Havok Beta (Choose Your Destiny)

Started by matt710, May 27, 2007, 12:48PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It's really werd cause i didn't get dows runtime errors before? good to hear I'm not the only one with this erorr,

The package is similar to Black Cat's.  I havn't a clue what could be doing it.  I'll have to ask nodoubt_jr since he knows how to do it better than me.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

i checked the mod and you have everything i have, no difference.  What might be happening with your mods and mine is that we forgot something.  Some thing must be missing, to make the game not recognize the second skeleton or cause a runtime error.

Ramen and/or x-man66, who exactly is on your team when you get these errors?

add the fightstyles to the following files and see if your problems are fixed:
Maps/Package/permanent_fightstyles.XMLB
and
Packages/generated/maps/package/permanent_fightstyles.PKGB
this would help us figure out what the problem is.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

same screwy stuff. Ive tried all sorts of teams even havok by himself. does the same thing. but i have all xml1 characters except for prof x, polaris, dark phoenix as mods.

June 04, 2008, 06:37PM #139 Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 06:40PM by ramen
when i had emma nightcrawler forge and jean. i get the error, then when i put in quicksilver gambit angel and kept emma i got even more errors like they wouldn't jump or there boost buttom.

btw: I hate to be a pain, but now I dont even play no more because of it.

is Forge still in your herostats? if he is, get rid of him, then play and see if you still get this problem.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

June 04, 2008, 07:17PM #141 Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 07:21PM by matt710
I am wondering why it works so well in the danger room, (where I do my testing).  Does it take you to change screens for it to have the problem?  I am wondering if I should delay Angel and Polaris because of the problem with the second skeleton.  Also does it only work with MUA skeletons used as fightstyles or does it do it to skeletons as well?  I wonder...

i still think we are missing something, if people could pinpoint which mods give them probles, we could figure out what the problem is.  I played all of act 1 with Stepford Cuckoo, Multiple Man, Avalanche and Marrow (all which use two skeletons) and got no problems, then i used Forge (uses two skeletons, both MUA) and the third character lost his second skeleton (but this was fixed once i moved on too a new area), its so random, so its kind of tricky to figure out what the problem is

That is odd.  Perhaps it doesn't like the two MUA skeletons?  But then again all my mods use XML1 or XML2 skeletons as the actual skeleton and MUA as a fightstyle.  I don't even know if that makes sense since Emma is causing problems and her skeleton is XML1.

yeah thats true.  Another thing i should have added, after i added forge and the third skeleton lost his powers, replacing that third spot with a character with a new fightstyle resulted in that character still unable to use their second skeleton, but when i replace that third character with a character with an original fighstyle (hero,wrestling,finesse1,psionic), they were able to use their fightstyle skeleton. (and again like i said before this was all fixed once i moved on to a new area).  Dont really know what this all means, but it may help figure this out.

I am unsure of even how to test it since it never happened to me.  I don't know about you nodoubt_jr, but I really don't get to play much since I am mostly modding.  The only playing I do is when I test a mod in the danger room.  I guess it is a problem since I can't possibly predict or witness all the bugs.  That is why I really rely on what others say bug-wise.  I just wish these problems would be mention as they come up instead of all at once.  But oh well... que sera, sera...

i feel exactly the same way.  i dont get to play that often, usually i go from mod to mod, only playing through the tutorial to try out mods.  I also rely on people to point out problems.  I see the amount of download some of my mods get, and no comments, so i assume everything is good.  Lol, just let us know of problems, nobody is going to be mad.

O.k i took of forge and the game did'nt crash at all no error or nothing. So I'm thinking there something about forge? But you did such a perfect job on him I wish you could fix it without changing anything in his game play.

Do you have any skeleton dropping anymore?  Maybe we should figure an xml1 or xml2 skeleton for Forge if the problem is two MUA skeletons.

no. I thought the problem was emma but i guess i was wrong hey so would havok give me problem? cause i was gonna add him to my roster