Question about animation sets and 3ds max.

Started by Dorpond, February 03, 2017, 07:12AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi guys,i have a some questions about 3ds max and characters anims
1)Does 3ds max 5.1 work on Windows 8.1?
2)How i can combine 3 animation sets? i need to combine Silver Surfer (or Dr.Doom),Doctor Strange and Elektra anims,how i can to do that?
3)How i can use Doctor Strange meditation anim in Sanctum Sanctorum? is this a possible to use this animation for a character mod? i'm talking about this animation if you interested: http://i.imgur.com/9C9F99m.png
Thanks in advance.
My releases: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9772.0.html

UPD since 30.11.2021
I'm ok and will be back to modding as soon as i can
I can gurantee what i will back with a lots of new ideas and finish old projects.
Right now i'm not mod and only posting posts thank you if you readed this!

Hello.
1) Sorry I can't tell. Guys in the facebook group know that my Windows is quite outdated.
2) Basic animations are 01_hero and 01_hero_4_combat. The first is used for menu, standing, running, flying animations. The second have powers and combos animations.
For common moves like ground and jump attacks each hero have the fightstyle_default animation set, indicated in the herostat.
That's what you can change to add the 3rd animation. Copy one animation set you want, and rename it in like fightsyle_hero (notice that the word hero stands for the name of the character you want). Then you need to add the fightstyle_hero to the herostat, talent, fightsyle and the packages data files. Use any mod with 3 animations for example, decompile those 4 data files (herostat, talent file, fightstyle and packages) to look inside.
3) I have tried to use that Dr. Strange animation before, but  it's impossible for some reason. You can find it listed in the common_anims data file as anim32 or something.

February 03, 2017, 10:21AM #2 Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:26AM by Dorpond
Quote from: Julio Cabral on February 03, 2017, 08:56AM
Hello.
1) Sorry I can't tell. Guys in the facebook group know that my Windows is quite outdated.
Hello.
I already tried to download 3ds max to my Windows,works fine,but i have a cdilla dll error.

2) Basic animations are 01_hero and 01_hero_4_combat. The first is used for menu, standing, running, flying animations. The second have powers and combos animations.
For common moves like ground and jump attacks each hero have the fightstyle_default animation set, indicated in the herostat.
That's what you can change to add the 3rd animation. Copy one animation set you want, and rename it in like fightsyle_hero (notice that the word hero stands for the name of the character you want). Then you need to add the fightstyle_hero to the herostat, talent, fightsyle and the packages data files. Use any mod with 3 animations for example, decompile those 4 data files (herostat, talent file, fightstyle and packages) to look inside.
Thanks a lot,also i heard about some animation hex-edit,what is that?

3) I have tried to use that Dr. Strange animation before, but  it's impossible for some reason. You can find it listed in the common_anims data file as anim32 or something.
So is this impossible to use that animation?...hardcoded? that's bad...
And can we create custom anims through 3ds max?

UPD since 30.11.2021
I can gurantee what i will back with a lots of new ideas and finish old projects.

I think there's a tutorial for the hex edition but I can't link you to it right now. Bassically the hex editor is used to rename the animations to avoid confusion. Let's say you want to use the fightstyle power1 animation for your character, but in the 4_combat there's already another power1 animation. You'll need to use a hex editor to open the animation file, search and rename the power1 for powerx o xower1 o whaterever. This way the power1 that will be played is the one you wanted.
But, you can't give names that more o minus characters. Example: You can't rename power1 to power12 or power1 to just power.
The animation that are used during the cutscenes or in the base maps have these names anim1 to a number I can't remember right now (something like that). I think that none of those names are actually recognizable in the heroes powerstyles. You could rename them but you'll mess with a basic animation file of the game (common.igb) that could make some ingame conflicts.
It's not possible to create new animations sets. We don't know at least. But we can make animated objects (mannequins and boltons).

Sorry. I make a mistake. It's possible to rename animation with less characters. Like if you need to use power10_loop animation for the menu_action, yo rename power10_loop with menu_actionp and then select the "p" and fill it with 0 to erase it.

Quote from: Julio Cabral on February 03, 2017, 10:48AM
It's not possible to create new animations sets. We don't know at least. But we can make animated objects (mannequins and boltons).
Well..i thought some custom anims was used for your Casey Jones and Raiden,or iammingy's Iron Fist.
Looks like i was wrong,but thanks anyways.

UPD since 30.11.2021

Quote from: Dorpond on February 03, 2017, 12:03PM
Well..i thought some custom anims was used for your Casey Jones and Raiden,or iammingy's Iron Fist.
Looks like i was wrong,but thanks anyways.
I think Iron Fist use the Monks from Mandarin Palace's animations and also Ronin's. Casey Jones in the other hand is a mix of Thor and Daredevil. And Raiden's Torpedo move is just the run animation but I hide his body and make a segment in the torpedo pose appear.