The new Ultimate Spidey O.o

Started by BLaw, August 03, 2011, 02:29PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Scabbia on August 07, 2011, 12:04PM
Cause its an opinion. Everyone is entitled to have one.

I'm interested to see how this new Spidey plays out. I guess I should say I'm interested to see what kind of situations he'll be going through, being a different race AND possibly gay.

Thank you. @Cyclops I find it rude that you think I shouldn't post here. I dont care if he dies because I find him to be a boring hero. But Im glad to see this change. Peter is Spiderman, but he is not the only one/ nor will he ever be just the only one. Deal with the opinion or not just dont start something about it, its just my thoughts on it all.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I wast really talking bout the Mainstream universe :P

I dont think they should replace Peter in any universe at all, but thats just my opinion :P

Once again though, I honestly couldnt care less for Spiderman, he's pretty much Marvels money-milk cow along with Hulk (im not sure about the popularity of Hulk in America, but if you mention Green & Strong here, everybody knows its Hulk) :P
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Feels like they're trying too hard to be diverse. Half-black, half-hispanic, possibly gay. One or two of those three is fine, putting them all together is overkill. Why don't they make him HIV positive and handicapped in some way, that way everyone feels all goody goody inside?

My opinion is that they really went out of their way to say "look, our new Spider-Man is a minority! We're modern and promote diversity!". IMO, they should've just say "the new ultimate Spider-Man is a kid from Brooklyn*", and let the readers think "he's black/hispanic? Makes sense, most definitely not every kid from Brooklyn* is white".
*Or wherever he's from.

remember when they replaced mainstream Parker with Ben Reilly? everyone thought it was smart to get into the more 'current age' of people and look how that turned out? this...Miles Morales is a good idea for a character but a bad idea for Spider-Man...I'll give him a year before Ultimate Peter comes back or the Ultimate Spider-Man line cans

Quote from: Teancum on August 10, 2011, 07:52AM
Feels like they're trying too hard to be diverse. Half-black, half-hispanic, possibly gay. One or two of those three is fine, putting them all together is overkill. Why don't they make him HIV positive and handicapped in some way, that way everyone feels all goody goody inside?

This. This so very much.

I'm awaiting the moment the costume will turn into even more prominent shade of pink than it is now. Because that certainly isn't red color.

Quote from: Eddie Brock Venom on August 04, 2011, 06:26AM
The same here the only Spider-man for me is PETER PARKER.
I agree with you 100% in the Ultimate Universe(and Marvel Universe)there's only one and true Spider-Man and is Peter Parker :spiderman:

Well I do have to say if the only Spiderman for you is Peter Parker dont read the Ultimate comics!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on November 07, 2011, 04:38PM
Well I do have to say if the only Spiderman for you is Peter Parker dont read the Ultimate comics!

Here in Italy the number in which Peter died has not yet arrived, and after that I'll stop because for me  Ultimate Spider-Man ends up there with the number 160

not even Jessica Drew (Ultimate Spider-Woman) liked the fact that Miles Morales has taken the place of Peter Parker as the new Spider-Man XD

You go Jessica! :P, always liked Spider-woman, this makes me like her even more :D
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven