Ultimate Alliance VS XML2 ?

Started by Sabra, September 18, 2010, 10:01PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey all! Just a quick question, what game do you guys like better (Modding and all that stuff included)? XML2, or MUA? Because I can only have one at a time on my computer... My space is almost up, I have like 100mb or something like that left... But, I've grown SO bored of XML2... I love the game layout (Skills, skins, etc) but, I hate the missions.. They're so blah, and boring. I want something fresh, and I was just wondering, what are the biggest differences between the two? I've never played MUA, as I'm much more of an X-men type game, focusing on the various X-men characters.... 

So, which one is better in your eyes, and why?

Thanks in advance! :)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance was a great game. I liked XML2 aswell, but when this game came out, and I knew, that at last, I can be with many of my favourites, I was totally to play it through....4-5 times. Unmodded. With mods...it, just, rocks!

Which do you mean? XML2, or MUA? lol

I liked XML (1) better than 2, simply because of the missions. BUT, Number 2 definitely has better graphics and characters, and powers, and all that...

But, I just loved the atmosphere of the first. Especially since you could tour the mansion, new mutants learning to control powers, (Magma) danger room missions, (Storyline, not normal danger room) And I just liked the game MUCH better for those purposes.. but I'm not sure if I would like MUA better, or not.. because I don't want XML because I've been there, done that... XML2 has become so boring... So I just wanted something new, with an XML1 type of atmosphere... Well, it doesn't even have to have that... As long as all the maps aren't indoors, dark, and just depressing.. lol

Thoughts? =/

That's why we have mods to make it more interesting.Check out what i did for Emma Frost for XMl2 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5N6rb9SRS4

Half the stuff for MUa can be converted to XMl2.However i think MUA is easier to mod than XMl2.Cause 1 skeletons and effects.In the video i gave emma frost most of the powers from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umLhumVRjc8.

Some effects worked and some didn't.But still i made my personal emma very good i think.I gave her new icons and skins made by whiteking.In fact the powers i gave emma frost to xml2 come from his mod

I meant MUA. Because whatever XML2 has, MUA has, with better graphics. Plus, you said, you get bored because of XML2's story.

With MUA you can always replace all the characters with X-Men ones. Act 4 has a Shi'ar mission which is pretty cool for X fans.

How many characters does MUA support? lol

That Shi'ar mission does sound pretty neat... ;)

MUA has 27 so more than XML2. There are a lot of X characters in MUA. Though there are a few like Magik or Moonstar who are in XML2 but not MUA.

That sounds pretty great.. 27 characters is a lot xD

XML2 supports what, 21? 20?

I wish I knew how to add characters.. lol   I downloaded the All Xmen Edition, and installed it... I love most of the new mutants, but some (Like Gambit, Rogue, Beast, etc) I don't like.... I'd rather replace them with people like Magneto, Professor X, Silver Surfer, etc.. lol

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on September 19, 2010, 08:06AM
MUA has 27 so more than XML2. There are a lot of X characters in MUA. Though there are a few like Magik or Moonstar who are in XML2 but not MUA.

Geez, there is a Magik mod for MUA made by Markloto, why do peepz keep forgetting he made it >:(

I dunno why. I normally use non-mutants anyways