merge Emma's diamond form together she could break it together. Banshee's sonic scream did that in Necrosha. And she can tk restore Emma to human form. She already has shown that ability.

June 22, 2010, 03:45PM #8 Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 03:51PM by whiteking
Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on June 22, 2010, 03:21PM
Well Jean is Phoenix. They are the same being and the powers of the PHoenix are rightfully hers. And Jean is an omega-level mutant unlike Emma.

The omega level thing is the most ridiculous thing in the whole marvel universe, because no one is fully aware of what exactly does that means. I'll quote a guy called Mr. Hellfire who has a blog where acording to him (and I agree with), being omega means that:

QuoteA. You're pretty near-immortal
B. Your powers can do about anything
C. You're so powerful that it makes it impossible to believe that any fights are a real struggle, nixing the man vs. man conflict and screwing up the story.

In that case, yes Jean is like the Mutant god or somehting like that and that's why writers keep her dead instead of using her, because it's so unintesresting to have an all powerfull character who basically can do anything, because no one know how to handle them, want an example? The Sentry.
I would like to see Jean comeback but with her flaws and as a normal being, not the overpowered phoenix, that in my opinion, only has ruined her.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on June 22, 2010, 03:38PM
BTW I found this. Back during Morrison's run there was an article pitting X-Men against X-Men. Morrison put Emma vs Jean and Jean won so this comes from an established X writer. You can't read the details but the winner: jean grey is easy to see.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/580/99403317.png

You forgot to mention that acording to Grant Morrison both women are more or less on the same level:

"The two are almost equally matched and the fight goes back and forth for several minutes in this terrible battle of wills. Then Jean gets an extra boost of energy."

So without the Phoenix, Emma has chances to win.

Also, even if i don't like it at all, Emma has been recently cited as an Omega Class Telepath:

http://img97.imageshack.us/f/uncannyxmen518page5.jpg/
http://img709.imageshack.us/f/uncannyxmen518page6.jpg/

And also Marvel has stated that:

"She's one of the few people on Earth capable of taking Reynolds (The Sentry) down."

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6145/siegestormingasgard008.jpg

And finally Emma has demonstrated the ability to overcome more powerful telepaths like Nate and Rachel Grey, both Omega level mutants, if you allow me to say it.
So, she has chances, like it or not.

But anyway, I don't care who would win, I still prefer Emma :P
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

QuoteIn that case, yes Jean is like the Mutant god or somehting like that and that's why writers keep her dead instead of using her, because it's so unintesresting to have an all powerfull character who basically can do anything, because no one know how to handle them, want an example? The Sentry.
and that's why superman is a terribly boring character. and why every single street hood has a wealthy supply of kryptoinite XD. even docter doom has used kryptonite in the past. i'm surprised he's still around really.

I also did not completely enjoy Jean becoming so powerful that she is a balance of the universe. However if Thor can be in the Avengers, Jean can be in the X-Men can't she.

And the Phoenix powers are counted because she is Phoenix. There is no Jean without the Phoenix and no Phoenix without Jean. The powers are rightfully hers. However if this fight means Jean before becoming the Phoenix she would still likely win.

Her tk was powerful enough to protect her from the Sun in the 90s so she could easily use it against Emma. Even before becoming Phoenix she could use these powers to stop her diamond form. Also in What If? Astonishing X-Men, Jean is alive again but without the Phoenix. Emma has pieces of the Phoenix and Jean still beats her. It is in this issue that she restores Emma to human form.

In terms of telepathy I see Emma to be very powerful. She was said to be around levels of Xavier, Jean, Psylocke, and Rachel. But didn't Emma herself say many times in comics that she isn't as powerful as Xavier or Jean. Her skill is equal but not by power.

I can see Emma being a big threat but at the end she would fall. She may defeat the Sentry or have a chance against him but she doesn't against one who has the same tp power but in stronger levels.

The phoenix choose jean...so why cant it choose another person?

Quote from: Jordan on June 22, 2010, 04:07PM
The phoenix choose jean...so why cant it choose another person?

MarvelFan will say that Jean= Phoenix and Phoenix=Jean, it's not a choice, and thanks to the big potato for that, as I posted before the Phoenix ruined Jean, so it will stay with her and do not ruin anyone else ^^
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

I would say that because it is true although I don't completely like it. It has its good sides but more downsides. I prefered Jean in the 90s where the Phoenix baggage was all behind her and Rachel's problem then. Jean was still very powerful but wouldn't tip the scales of a battle to complete win for her side.