Here's a pretty picture... ("Screenshots you're proud of..." thread)

Started by Noelemahc, December 23, 2006, 05:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm in the mood for levity today, and so I decided that this board needs some brightening up.

Here's a small kick-off for our very own "Screenshots you're proud of for no apparent reason" thread. Be it a particularly complicated battle scene or an unforseen side-effect of your modding efforts (hint: try to use 1501.igb (inactive by default) as Iron Man's fourth costume... The fall-down-get-up process will be priceless!), this will be our little space to show stuff off.

So, allow me to begin...
Marvel Villain Alliance!. Coming soon to a mod near you?
(Starring: The T. as The R.; O.M. as D.B.; Iron M. as Crimson D. and Nick F. as Bulls E.).
<Fun fact: the game actually has TWO Rhino models - the spiky Ultimate-ish one and the simplish Classic one; but I don't think it actually uses both in the gameplay... Does it?>

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

that Ultimate Rhino looks awsome and the others 2 of course

DAMN!

that's a kickass screenie!  Seeing that alone would make me want to buy the PC over any other version

Cool stuff guys!

Merry Christmas

P.S. My son, looking at your screenshot just had a cool idea;  Using Corsair as a skin for Blade.  Sorry if I'm slow but has any body else already come up with this?

Indeed nice.
Could make a few of those myself too. 'cause I have Jean as a skin for Inv.Woman, Nightcrawler for Deadpool, the Hulk for Cage and Iron Fist for Ronin (modded her in).

I gonna replace Blade with Cyclops when his mod is ready.

QuoteMy son, looking at your screenshot just had a cool idea;  Using Corsair as a skin for Blade.

I used Deadpool, but only because I hadn't been messing around in there much with replacing characters.  Afterwards, I thought Blade might have worked better.

Once I started though, I was switching around characters like mad. Like...who really needs 4 THING skins? Sure, Rhino or Titannus might yell 'It's clobberin' time', and the HUD might be wrong, but if you turn off the HUD and turn up your music it doesn't matter much. And why not pop an Ultron or Doom in place of those Iron Man armors you don't like?

or a Doom Ironman skin....wich i dont know the value of..anything. Could someone tell me how you find out what value is who?

menneb, better call them "codes" or "numbers", because "value" automatically means "cost" to me. Unfortunate side-effect of five years wasted on majoring in economics.
There is a list of character codes tommy2k and I threw together in this thread:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0
So, if Doom's code is 19, then his skins are 1901, 1902, 1903, etc.
The ones with 0 as the third digit are actual character skins. The rest are either effect models, scripted scene models, civilian attire models (like Tony Stark's skins) and weapon models (like 0250 that holds Daredevil's batons).

QuoteLike...who really needs 4 THING skins? Sure, Rhino or Titannus might yell 'It's clobberin' time', and the HUD might be wrong, but if you turn off the HUD and turn up your music it doesn't matter much. And why not pop an Ultron or Doom in place of those Iron Man armors you don't like?
Actually, that's eggsactly what I did in my screenie. When I figure out how the sound swapping works, I'm gonna make a Crimson Dynamo soundset and cheer. Already got a ploy for a Soviet Strike team (Crimson Dynamo, Classic Black Widow, make a Colossus skin based off the legendary Proletarian, and make a Red Guardian skin for Captain America), too. :P

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Seeing Kenn's picture, and based on GadsDad's Corsair dea, who would you give Black Bolt's skin?

Well, he put Iron Man as Black Bolt. Me, I'd pick someone like Strange for 'im.

Crimson Dynamo says:

Merry Christmas!  Had some fun fooling around with switching skins today:

Thank you Noelemahc and sorry i use the word values in AOM Modding so im used to it  ;)

QuoteWell, he put Iron Man as Black Bolt. Me, I'd pick someone like Strange for 'im.

The Silver Surfer as Black Bolt.  There's four of him that all look the same and he just looks dumb flying that surfboard indoors.

Hmmm...is the surfboard part of the character model?  Will everyone I replace the Surfer with have a surfboard?

Edit: Well, I answered my own question. Yes.

Edit 2. Corsair as Blade worked pretty sweet, here's a shot from the character screen and an in-game shot. He replaced that ugly green Peter Pan-looking suit:

Here's a good example of the weird things that can happen when you start messing around:

Edit 3:  I can't sleep and decided that since I'm grabbing screens instead of playing, I'd jack the details up so high as to choke my frame rate completely and grab a few beauty shots:

WW2 Ultimate Captain America (my fave) and Team Heavy Metal

Duuuuude, that last pair totally rocks! I want to shoot myself for the fact that I simply cannot survive through the character selection screen's slowness if I crank the shadows up to high :P

Crimson Dynamo says: