Single-hero comics

Started by bobbyraw, March 13, 2011, 11:25PM

Previous topic - Next topic
What do you guys think of single-hero comics like the Spider-Man ones, Iron man, Hulk, etc? Do they get boring due to a lack of variety or a bit too much repetitiveness or are they as good as the team-based comics?

One of the things that I love about the X-Men comics is the interaction between team members and I'm wondering if single-hero comics are able to compensate for the (I'm guessing) lack of this by featuring better interaction with supporting characters, or something like that.
The COOL TEAM:

Paulie Provenzano - "You--?! You weren't there a second ago! And you're talking directly into my head?"
Jean - "That would explain the echo."

I certainly tend to favour team comics but there are some few heroes that are a lot of fun to read solo adventures of. My favourite is Thor. Not only is he a very interesting character, there's the whole mythological setting that makes his stories really magical. Plus, it's not just him solo facing bad guys. There are so many different people that appear on the title, like the gods of Asgard, his friends in Midgard and some very cool focus on other creatures of the 9 worlds. I totally recommend Thor.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Yeah, I was kind of surprised when reading through some of the early avengers issues. I thought (before that) that Thor was a bit of a knob with his personality, etc (just my impression from the few times I'd read stuff with him in it). However, I actually kind of liked him in those issues, so I might actually follow your advice and read some more of his stuff.

What do you think of Spider-Man?
The COOL TEAM:

Paulie Provenzano - "You--?! You weren't there a second ago! And you're talking directly into my head?"
Jean - "That would explain the echo."

He's fun too. It's just that in his title he's the only superhero. Sure there are a lot of relatives and friends and so on, but it's not like Thor where his god friends have their own skills and powers. For me it gets a little boring having only Spider-Man to save the day. Still he has a great personality. Witty, funny and dramatic at the same time. Definitely a charismatic hero.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."