Marvel Super Hero Squad Online

Started by MarvelFan12345, March 22, 2011, 05:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 22, 2011, 05:43PM Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 07:54AM by MarvelFan12345
The game is set to release sometime this year but for now they have released a beta version for players to test for bugs. The beta version is free but requires a code that they send you if you sign up to get the code. It is a first come first serve basis so if you sign up now I don't think they will send it but it doesn't hurt to try. The game is really fun but has more of a kid feeling. It is kinda like the marvel equivalent to DC Universe Online, but not as much for adults although a lot of adults play it. Basically the main target audience isn't for adults.

The beta version features most of the characters listed on the home page but some characters like Cap, Elektra, Black Panther, etc. are not on there. Other characters like Jean Grey, Daredevil, and War Machine were on the beta version but removed for some reason. I am assuming that these characters (including Cap, Elektra, and Panther) will be (re)added to the beta game later on. The alternate costumes (like Mohawk Storm, Symbiote Spider-Man, Wolverine in street clothes, etc) are not included yet. According to the game's makers they act like entirely new characters as they have new powersets. The game also has four extra characters not on the home page. She-Hulk, Spider-Girl, Spider-Woman and a character who only appears in the show (I think his name is Reptile).

There is a card game but it isn't operational yet. There are 2 zones to explore which are the Daily Bugle and Baxter Plaza. The former is more civilian type and bright and cheery. The latter feels more like the town of superheroes and has lots of neat things to do. You can shoot out like a rocket from one of the tall buildings, turn invisible like Sue Storm from one of Reed's experiments, and eat pizza at Thing's restarauant. The homebase is the Shield Hellicarrier which starts out only as the bridge, but you can buy more rooms like a lab, detention center, training room (like the Danger Room), cafeteria, gym, and 6 dorm rooms.

ahh, this game sounds so fun, I want in im going to try and sign up hopefully it ends in sucess!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

On Monday the game will be updated and they will send more beta testing codes. If you haven't signed up yet you should do it now. Hopefully the update will bring back Jean, DD, Cap, and War Machine (who were all removed from the beta for some reason) and add Elektra, Surfer, Black Panther, and Dr. Strange who were never included.

I hope they send out codes, I really want one :/

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

The game is kinda babyish at times but really fun. I actually prefer the character's powers in this game than in XML and MUA. Characters like Iron Man, Cyclops, Scarlet Witch, and Thor are more fun.

Are Spiderwoman, and Spidergirl fun or boring?

April 03, 2011, 12:27PM #6 Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:29PM by MarvelFan12345
I have not tried them but I have heard that Spider-Woman is really fun. I've seen Spider-Girl and she can climb walls on buildings. The developers said that they were fixing her web-swing so she does have one, just not sure if it is available yet.

Scarlet Witch has really cool powers as she can create quick shields, cause enemies to slip, covert enemies, and turn enemies into hamburgers. She can also summon birds.

Storm is nice but she isn't as powerful as others and her attacks are more slow. She can throw enemies up in the air with wind and create a whirlwind around her that knocks enemies back if they get too close. Her combo attacks are throwing lightning from her hands and throwing it from the sky.

Lol, Wanda sounds super fun, I want to turn someone into food :/

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on April 03, 2011, 12:29PM
Lol, Wanda sounds super fun, I want to turn someone into food :/
ANd you can use the food as health replenisher (all food brings your health up). She also summons birds onto enemies and somehow that converts them. Guess the birds are just too cute for the enemies.

Cyke is way better with his optic attacks which are varied and pretty handy. Iron Man is one of the best with his repulsor rays. His unibeam isn't very good but his missile swarm is awesome. Thor's combo attacks are powerful but his specials aren't as good.

Is Storm good? She seems like someone who would be, Iron Man, sounds pretty fun from what you have said aswell

Storm is nice but she isn't as powerful as others and her attacks are more slow. She can throw enemies up in the air with wind and create a whirlwind around her that knocks enemies back if they get too close. Her combo attacks are throwing lightning from her hands and throwing it from the sky.

Wasp is another fav of mine. She is very fast and dashes quickly with her combos. Her specials are pretty good as well.

Man I really want to play, hopefully they send me a code, or I will just have to wait till it comes out

Are they only going to have a select number of characters to play as? It'd be nice if they have all Marvel super heroes.

Quote from: Scabbia on April 03, 2011, 04:23PM
Are they only going to have a select number of characters to play as? It'd be nice if they have all Marvel super heroes.

They have a lot so far they have: Black Panther, Black Widow, Black costume Spiderman, Captain America, Cyclops, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Elektra, Hulk, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Mohawk Storm, Mr Fantastic, Ms Marvel, Scarlet Spider, Scarlet Witch, Silver Surfer, Spiderman, Storm, Thing, Thor, War Machine, Wasp, Wolverine, and Wolverine in Jeans, plus Spiderwoman and Spidergirl came with the beta, and I think some others.

She-Hulk and Reptile (a custom character from the show) are also included in the beta version.