Havok Beta (Choose Your Destiny)

Started by matt710, May 27, 2007, 12:48PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yup, that is why I am offering both.  It kind of give people a choice on what characters they want to have one skeleton or two skeletons.  I think it will cause less tough decisions on what what mods to use.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

July 27, 2008, 11:02AM #166 Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 11:30AM by Authorias
I use the dual skeleton one: for some reason he lost the ability to do normal melee attacks in the Cerci caves.  He could only do powers or attack while he was jumping.

EDIT: I realized this is probably a skeleton issue, as the second skeleton is what is used for his fightstyle.

Likely it's actually a problem with havok_fightstyles.pkgb.  If it's not present or is referencing the wrong files you'll have issues when you change levels.

the game cant handle so many new fightstyle's at the same time in certain areas, so for example they may all have their second skeletons in the deadzone, but when you go underground the fourth character loses it and cant access it, but when exciting that area they have access to it again.  i think its a memory issues, its to much for the game to load and so its not able to load that new fightstyle. this only happens in certain areas.

Authorias im guessing you were using more than 2 characters with two skeletons, maybe even four?
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I was using Forge, Havok (2 skelly), Quicksilver, and Blink.  So three.  I couldn't attack, and then when I went to the exit of the cave it said RUNTIME ERROR.

So I think you may be right.  My computer has 1gb of ram, so perhaps an advisory should be put out that a gig of ram = one double-skelly at a time?

July 27, 2008, 03:31PM #170 Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 03:34PM by nodoubt_jr
yep thats it, Blink, Havok and Forge use two skeletons, plus Forge has moveset flying.  So the game has two load the 3 extra fightstyles, plus the moveset. Quicksilver wouldnt cause any problems since he only uses one. (thats one of the reasons why i moved xman to only one skeleton, so the game wouldnt struggle to load the new fightstyle and his moveset. also it depends how complete the fightstyle is, for example Stepford Cucook, Multiple Man, Avalanche and Marrow all work find together since they have only the basic attacks, but Beast, Havok, Cable and Emma Frost would cause issues since their fightstyles are complete)
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

Someone should make some kind of key as to how fast a comp should be to run a certain amount of skells.  Or perhaps an ingame script that made it so you could only pick a certain number of skells if your cpu was a certain speed?  Just ideas.

i think its more of the in game memory, like the games memory, not the computers speed.

Ah... but didn't someone note that they were able to play with as many skells as they fancied once they got a really fast system?

If it's ingame memory, I suppose it's more of a constant...

i cant say for sure that is the issue becuase they werent very specific on who they used, like i said my earlier two skeleton mods did not have complete fightstyle, so it wasnt to much for the game to load, all the newer ones ive done are complete as well as matts, so its more for the game to load.

plus like i said in that post, using 3d analyze didnt change anything (while it allows my slow computer to run mua, badly but it runs it, and it allows my lapto to run it with no 3d card installed)

so again, i cant say for sure since they werent very specific

I too use 3danalyze to run games that I otherwise could not.  Glad to hear it helps with MUA as I plan to get that soon.

Hm... well thanks for the troubleshooting tips!

Havok's Energy Blasts description is jumbled - instead of 2 lines of text they are combined into 1, overlapping one another.

Is it just me or that today many people have reported bugs on mods for XMLII that were released a long time ago.

i'm trying them for the first time!

I can't download havok beta mode

:(

I wish a cyclops 2.0 mode with his max power