Here's a pretty picture... ("Screenshots you're proud of..." thread)

Started by Noelemahc, December 23, 2006, 05:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I was sad about not having MUA2, but thankfully i have these guys to play around with

Im mostly just happy because these are the first mods ive worked on for MUA (I used the Psylocke, Gambit and Jean's mods already released as bases for the MUA2 versions and Penance, Green Goblin and Songbird i set up myself.) No im not releasing them, other more experience MUA1 modders are working on them, i was just impatient :D. Now back to XML2.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Very nice! The Jean effects look better than the ones I am using. I'm justing using Torch's effects. Songbird as good as expected! The only reason I'm not feeling giddy about Psylocke is cause I used the effects from the updated XMLII mod for her. I have MUAII for Ps2 but have no idea how to get the files so it seems I will have to wait to get these characters

I can't believe it, you have Songbird!!! I'm so jealous (in a positive way) right now :D
Jean and Psylocke effects looks really good and Songbird looks amazing!
Hope that we can get her and more effects soon :)
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

MarvelFan12345 im not sure how to do it either, but maybe google it. Jean's skeletons no longer have her XML2 xtreme animation, but im sure who ever works on her MUA2 conversion will find a fix for this (new fightstyle im guessing). Since these characters have no xtremes, i didnt do any for them since they are just there to hold me over until the other modders finish with them.

Songbird is good, the only thing missing is her mace. I think Blizz is working on her, so she should be great.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

Quote from: whiteking on October 05, 2009, 04:01PM
I can't believe it, you have Songbird!!! I'm so jealous (in a positive way) right now :D

That's my fault, but you should be jealous at me (for finishing the mesh today) but more at Blizz since he's the modder working on her :P

Quote from: BLaw on October 05, 2009, 04:16PM
That's my fault, but you should be jealous at me (for finishing the mesh today) but more at Blizz since he's the modder working on her :P

Just a little, I have a lot of fun (and work) with Moonstone, and I'm a really patient person so I'll wait until Blizz release her mod. And I still have the "test" version of her mesh that you have sent to me so technically she's in my game too, at least the mesh, lol :D
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

she's great btw, so i cant wait to try the updated version. I really like Green Goblin, so i cant wait for you to be done with him :)

Yeah Goblin is awesome on Ps2. I really can't wait for all these characters!

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on October 05, 2009, 04:13PM
MarvelFan12345 im not sure how to do it either, but maybe google it. Jean's skeletons no longer have her XML2 xtreme animation, but im sure who ever works on her MUA2 conversion will find a fix for this (new fightstyle im guessing). Since these characters have no xtremes, i didnt do any for them since they are just there to hold me over until the other modders finish with them.

No reason you can't use her XML2 skeleton as her base and her MUA2 4_combat skeleton as her 4_combat.  Just hex out the power animations from her XML2 skeleton you aren't using and her powerstyle will look to the base skeleton once it doesn't find the animation in the 4_combat.  Don't need a fightstyle for it.  Same with Psylocke.  Unless you're in love with the MUA2 walking and idle animations, just reuse her XML1 skeleton as the base and you got the walking and idle animations, as well as more power animations.  That's what I did with Emma.  It makes the base skeleton a little better than worthless.

I wasn't aware you released any MUA2 meshes yet.  Thought you were waiting to release them in a big pack?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Yeah, Jean is the same, so that's probably what MarvelFan12345 should do since he's working on her. For Psylocke, that may not work as her menu idle and goodbye are slightly different and i kind of like them.

I think BLaw had just released Songbird to the modders, not on the public forum.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on October 05, 2009, 05:13PM
I'm afraid I don't completely understand by what you mean. How could I use the MUAII and XMLII animations both without a fightstyle.

You have 2 skeletons.  One will be a _jean_grey.igb, and the other will be a _jean_grey_4_combat.igb.  Now the _jean_grey (the base skeleton, since it has all of the non combat animations in it) does not have any power animations in it.  Just walk, run, menu, etc.  Her XML2 skeleton has all of those animations, PLUS power animations in it since XML2 only used 1 skeleton.  MUA and MUA2 split up the animations in to 2 different skeletons.  Replace the _jean_grey skeleton from MUA2 with her XML2 skeleton.  That way you not only have her base animations, but also extra power animations too.

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on October 05, 2009, 05:17PM
Yeah, Jean is the same, so that's probably what MarvelFan12345 should do since he's working on her. For Psylocke, that may not work as her menu idle and goodbye are slightly different and i kind of like them.

I suppose it depends on if those extra power animations are worth it or not.  I don't take stock in the menu animations as much as having extra power animations so it wouldn't make a difference to me, but if you like them there's absolutely no problem in that.  If I didn't need any more animations then I wouldn't worry about it and would keep the MUA2 one.

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on October 05, 2009, 05:17PM

I think BLaw had just released Songbird to the modders, not on the public forum.

I must have missed it.  I actually wanted Songbird, so I'll check again.  Was more interested in the Psylocke though.  Was that the one Blaw did from MUA2?  or is it someone else's reskin?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Thats shafcrawler's reskin, im using his skins for her at the moment.

Quote from: Burning Rage on October 05, 2009, 05:21PM
You have 2 skeletons.  One will be a _jean_grey.igb, and the other will be a _jean_grey_4_combat.igb.  Now the _jean_grey (the base skeleton, since it has all of the non combat animations in it) does not have any power animations in it.  Just walk, run, menu, etc.  Her XML2 skeleton has all of those animations, PLUS power animations in it since XML2 only used 1 skeleton.  MUA and MUA2 split up the animations in to 2 different skeletons.  Replace the _jean_grey skeleton from MUA2 with her XML2 skeleton.  That way you not only have her base animations, but also extra power animations too.

I suppose it depends on if those extra power animations are worth it or not.  I don't take stock in the menu animations as much as having extra power animations so it wouldn't make a difference to me, but if you like them there's absolutely no problem in that.  If I didn't need any more animations then I wouldn't worry about it and would keep the MUA2 one.

I must have missed it.  I actually wanted Songbird, so I'll check again.  Was more interested in the Psylocke though.  Was that the one Blaw did from MUA2?  or is it someone else's reskin?

Yeah I deleted my post cause I started to understand and now I truly do. I was very stupid to not get it before. It seems anytime someone mentions skeletons I can't concentrate and I get a brainf reeze.

Also the Psylocke NodoubtJr had is the one by Shaf in her XMLII mod.