Marvel Super Hero Squad Online

Started by MarvelFan12345, March 22, 2011, 05:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: White Queen on August 07, 2015, 11:10AM
Btw, I read somewhere (honestly cannot remember if it was an earlier post on this thread) Is it true that you can't choose (Randomize) your Squad Name anymore? (when creating an account) And you're assigned a random one when you create your account. Is that true? o.o

Edit: Went back to through the thread to see if I can find it (still unsure if I read that here), and the first thing I see is that in a recent patch they've removed HQ. :O Really ?! ;-; I liked HQ though. xD

I'm not sure about the usernames, but yeah HQ is gone. They said that it had to many problems and they didn't want to have to worry about it so they removed it. Seems a bit lazy to be honest.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

August 07, 2015, 02:20PM #4006 Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 02:25PM by White Queen
Oh wow...I knew the answer to this unavailability problem all along, and I've been going the wrong way about it.
Originally I tried using Proxy sites to bypass the website's "We're unavailable in your area" thing, problem was, that only allowed me access to the site, but not to the game or the game files.
However I found a very basic but highly-efficient IP Mask/Hider program, that basically masks my IP into making it seem like it's a US one, so now I can access the site and the game.
Downloaded the game files, played around and wow... So many things have changed. Found only 2 problems though (originally 3, but that was fixed fast)
1) The Crafting Menu button does not work, it's like I'm clicking the ground behind the UI.
2) Opening the Achievements window gives me "You have been disconnected from the server error".
3) [Fixed] My game was only loading up to 76%, switched from Firefox to IE, that seemingly fixed it. Got back to Firefox and it works fine there as well.
Edit: 4) Bonus: An apparent lack of UI adjustments, like it's not adjusted to full screen or something. (looks fine when it's not in fullscreen) The store looks really weird in fullscreen (completely usable but weird)

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on August 07, 2015, 01:46PM
I'm not sure about the usernames, but yeah HQ is gone. They said that it had to many problems and they didn't want to have to worry about it so they removed it. Seems a bit lazy to be honest.

I agree.

@ White Queen,
Glad things are working for you, at least somewhat.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

August 09, 2015, 11:32AM #4008 Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:37AM by White Queen
I just sent a Support Ticket (categorized as Suggestion, Feedback)
I addressed the sub-par Fractal, Experience and Crafting rewards received from missions. (especially the Crisis Missions that take a while to complete)
Basically I made a suggestion that the game should apply multipliers on the quantity of XP and fractals depending on the average time to complete the chosen mission and of course final score.
The Rank of Crafting supplies would be determined by the average time to complete the mission, while the QUANTITY rewarded would depend on final score.
And extra bonuses depending on how many heroes are in the team. (since a mission's difficulty increases with the amount of heroes)
Also addressed older heroes not being optimized to be on par with this new power standard. (With Emma being my main focus, she is incredibly weak in Crisis Missions, even being a lvl 19)
Also made a suggestion for a new zone. Focused on X-Mansion with a secondary option being Avengers Tower.
And lastly I made a small suggestion for an alternative variation Marvel NOW Emma Frost with pure melee diamond form powers. xD Why not? lol

Quote from: White Queen on August 09, 2015, 11:32AM
I just sent a Support Ticket (categorized as Suggestion, Feedback)
I addressed the sub-par Fractal, Experience and Crafting rewards received from missions. (especially the Crisis Missions that take a while to complete)
Basically I made a suggestion that the game should apply multipliers on the quantity of XP and fractals depending on the average time to complete the chosen mission and of course final score.
The Rank of Crafting supplies would be determined by the average time to complete the mission, while the QUANTITY rewarded would depend on final score.
And extra bonuses depending on how many heroes are in the team. (since a mission's difficulty increases with the amount of heroes)
Also addressed older heroes not being optimized to be on par with this new power standard. (With Emma being my main focus, she is incredibly weak in Crisis Missions, even being a lvl 19)
Also made a suggestion for a new zone. Focused on X-Mansion with a secondary option being Avengers Tower.
And lastly I made a small suggestion for an alternative variation Marvel NOW Emma Frost with pure melee diamond form powers. xD Why not? lol

I'll be curious to know if you get any encouraging response back.

August 09, 2015, 01:38PM #4010 Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 04:22PM by White Queen
Quote from: fox456 on August 09, 2015, 01:15PM
I'll be curious to know if you get any encouraging response back.
Well it says that a Feedback/Suggestion ticket won't necessarily receive a response from the dev's, it might but it's not certain.
If I do receive one, I'll post it here. Hopefully it's better than the previous generic responses I've received on my several previous tickets.
You'd think it'll hurt them to take some time to write a normal type of response, instead of those auto/generic responses one normally receives. Besides, I doubt they get many support tickets these days.

Edit: Yay finally got Enchantress. :D

Here is the reply I received:

Greetings Spider Spirit,

Thanks for contacting us. We greatly appreciate your thoughtful and constructive feedback and suggestions you've provided us, especially your thoughts on how to improve Emma Frost and your ideas about a new zone, such as the X-Mansion.

I will make sure that your feedback will be forwarded over the Super Hero Squad Online team so it can be further reviewed. Please note that Customer Support won't be able to provide you any updates about your suggestions.

Again, we highly value your input and appreciate you taking the time out to share it with our team.

Thanks,

Trisha
Super Hero Squad Online Support

Well, that reply sounds better than average.  Let's hope that the development team actually receives and considers your suggestions.  I liked your idea of awarding fractals and experience on a more fair basis.

They are back!
There was a new update!
And a lot of new in store!

Am I the only one experiencing a horrid bug with the Mission window. It's completely blank, besides the X (Close) button. ;-;

Quote from: White Queen on April 07, 2016, 07:30AM
Am I the only one experiencing a horrid bug with the Mission window. It's completely blank, besides the X (Close) button. ;-;

I have same, only X button does not work!
Do not close! T_T

I am experiencing the bug as well

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Oh wow... I've been going through my oldest posts on this forum. I can't believe it's been half a decade since this thread started.

Quote from: White Queen on April 06, 2011, 10:35AM
NOOO! Everyone is playing it....exept me :'-( . I just signed up for an account and i cant wait, how long does it take for them to give a code?
And what!? the game wont be free, are you sure?

My very first post on this thread... the cringe is real. Still though, I can't believe it was 5 years ago... I was 13 when I wrote that, and soon I'm turning 19. It's kind of mindblowing and highly saddening at the same time. Sometimes I feel like it's been only a week or so. Silly I know. :P

This game has changed so much over these years, and even though I haven't played it that much (since it was unavailable here, and still isn't, but I'm crafty xD) I feel like it has lost it's touch... or maybe it's just me having grown up and all.
The cool thing is, I still have my original account from back then. The one I made after the beta ended and before they made it unavailable in my country.

So many childhood memories are buried in posts I made on this thread, It's really refreshing and comforting knowing that they are somewhat preserved somewhere, as they have (sadly) mostly faded from my mind. It's nice having a place where you can go to jog your memories, reminisce and fill yourself with nostalgia. 

Ah, I remember Super Hero Squad Online. It was such a fun little game. I eventually gave up on it as I got older, but it was still fun.

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on June 25, 2016, 11:16AM
Ah, I remember Super Hero Squad Online. It was such a fun little game. I eventually gave up on it as I got older, but it was still fun.
And when I became older, I still play this game and playing it currently, but is quite rare! In order to remember when I still a small play with my friends in this game!