Jean Grey VS Emma Frost

Started by White Fan, June 22, 2010, 01:25PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 22, 2010, 08:32PM #30 Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:45PM by Nowhere Man
yay! Storm for president! only Vulcan, Nate, Magneto or a phoenix empowered Jean can defeat her among the x-men.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Quote from: Nowhere Man on June 22, 2010, 08:32PM
yay! Storm for president! only Vulcan, Nate, Magneto or a phoenix empowered Jean can defeat her among the x-men.

-_-'

Do you honestly think that we're going to believe that???
That would mean that Storm is overpowered, and look above your post and you will see what we think about overpowered characters :P
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

she's not overpowered, she's just powerful. be honest, can you think of any other x-man that would defeat her in battle? I'm not being partial, she does have weaknesses. and I'm not talking just about lvl of power but the kind of power each of them have.

take miss marvel for example. do I like her more than I like storm? OF COURSE NOT! is she more powerful than storm? I don't think so considering storm can bring forth another ice age and destroy entire armies within second using hurricanes and tornados. Can Miss Marvel defeat Storm? FOR SURE! She can fly at mach8 speeds, can absorb energy (so lightning bolts are useless) and is invulnerable enough to resist winds and temperature extremes for the few seconds she needs to get to storm at supersonic speed and knock her out with a single blow.

on the other hand, emma, who can be and was defeated by storm, could easily defeat Miss Marvel, cause she has no true defense against telepaths, specially one as powerful as emma.

see what I mean? I'm being neutral all the way ^^

storm can beat magneto not with lightning but wind,tornadoes,ice,hail, etc

June 22, 2010, 09:11PM #34 Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:13PM by MarvelFan12345
You are right about Emma's nonchalantness about hurting others. I would still give it to Jean though (my fanboyism lol). In Morrison's run when both telepaths had to save Xavier Emma quickly got crippled while Jean managed to go all the way to the end. Plus Fraction himself (the man who either hates Jean or her love with Scott) wrote in one of his stories that Jean is the most powerful telepath. And I wouldn't say Jean isn't afraid to hurt. Considering this is Emma Frost the woman who has done much to Jean I could say that Jean wouldn't be that restraining. She much like Xavier has been known to use her full ferocity when needed. Examples include Uncanny X-Men 298, 300, and even the duel with Emma in New X-Men. Although she may have held back it was not because she was afraid then to hurt her.

However Emma Frost is pretty cool in the way that she can be defeated. Also when did Storm defeat her?

BTW how did you guys feel on the original X3 storyline where Emma would be an empath (not a telepath) and a villain? In that story she would have controlled Jean and made her Dark Phoenix. At the end Jean would overcome her evil because of her love for the X-Men and release her rage on Emma. That Emma would certainly have been better than the one in Wolverine. That Emma needs to be retconned. Plus Jean, Xavier, and Cyke would have lived in that story (from what I believe) and there would be no reason to have to resurrect them in X4 as the writers will surely do if they make X4.

yeah but they never really showed if Cyclops died are not. Xavier and his mind are safe and souns in a body of another person who didn't have a brain. and like i think Emma is becoming very popular character theres no other character like her and killing her off would not be good unless she played a big role in the film then died

At the time she was just getting popular so it wouldn't have been that big to kill her off as the others who died in the X3 that came out. For all three characters who "died" in X4 it would be real easy to bring them back. Scott needs more screen time, enough with Jean and Logan, she is Scott's woman. Logan needs to back off (although they did have hot chemistry in the movies). Considering how Jean said Scott was her fiancee I wonder why they haven't been married yet. That would be cool to see in a movie.

Maybe Sinister and Apocalypse as villains. Wanda, Pietro, Lorna, and Havok need to be in the movies as well. Sabretooth could come back because of his healing factor.

Anyway that was actually all off-topic, sorry about that.

yeah, I agree that in power lvl she's not far behind magneto. but he's a lot more experienced and has better defenses against storm's powers than she has of his. I'd say it's a 25-75% advantage for Magneto.

@ MF: in morrison's run Jean had some use of phoenix powers so, that's an unfair comparison IMO.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on June 22, 2010, 09:11PM
However Emma Frost is pretty cool in the way that she can be defeated. Also when did Storm defeat her?
X-Treme X-Men/New X-Men Crossover

Cool. Emma really deserved that after all she has done to Storm.

Also I suppose you are right about Jean's powers in Morrison although I'm still sticking to that. I'm wondering if that issue happened before the issue with her against the U-Men. That's the first time the Phoenix manifested itself within her. However didn't she only manifest the raptor and be shown to be hosting the Phoenix. Didn't the actual powers come from when Wolverine stabbed her?

DAMN never new Storm could be so evil and arent they friends i wonder why Emma did that to her and why storm was like diamonds can be cut or even shattered

This was when Emma was new to the X-Men and many people were hostile to her. I still remember Bishop's quote about Emma when she was shattered, lol. They were never friends although Storm has learned to accept Emma now. You see in the past Emma tortured Storm and switched bodies with her. Probably not a good way to start a friendship.

damn even though i know emma can be a b*tch she must have REALLY ticked off storm for storm to threaten and strike her down with lightning and Storm was about to kill her

As I said Emma tortured Storm once promising to leave Storm as a lifeless body. Not long after she switched bodies with Storm and walked around in Storm's body with the White Queen clothing. You can imagine Storm not having too many fond memories of her after that.

BTW what issue is that. I would love to read it.

Haha, loved that scene even if Storm treated Emma like trash. The best thing of this is that Emma not only is now more accepted on the X-men, she's also having great moments with them and even Storm who were the most reluctant to accept her, now is starting to become a good friends with Emma.
So despite all her flaws, the White Queen stands over. Scott loves her, the X-men has accepted her as one of them and the mainstream marvel universe is starting to adopt her as one of their most importat figures as the co-leader of the X-Men ^^
I'm so happy now :)
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

The only thing I wish she didn't lose was her personality.