Dark Phoenix Beta (Final? Updated 05/12/08)

Started by matt710, June 03, 2007, 07:01PM

Previous topic - Next topic
cool its a great skin though i love the convo portrait where did you find that pic?

I find a lot of pics from www.MarvelDatabase.com .  I also find alot of info for naming and making moves based on their powers descriptions.  I get skin ideas between them and www.UncannyXMen.net
  From the Ashes she will rise.

Thanks!  I will be sure to put it in Jean's skin collection.  Since I am just about done with playable and npc Goblin Queen, I will be adding dark phoenix under 02 to free up 153 and do some minor thing with Jean Grey.  So do you mind if I release your skin in a pack for Goblin Queen, Dark Phoenix, and Jean Grey, I will give the credit to you for the skin.

I don't mind at all. Thanks. :)

Do you want me to use the Jean Grey face you editted? or do you want to try that on your own?

if you can please.  I will leave the option open for the user.  Unless you can explain it for me step by step.  I am just starting hex editing and don't know how to insert images, just text.

You can use the PS2Skinner to circumvent the hex-editting troubles... The program works fine for inserting and extracting DDS files from PS2 models. The only thing you have learn is to find offsets for textures and palettes in PS2 models.

Oh ok thanks.  Do you have the offsets for this one?  The reason I ask is because I have other skins based off the phoenix one that I wish I could get rid of the sash.  And it is also a good base for long-haired females.  Thanks

Dark_Phoenix_Update_2.4.zip:
http://files.filefront.com//;8038872;;/

Dark Phoenix Update by Matt710

Note thank you everyone for their help.  Thanks nodoubt_jr for supplying the bases for the madeline skin,
entities, talents, powerstyles, and herostats.  I converted the white phoenix skin from Darkmythology's
MUA Phoenix mod. 

Dark Phoenix Mod Update:

9 Skins
9 Conversation Huds
2 3D Huds
1 Menu Portrait (with an alternate)
Abilities added to PSP version
Mostly working sound (except abilities)
Updated Icons from PSP version

New to this version:

Skin numbers changed via hex
Numbering change so she shares 02 with Jean and Goblin Queen.
Updated Force Mastery so it actually fixes the mental problem and adds criticals.
Hexed portrait so it never conflicts

Just drag the folders to the XML2 folder and drop.  For the characterheads package and herostats engb, text files have been provided for you to compile into your game's files.  Please note that you should back up anything before writing over it!!!!

A weird thing now that I changed dark phoenix to 02 her and goblin queen cannot be together on a team together because it crashes.  Should I put one of them on a different number? Maybe 3 on the same number is too much.

Did they work with just two of them?

Nope I just tried.  They just can't stand to be together I guess.  They worked when Dark Phoenix was 153 if I remembered correctly.  I will try that since I still have the 153 files in my game. (they are just inactive)

They don't like eachother period I guess because changing Dark Phoenix to 153 still causes a crash.  Anybody have any clue why?

do there talent files share any similar names? like the names of powers? that was the problem with Jubilee, she shared so many peoples powers cause i was to lazy to rename them that i would crash anytime she was with them.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Ok I'll try renaming Goblin Queen's powers.  thanks