Brohara's Skins... adding Iron Man Hydro Armor (in progress)

Started by brohara, March 22, 2011, 02:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey everyone, been a long time. But I recently started playing MUA on my PC again which
renewed the desire to fix up a few skins I had done, and also get to some new ones that I
had been planning. So a note to the moderators, I'll be updating my old skins thread very soon.

In the meantime, I'll show you a snap of what I've been working on:
Iron Man Hydro Armor.

(Iron Man is the reason I play the game, so most of my skins are Iron Man related.)
I really thought it would be cool to have the Hydro suit to play during the Atlantis mission.
Just a couple bugs to work out yet before I share it, but here's how it looks:

Based on Krang, obviously. The dome made him a perfect starting point.
I can't seem to find where the Alpha channel is that's controlling the partial
transparency of the dome. Thinking if I can find it, I might be able to hide
a few bolt-ons, like the belt-sash and the moustache. In the meantime,
I've themed them as best I can until I can figure that out.
Check out issue #74 of Advanced Iron.
Iron Man In Action columnist, Advanced Iron Magazine.
http://www.advancediron.org/

Can we move to Modder's Workbench.
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Great skin, although I dont think it needs to be moved to modders workbench, since this is where the skins are being released

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

But it's not released. It's still a work in progress.

And it is nice btw. Nice idea too.

Quote from: RogueDW331 on March 22, 2011, 02:42PM
But it's not released. It's still a work in progress.

Yeah I just ment that its being showed the progress, but it will get released here, so this doesnt really need to be moved but another topic could be created in Modders Workbench so that the progress could be showen there

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Brohara, I can make some scripts that make Iron Man change to this outfit every time you go to Atlantis, so that you don't have to spend a skin slot just for this one... What I mean is that you could have in your herostat any 6 skins (let's say: New Avengers, Classic, Heroes Reborn, Ultimate, Silver Centurion and Stealth), but anytime you go to Atlantis Iron Man changes to this outfit, retaining all of the costume bonuses. The only downside would be that you wouldn't be able to use the Hydro Armor in, let's say, Asgard or Doom's Castle, unless one of your six costume was the Hydro Armor.

PM me if you'd be interested in these scripts.

Nice idea! :)

† Reach Heaven before the devil learns of your death †

Quote from: Gevth on March 23, 2011, 10:07PM
Brohara, I can make some scripts that make Iron Man change to this outfit every time you go to Atlantis, so that you don't have to spend a skin slot just for this one... What I mean is that you could have in your herostat any 6 skins (let's say: New Avengers, Classic, Heroes Reborn, Ultimate, Silver Centurion and Stealth), but anytime you go to Atlantis Iron Man changes to this outfit, retaining all of the costume bonuses. The only downside would be that you wouldn't be able to use the Hydro Armor in, let's say, Asgard or Doom's Castle, unless one of your six costume was the Hydro Armor.

Very clever!
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: Gevth on March 23, 2011, 10:07PM

That's a great idea! I mean, that suit has a pretty specific purpose, and restricting it's use to Atlantis is pretty much bang-on with the whole point of the skin. Definitely interested.

Will follow up.

Currently tweaking the skin. (you guys are right, probably should have posted this in the workbench, but until I resurrect my skins page will post here.)
Thanks for the feedback!

Check out issue #74 of Advanced Iron.
Iron Man In Action columnist, Advanced Iron Magazine.
http://www.advancediron.org/