PSP Exclusives for PC

Started by nodoubt_jr, May 26, 2007, 12:02PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: matt710 on May 28, 2007, 08:21AM
If you would like, I only have to fix havok beta bugs as they pop up.  I know you probably have a lot on your plate right now.  I leave the call up to you since you were the one that started it.

i dont really care who does it, you did all the other stuff so i thought maybe you wanted to do it.  its up to you, im going to be working on Magma and Cannonball first, so feel free to do it :) .
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Cannonball isn't really going to work, fyi. There are no animations that even look remotely good. And, to top it off, tommy never released his bolt-on legs skin (which isn't going work in XML2 anyway)

that sucks, i kind of wanted a new mutants team. i guess i'll get started with X-Man and do Cannonball last, thanks for the info
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

Sure no problem, I can do the phoenix mod.  I think I will add some more passives to her though.  Anyway I'll start on her tonight.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

I have a semi working mod for Dark Phoenix.  All her abilities work (except one that I added) 

Bugs as of now:

1) She works in my saved file of the sanctuary but crashes in avalon.  No clue why that happens. 

2) Her icons are messy, I may just have to make a whole new set.

Actually as a side note, I experimented and put the psp sound file in the sound folder and it worked somewhat.  Professor X announces her in the character select menu, she says things after you hit start in the character select menu, she says things upon being selected in the field, she says things when she kills, her xtreme 1 makes her shout "burn", and her xtreme 2 makes her laugh.

May 29, 2007, 10:39AM #35 Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 10:42AM by Teancum
Yeah, the menu sounds are in a separate file than the in-action sounds.  The PC still has the callout sounds and sounds when you hit start for Cannonball, Dark Pheonix, X-Man and Cable.  (Beast too technically)  That's encouraging that she says stuff while in-game.  I wonder if she's borrowinf from regular ol' Jean.

I don't think she is borrowing from Jean because it what she says is rather dark and sinister.  Also the voice is a little deeper than Jean.  Also do you have any clue why it would crash upon selecting her in avalon but not the sanctuary Teancum?

I forgot to say what I added to her!  I added a supportive extreme (which was missing much like ProfX), which I named Cosmic Goddess.  It basically is the same power as Unbreakable and I am trying to mess around with the animations to make it look a little different.  Also I added Jean's Dark Phoenix, but I am probably going to nix it for something radial instead.  Additionally I added 3 passives and innate resistance to Mental attacks (much like I did for Havok resisting energy).  The first passive is Cosmic Immunity which gives her resistances to energy, mental, radiation, and elemental.  I did this because only the strongest of telepaths can enter her mind and she seems to have many resistances in the comics.  Also she has Neutralize, which adds to her defense (I did this because she seems to have high defenses in the comics since basic attacts didn't really scratch her)  Finally I added mental mastery, which is self explanitory. 

I'm not sure, it could be a lack of a darkpheonix_fightstyles.pkgb.  But in MUA that doesn't cause a crash.  Check that first then go from there.

yeah the problem may be in missing packages, could missing powerstyles packages cause a problem?  i'll try it wiht my cable mod later.

I actually made darkphoenix_15301.PKGB, darkphoenix_15301_nc.PKGB, and darkphoenix_xml.PKGB, is that what you mean?  I just realized that maybe it may be a lack of Powerstyles and Talent xmlbs, but its weird that she works some places and not others....

Anyway I figured I should post images of her new xtreme Cosmic Goddess.  It is similar to Jean's From The Ashes with a charge in the beginning.  It does the same thing as unbreakable (and as I said, she laughs devishly upon doing it)  Also I added another move called Phoenix Rage, which looks like Jean's Dark Phoenix but it is a fire attack and has residual burn.  No pic is needed for that one.  Also I changed her Cosmic Immunity to not only resist Radiation, Energy, Mind, and Elemental, but also resist fire.  Finally Mental Mastery is changed to Force Mastery and improves Mental and Fire based attacks (at the same time).  I did this because I noticed that she has a lot of mental and fire attacks.

wow dude your really good at this, feel free to do the rest.  Magma is taking up all my time.  I meant under packages theres also a powerstyles package, but that didnt stop the Cable mod from crashing.

Thanks for the compliment.  Havok was my first mod and now once I finish Dark Phoenix's xmlbs (hoping that fixes the crashing in avalon) and icons she should be ready for alpha release.  I don't know if maybe in avalon it looks for the talent xmlb instead of the engb for some strange reason and can't find it.  Anyway, once she is working fine and the alpha is released, I will edit her ability learning for preparation for beta(so that she doesn't learn everything all at once).  Looks like I am getting ahead of myself, but I first have to prevent the crashing.  If the crashing dosn't stop in avalon, I may try and see if maybe its a bad save file by starting a new game and going through the first chapter really fast. 

On a side not, earlier today I was trying to make a new skin for her, but ended up quitting because I got fed up...  I guess it's not my expertise.  Anyway... I was trying to make a skin based on this picture on the bottom of this post.  If anybody is good at skinning they may want to try cause it would be a hot skin for phoenix or dark phoenix.

May 29, 2007, 11:02PM #43 Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 11:14PM by nodoubt_jr
i think that might be it, i have 3 mods that crash, and all dont have xmlb for powerstyle and talents.  Hope thats it.  If you want me to rip the xmlbs for dark phoenix let me know.

edit: nevermind psp characters dont seem to have xmlb for talents or powerstyles, or at least i cant find them.

I made the xmlbs but she still crashes in Avalon.  I will try a new game to see if it still does.  Actually after doing the xmlb it actually announces her name before it crashes, whereas before it crashed upon her selection.  Weird I guess. 

Anyway... She seems to be working flawlessly in my other save file (chapter 1).  I changed her icons because of the problem with the others(you can see a preview at the end of the post).  I made it the norm with the black backdrop like everyone else.  Also I revamped her talents and herostat so that she develops more by level instead of learning almost everything instantly or by level 7.  I also did packages for all the skins now so that they all can be used.  A bug with this that I noticed is that 15301 appears as Havok when talking, but all the others load correctly.  I think I may change the number to 15305 in herostats, packages, skin, convo portrait, etc. and see if that changes anything.  The only other annoying bug I see is that Havok, Professor X, and Psylocke all have the same picture in the character selection menu.  I had this problem before, but not this extreme...  Anyway I will be playtesting her now.  If anyone wants me to upload her progress thus far just ask.  She seems to work with no problem in Chapter 1.