Jean Grey VS Emma Frost

Started by White Fan, June 22, 2010, 01:25PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well if it's just regular jean and not phoenix Emma would own Emma is more skilled with her telepathy than Jean

ya emma is better than jean for sure

Quote from: Jordan on June 22, 2010, 04:07PM
The phoenix choose jean...so why cant it choose another person?
i think the Phoenix choose jean because she is a telepath and has telekinesis which makes her even deadlier.And plus the phoenix feels ''sensations'' that she's never felt before which is why she continues to bond with Jean Grey

i wnoder why they never put emma in any of the x-men movies

Emma wasn't in X-Men 1 cause she wasn't even an X-Man yet. In X-Men 2 she was just an X-Man and very unknown. In X3 the director was gonna make her an empathic villain but he left the movie and she was scrapped out. She is in Wolverine though. There was a rumor that she was gonna be in First Class but it turns out that the actress will play Moira MacTaggert.

Also Jeanfan Emma is not more skilled than Jean. They are both equally skilled in their telepathy with or without the Phoenix. Xavier has trained Jean and then she has trained herself particularly in X-Men Revolution. Jean is more of a powerful telepath than Emma though. So I suppose you could say equal in skill but Jean is the more powerful telepath. And they both count in the end so who do you think has the better odds?

To answer your question Jeanfan the Phoenix didn't chose Jean for her powers. It originally made a deal with Jean to save her friends but in return the Phoenix would feel humanity as Jean. But Jean's humanity was so strong that the Phoenix thought itself to become Jean. After Jean's humanity got the Phoenix to commit suicide it wanted to make amends to Jean but ended up splitting between Maddie and Rachel. It came back to Jean so it could stop something from destroying the world. Eventually the Phoenix and Jean merged together because this was their ultimate destiny, to become one. Then Jean (now Phoenix) saved the world from Sublime and has not been active since (unless you count Endsong). BTW Jeanfan those sensations the Phoenix felt was humanity.

wait they r making another x-men movie?

yeah X-men first class there making a lt of marvel movies now including Avengers,X-men First Class,Thor and Captian America

any idea when its comeing out?

ok, I'll exclude the phoenix force altogether cause it's one of the most powerful entities in the marvel universe and could single handedly destroy all the mutants in the world with but a thought. against the phoenix emma is as powerful as aunt may.

jean, only with her mutant powers. think of jean from right b4 the grant morrison arc when the phoenix was in a distant past. ok, if it was a telepathic fight say in the astral plane than I'd have to give it to emma. yeah, jean may be even more powerful than emma, but emma definitely not far behind and is far smarter, strategic and, more importantly, ruthless. while jean shows a lot of restrain, emma is not insecure or afraid of her powers and would use them to their full extent. it would not be an easy fight, of that I'm sure, but I think emma has a 60% chance of winning.

if it's a fight with all powers than I'd have to say jean would easily defeat emma. why? simple, cause she can protect her mind for the few tenths of a second she'd need to use her tk on emma. emma would be knocked out quickly if she doesn't immediately turns to diamond. in diamond form she has no access to her tp nor can be attacked by tp. so, jean would just have to use her powerful tk to dispatch emma. she may be invulnerable, but not that much. if storm can break emma's diamons form with a hurricane, jean can probably do that with her tk. even if she doesn't, emma is absolutely powerless, cause she wouldn't even be able to get close to jean in order to punch her or something.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

@Nowhere Man.  Most of the time I love your opinions because they are neutral ^^
I agree with you, Jean maybe trained by Xavier, but Emma learned by the best school: life itself. And as you pointed Emma has on her side the fact that she doesn't have any regret by using her powers, so yeah in TP i always thought that Emma, while not more powerfull than Jean, has better skills in combat.
I also agree that Jean's tk would be her victory factor, for all the reasons that you posted about Emma's diamond form and that she cannot access to her far more deadly Telepathy.

Quote from: Nowhere Man on June 22, 2010, 07:02PM
yeah, jean may be even more powerful than emma, but emma definitely not far behind and is far smarter, strategic and, more importantly, ruthless. while jean shows a lot of restrain, emma is not insecure or afraid of her powers and would use them to their full extent.

I could not said it better ^^
That's why I gave her an oportunity to win, maybe not 50-50 but at least a 60-40 sounds reasonable to me :)
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

if only Emma could use her powers in Diamond Form she'll be invulnerable then there probably be no way Jean can beat Emma

Quote from: Jeanfan321 on June 22, 2010, 07:54PM
if only Emma could use her powers in Diamond Form she'll be invulnerable then there probably be no way Jean can beat Emma

But that's why many people, like me, prefer Emma over Jean, Emma has flaws, and can be beaten and have her ass kicked by others (damn Storm :P)
Jean is cool, but being overpowered just ruin her, and if you add the Phoenix, well that's even worse.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

plus let's not forget she's a beautiful hot sexy b*itch and you never no if she really likes you or simply uses you as a doll you can never trust her fully and She's independent she comes and goes to the X-men when she feels like it if not she doesn't :P