Shattered Dimensions Stuttering Issue

Started by Tweaker61, February 19, 2012, 04:55PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi Just today I got shattered Dimensions and have a slight issue, the game is lagging like crazy, Like stuttering, not so much as low fps, because i can max out the settings, I can play skyrim ultra settings, and crysis 2 ultra, so its not like my pc cant play it. I lowered the settings to the lowest and it seemed to have gotten worse! Any idea why? Anyone else having this issue?

I had the same problem. I just used a .bat configuration to minimize the problem. Activision should have sent a patch about that. Search the web for others with the same problem and try their solution.
We all have secret. The ones that we keep. And the ones that are kept.

I now know the problem and the solution. I know this thread is old, but I'm still sharing it. The problems is caused by having too much FPS than you monitor can handle. If you have a 60 HZ monitor and the game exceeds 60 FPS the game will start to shutter. It gets worse when lowering because you earn even more FPS out of it. The best solution is to either set the graphics on your video card driver higher, or use Vsync. Vsync locks your FPS. But always having it on can cause tearing. Therefore you should use something called Adaptive Vsync. I don't know if AMD have that solution on their ATI video cards, but Nvidia is using it. Adaptive Vsync works much like the regular Vsync, but only activates when you exceeds the framerate during game. So you reduce the tearing, but also avoid the shuttering in the process. But don't have the Adaptive Vsync on in other games. Some games handle it, others don't. You activate it on you Video card driver. Usually at the bottom in 3d settings or something.
We all have secret. The ones that we keep. And the ones that are kept.