age of X?

Started by Quentin Hex, November 12, 2010, 10:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://marvel.com/images/842615.Age_of_X_Revenant_Reaper/from/content.story.14604
marvel's been releasing some crazy previews of this age of x thing, and even though most of them are being called by different names, some of them are still very recognizable, like rogue and phoenix are called reaper and revenant, respectively.

not sure if this is 616 or not, but feel free to discuss ^^

I don't know what is the age of x going to be but I definetly like it. Why?? Simple my Redhead girl is in there^^.
Wait but where is emma??

Defintally interested especially seeing Jean. I wonder who the guy is with the Phoenix symbol on his chest?

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on November 12, 2010, 01:54PM
Defintally interested especially seeing Jean. I wonder who the guy is with the Phoenix symbol on his chest?
warpath? thats my best guess at least, cause he has indian-esque clothing and gear. probably an egal not a phoenix XD

November 13, 2010, 08:48AM #4 Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 03:46PM by MarvelFan12345
Quote from: Deedooo on November 12, 2010, 10:23PM
warpath? thats my best guess at least, cause he has indian-esque clothing and gear. probably an egal not a phoenix XD
In chaos war's previews we saw Thundebird ocme back and he is connected to this bird so maybe Warpath is taking on the mantle or it is Thunderbird.

Found out everyone in Age of X. From left to right

Hellion (guy with green glow)
Cannonball
Revenant (the new name for the woman who is either Jean or Hope)
Beserker (the guy with the Phoenix/Eagle tatoo on his chest. Maybe its the old Beserker or its Warpath/Thunderbird with a new name)
Gambit
Frenzy (woman in blue/black)
Basilisk (guy with mask and red eyes)
Nightmare (winged pink girl, likely Pixie with a new name)
Reaper (new name for Rogue)
Magneto

and basalisk is kind of obviously cyclops, but i'm still confused as to the woman next to him. storm maybe?

I never thought of Basilisk as Cyke. I thought it was the old Basilisk that Xorn killed. Silly me. The woman next to him is Frenzy/Joanna Cargill. First appeared in X-Facotr, then became an Acolyte. Jean also controlled her for a time to join the X-Men.

more info on the age of x here: http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.14670.the_next_big_thing~colon~_age_of_x
and a new picture with some different characters: http://marvel.com/images/844310.X_Men_Legacy_245_cover_by_Leinil_Francis_Yu/from/content.story.14670

its aparently a timeline where mutants are almost extinct cause their enemies united against them sooner, and they are united around utopia, the (and i quote) "helms deep" of the mutants. also magneto is in charge of the mutants and looks like some sort of messiah XD. read the above article if you want more info.

by the way the phoenixy chick is not hope summers, and basilisk is confirmed as cyclops

The easiest ones to recognize for me were rogue and hellion and maybe the jeanish one.  When I saw the girl in black and blue I thought of maybe domino.  Haven't looked at those new pics yet though can't wait to look at them.
MY deviantART account: http://blacklynxkuroi.deviantart.com/

If the "Phoenix character" isn't hope? That just leaves Jean and Rachel right?

And Maddie. But as the X-Men weren't formed in this reality so I don't think it is Maddie. And Maddie really doesn't have much of a connection to the Phoenix, despite being another incarnation of Jean. Rachel is doubtful too because of the hair and look of maturity. I think it is Jean, especially since the artist of the image made a sketch of Jean and they looked almost exactly alike in pose and hair, except for costume.

But, if the X-Men were never formed in this reality, jean can't be the phoenix. Because she became the phoenix in a mission in the space with the X-Men.

Quote from: Jean_Grey_Phoenix on November 18, 2010, 09:39AM
But, if the X-Men were never formed in this reality, jean can't be the phoenix. Because she became the phoenix in a mission in the space with the X-Men.
its not the exact same of course, but that doesn't mean that she can't become the phoenix other ways than with the x-men

Pretty much every character has established their powers but in different ways than their 616/prime universe counterparts.

ooh. shiny age of x avengers. we apear to have hulk (battle scars much?), iron man (with a cool new armor variant) , ghost rider, susan storm, cap (still stevie boy? has the right jaw-line but who knows XD), and jessica drew (or wasp?) as the black widow.