PSP Exclusives for PC

Started by nodoubt_jr, May 26, 2007, 12:02PM

Previous topic - Next topic
i wonder why it keeps crashing, i redid the xmlb for Cable and it still crashes.  weird, hopefully someone figures it out.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

May 30, 2007, 09:38PM #46 Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 05:21AM by matt710
I decided just to upload the files anyway, maybe by looking at Dark Phoenix and Cable at the same time someone may see the flaw.  Also I included a text copy of my Character Heads package, maybe someone could do me a huge favor and take a glance because I may have overlooked something.

You can download the Dark Phoenix Mod files here : http://files.filefront.com//;7653188;;/

Note:  I don't want to call it alpha yet because of the crashing and all. Crashing Sucks!  :banghead:

update:  I forgot to put the sound file in.  If anybody wants it nodoubt_jr uploaded all four psp sound files on page one or two of the topic.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

up in rapidshare please
Hey there! Have a great day o/

I found out why when she talks that she uses havok's hud head!  Silly me used the wrong pic when I reskinned it.  It is fixed and will be available when I finish playtesting her.  So far she is pretty good 1 1/2 hours in chapter one.

What skin is that?  I'd like to do a 4th skin for Scarlet Witch.

May 31, 2007, 08:22PM #51 Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 08:25PM by matt710
Yes that was my attempt at Dark Phoenix as the black queen.  Unfortunately there is no way to get the hair right.  So I figured instead of wasting a good looking skin, why not just keep it.  In the mod it is under 15304.  I am actually tweaking the great madeline skin nodoubt_jr did.  I am taking in her top to expose the lower cleavage, adding a larger sun symbol on her chest, and redoing her hair.  I'll post a picture but will not upload it without nodoubt_jr's permission.

no go ahead, i have no problem with it.  the hands are kind of crappy cause all i have is microsoft paint
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

Thanks I have a preview of my work thus far, just the hands are left.  The choker annoys me becasue even though it and her neck are colored black her throat has the grey line!  But you can't really tell in field so that isn't so bad... I guess. 

PS.  The pick on the upper right is the flying animations that just started working right and you can see in the upper left is the conversation hud I made for her.

just tested Dark Phoenix, and it worked well, so far no crashing.  I did notice she doesnt seem to use any energy for her attacks.  Her crazy laughing is awesome too.

Thats weird, I could have swore she used energy.  I'll have to look into it, did you try to see if all of them don't use energy?  Anyway, I am done with mads for the day, I'll fix her hands for the next release of dark phoenix.  Actually to help with the hands, does anybody know the offsets for xml1 emma frost?  I think I may base mads' hands on hers.

i didnt check all of them, its just something i noticed for some of them

Ok thanks I'll check on it durring the weekend.  Good to hear that she didn't crash for you.  She didn't crash yet in my new game. :phoenix:

Quote from: matt710 on May 30, 2007, 09:38PM
I decided just to upload the files anyway, maybe by looking at Dark Phoenix and Cable at the same time someone may see the flaw.  Also I included a text copy of my Character Heads package, maybe someone could do me a huge favor and take a glance because I may have overlooked something.

You can download the Dark Phoenix Mod files here : http://files.filefront.com//;7653188;;/

Note:  I don't want to call it alpha yet because of the crashing and all. Crashing Sucks!  :banghead:

update:  I forgot to put the sound file in.  If anybody wants it nodoubt_jr uploaded all four psp sound files on page one or two of the topic.

hi matt710,

i downloaded your files but can i find out from you which folder does these files i should copy into? and the herostat, I do need to decompile and copy and paste from your herostat.txt and compile back into herostat.engb, am i corrent?

Just paste the herostats for dark phoenix from the text file to the character to which you want to replace, or if you have not used the extra slot use that.  Yes you need to use a decompiler and compile it in.  For the sound, download the psp sounds and just take dark phoenix's and put it in XML2\Sounds\eng\d\a .  For the others I quote from the readme in burning rage's mods:

1.  Copy the talent files into XML2\Data\talents
2.  Copy the power style files into XML2\Data\powerstyles
3.  Copy the effects files into XML2\Effects\char\xxxxxxxx
4.  Copy the entities file into XML2\Data\entities
5.  Copy her package files into XML2\Packages\generated\charaters
6.  Copy the characters_heads.PKGB into XML2\Packages\generated\maps\package\menus
7.  Copy the skin and skeleton files into XML2\Actors

Icons:  XML2\Textures\ui\xxxxxxxx_icons1.IGB
Conversation Portraits: XML2\HUD\hud_head_xxxx.IGB (4 in total.  Note 1 is messed up and will show havok.  It will be fixed when she is officially released.)
3D HUD Model: XML2\UI\hud\characters\xxxx.IGB
Character Select Portrait: XML2\UI\models\characters\xxxx.IGB
Skins: XML2\Actors\xxxx.IGB
Skeleton:  XML2\Actors\xxxx_xxxxxxxx.IGB

Hope it helps.  If you need more specific directions feel free to contact me.  Please note she is in playtesting and might change a little.