Has anyone done.......?

Started by cable2099, August 18, 2007, 10:12AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: cable2099 on August 24, 2007, 09:52AM
Also Blizz is right I and others are not entitled to anything but yet we have this site and the mods and we own the license to the game but yet we as the consumer are not entitled to anything especially when we did not buy the license to the game? If a person pays money for a product they are entitled to what they pay for but when a company fails to make the product better it is the consumers job to make it better if they want to because we feel entitled to a better product because we paid for it. If no one is entitled to anything than why make these mods?

Nope.  Modding games without permission from the publisher breaks the EULA.  So count yourself lucky that Activision/Marvel allow this site to be alive at all.

August 24, 2007, 10:05AM #16 Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 10:14AM by Burning Rage
0.o

How old are you again, 12?  If you don't have time to "search for answers", then I don't have time to explain things eleventy times to people like you who are too lazy to search all of the how to threads, or even, *gasp* try to figure it out for yourself.  If you can't follow the guide I already wrote on how to use it, as well as the other countless guides around the forum, then I am not going to hold your hand and walk you through it, especially with that bitchy, demanding attitude you have as of late.  I don't get paid for anything I do, neither does anyone on here.  We owe you nothing, so don't walk around demanding things and acting like we NEED to give you everything or answer every one of your questions.  I don't have the time or the desire for it, so cut it out.

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=698.0

It's not done, but like I said, search FTW.  You follow the herostat directions for any .xmlb file in the game.

EDIT:  BliZZ or any of the other mods, would you mind giving that a sticky?  I know it's not finished, but it's a start...

EDIT2:  Thanks
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

all of this is not really hard, its just testing out stuff and seeing what works. playing around with stuff. if you read around the forum, you pretty much get a feel for everything. What it does is take time, especially mods.

And no one here owes anybody anything, we are fans and we do what we do for fun.  I personally do all the mods/conversions i do for myself, not for anyone else.  But i want to share with others, so i do.

and sometimes we dont answers questions, because either we have other more important things to do, we are tired of answering the same question, we are not online, or just simply we dont know. (seriously there are so many great projects/mods being worked on right now, that i rather modders finish than have to worry about answering questions).
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Search first. Request second.

ok well since I had problems compiling the team bonus to the proper editing way. Would it be possible for someone to send me the decompiled version so that I can edit it and I will send it back and it can be compiled again and then sent back to me so that I can replace it with what I have? And I promise after this I will be good.  :D

Ok, so I have been messing around with the XMLB trying to get Cable installed and put all the files in the folders. I have two questions: 1. After you decompile the ENGB or XMLB file for herostat then you edit it, is the notepad document suppose to be blank or is there suppose to be words on it? Also to get the 21 character slot do we need to do anything special for that slot to be opened like for MUA?

Firstly, make sure you're using XMLBCUI (available at NB2KSTUFF's website), it's Windows-based and a lot easier.

1-Start it, choose File-->decompile, hit the top browse button and choose the file.  Hit Accept.  A small dos window will run, then a confirmation will appear.
2-Back on the main menu of the program, choose File-->Edit.  It will open the decompiled file automatically in notepad.  Edit what you need, close and save.
3-Back at the main menu, choose File-->Compile.  Now hit the bottom browse button and choose herostat.engb.  Hit accept, wait for the confirmation to appear, you're done.

If no confirmation appears you have an error in the actual syntax, which in lamens turns usually means that a { or a } is missing.

As far as the Cable mod, it's VERY incomplete due to the lack of a good animation set for him (plus he only has one poor quality skin).  If you're wanting to try one of the PSP exclusives I'd recommend the Cannonball mod, which is great.

To answer your last question, there's only one thing you need to do to open slot 21.  When you look in the herostat, your first entry will be for defaultman.  Replace that whole section with the character you want to put in there.

Thanks that worked. I was working with screen size of 800 X 600 and was not getting the browse option. I made my screen smaller and it worked.