X-Men Anime

Started by Midnightphoenix, February 19, 2011, 08:28AM

Previous topic - Next topic
The show does indeed have a creepy tone which is new for X-Men so I don't mind it too much. As for Storm, I agree she is weak in both powers and personality. These days Storm hasn't had too much luck in comics and tv shows.

Quote from: whiteking on April 10, 2011, 11:03AM
Mmm models for her... Jean's AoA or XML1 are the the ones that come to my mind.
Or XML2 Storm.

Yeah, I don't seem to remember Storm almost passing out every time she uses her powers happening in the comics. Maybe she's sick and that's gonna come into a later storyline or maybe the guys making this are morons. Who knows?
The COOL TEAM:

Paulie Provenzano - "You--?! You weren't there a second ago! And you're talking directly into my head?"
Jean - "That would explain the echo."

well back in the first few books of ultimate x-men she had trouble controlling her powers and got worn out...but in this she is no longer a little teenager and has been with the x-men for a while. there is no logical explanation XP

Maybe its like the TAS episodes, the 2 Savage Land episodes, when she lost control, maybe she feels it taking over and stops it so shes worn out ot something

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I honestly think everyone is just looking into a reason for Storm's weakness and the developers intended it from the beginning, for whatever reason. The other X-Men nor Storm seemed suprised that she felt tired.

Heres Episode 3, but not English Subs, please post one if you find one, Shades of Grey forum said this is an e pisode that really needs subs http://www.animeavenue.net/x-men-episode-3/

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

The subbed episode is online now and can be found on the same link that you posted.
I saw the episode and I liked it, I can't wait to see Emma's diamond form and that she  fights with the team and how they will explain Storm's health or whatever will be the reason of why she's weak now :)

Thanks for the link!
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

April 16, 2011, 05:37PM #173 Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:03PM by TheStorm
Thanks for the link, can't wait to watch it!

EDIT :

" His sanity's slipping, telepathy won't get through to him at all. "

Well that was lame. Seems like Cyclops is the strongest. Wouldn't be surprised if they made him stronger than Charles.

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Sweetness.  I just watched the 3 episode and it as awesome.  I can't wait for episode 4 when emma goes diamond( I'm assuming since it was hinted that her diamond form will be revealed in ep 4 you know the whole second mutation thing and abnormality in her body).  Also that dude is one creepy person.  I wonder who it was that cyclops saw, that is if emma is telling the truth.  I'm wondering maybe stepford cuckoos, posing as emma?

BTW..... ORGANS........LOL creepy
MY deviantART account: http://blacklynxkuroi.deviantart.com/

I think it might have been Mastermind putting illusions into Jean's mind, illusions of Emma, probably because she left the Inner Circle and they wanted to confuse the X-Men into thinking it was Emma.

Or it could have been like in WATXM, Emma thought (as she said in the third episode) she was doing the right thing, but later discovered she didn't like what they were doing and left.

And last but not least, Mastermind could have manipulated Emma into controlling Jean's mind.

There :) My theories.

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

OOH YEAH I forgot mastermind.

It wouldn't be like in WATX though because she said that she left and therefore didn't participate in that fight.

Also I don't think she would be manipulated easily.

Also something I just thought of is that when ever she was shown in jean's mind, you couldn't actually completely see her entirely, at least from what I remeber.  I guess we will just have to wait to see what really happened lol.

I'm a fan of Emma, really, but how they seem to be representing some characters (Storm being very weak, Cyclops being the strongest) I wouldn't be surprised if they made Emma weaker than she should be.

She did say : " His sanity's slipping, telepathy won't get through to him at all. "

I mean come on, really?

Even though I am complaining about these things I do like the show. It's enjoyable :D

I like the show also, and yeah I know what you mean about the whole weakness part.  I think something is wrong with storm though, because that one dude told storm to basically stand down and as soon as he said that she got a weak look on her face, at least from what I remember. 

BTW is that "dude" supposed to be mastermind?  I'm thinking maybe yes because of the whole situation where charles and emma couldn't scan through the area.

I hope they introduce some other characters like the inner circle and I hope they show a little mystique, not a lot, maybe just as a captured sedated minion type, cause she looks awesome in the end credits.  I'd also like to see some characters in anime form, just to see what the artists for the show would make them look like, like night crawler, rogue, gambit, iceman, angel, the cuckoos, etc.  but maybe just for cameo apperances, because I like the team as it is with storm, cycke, emma, hisako, beast, and I guess even wolvie isn't that bad.

I'm thinking Emma's plot is one of the following.

1) The Cuckoos were impersonating Emma in Jean's mind

2) Mastermind created an illusion of Emma in Jean's mind to mislead the X-Men. (Note that Emma was not standing with Mastermind and the rest of the Hellfire Club)

3) Emma was with the Hellfire Club but unaware of their real actions (hopefully this is not the case because we've seen it before and Emma can't be that dumb and naive to not know their real plans)

4) Emma is just as bad as Mastermind, etc. and is trying to infiltrate the X-Men for whatever reason. In other words she is a villain in disguise (with Emma's comic past this is very likely for this show)