About Signatures

Started by Nowhere Man, October 31, 2010, 02:54PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 31, 2010, 02:54PM Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 04:31PM by Nowhere Man
Hey everyone, a little warning about signatures:

Some members of the staff dislike signatures and several have blocked the signature function for themselves. It has been discussed before the possibility of blocking the signature function for the entire community altogether. I myself have always advocated pro signatures because I think they add color to the forum and allow us to promote our releases, make small statements and customize our posts. Since almost everyone has had commom sense and kept their signatures small, no further discussion about putting an end to signatures ever happened.

In the past few months some members have gradually put bigger and bigger pics in their signatures and it has become an annoyance. I'm asking all of you to take a look at your posts and use your commom sense to define if your signature is too big, otherwise you're risking your right to even have a signature at all.

I recommend people to use paintbrush, gimp or photoshop to make the pic you have now smaller. Make them a reasonable size like Mr Law's, the master$$$'s or edward's. Another tip is to invest more on width and less on height, such as Dihan, Venom or Deedooo. Just check if your signature is a lot bigger than most of your posts. If you have to think whether the pic is too big or not than it probably is.

I hope you all cooperate.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Agree.
You have all my support here. Members of this comunity please read this.
If all the other administrators/moderators doesn't have a problem, I would like to add this to the rules or to the section where the rules are located.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

This also gets my support.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Me too. I turned off signatures for myself because some people had big signatures, not big enough for me to step in as an admin, but big enough to annoy. We are lucky that we dont have signature size limits here, other forums are so strict on that. So please dont over do it :)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I think this thread is a good idea. I'd be scrolling down and somebody had posted and had a huge image below them. Restrictions maybe? On another forum I go on, there's a limit of something around 200 x 500, I think. Or it could be reversed. I dunno.

November 24, 2010, 02:00AM #5 Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 05:42AM by Shauny7488
This is one of my pet peeves about the forum, I didnt want to say anything in case I got in trouble for being a "Junior Mod". Im glad youve spoke out about it though. You have my support.

I also fear that if nothing gets done, then the mods will be forced to bring down a sig size rule, but i hope people just change it and it doesnt get to that.

Now im getting paranoid that my sig is too big lol :D

Quote from: Shauny7488 on November 24, 2010, 02:00AMI also fear that if nothing gets done, then the mods will be forced to bring down a sig size rule, but i hope people just change it and it doesnt get to that.

If it comes to that I'll disable sigs entirely.

thank for the info. I will reduce it.

Quote from: Deedooo on December 13, 2010, 12:02PM
its a tad tall imo... remember width not length

And yet your sig is huge in my opinion.  Sigs like that are exactly why I always turn sigs off if I can in my preferences, but that's just my opinion.

hows my sig Teancum, if its too big ill just get rid of it.

the problem has not only not-stopped, but it got worse. a lot worse. people, please, don't make us call you out by your specific nicknames. it's getting ridiculous.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Quote from: Nowhere Man on March 27, 2011, 06:44PM
the problem has not only not-stopped, but it got worse. a lot worse. people, please, don't make us call you out by your specific nicknames. it's getting ridiculous.

i have signatures off, so if you see someone with a crazy big one let us know and we will remove it.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it