Marvel Super Hero Squad Online

Started by MarvelFan12345, March 22, 2011, 05:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on April 12, 2011, 01:26PM
Emma's look is interesting. They kept the short hair (one of the few women who I actually kinda like short hair on) and gave the Astonishing costume (New X-Men and the Hellfire Club just isn't appropriate enough for children lol).
I don't mind starting with Jean's original version as Marvel Girl and progressing into Phoenix later but her 90s, Marvel Girl, or Cheerleader costumes would have been way better than the Original X-Men. Kitty would have fit way better in the original costume.

Yup i'ts her current look with some details from her White Queen look. Actually all the females with a "revealing" look (Emma, Storm, Psylocke, Ms. Marvel) uses trousers, lol
I actually like her Original X-men, but I think that Phoenix or 90's is more iconic.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Elektra also has trousers although in game Ms. Marvel doesn't. I'm surpised that Wanda's costume is more revealing.
I like her Original costume too but it doesn't fit in with the other costumes and her Phoenix and 90s are more iconic as you said. Her Marvel Girl or Cheerleader costume would also have given her a more individualistic look that could help her stand out amongst the others. After all she doesn't have to match with Scott and Logan all the time. But I'll quit complaining about her costume choice considering that I don't even have Jean right now and since even in her Original costume Jean looks really cute (but so does everyone else)

Im glad Emma will be in! And I wish Jean would have got another costume :/

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I'm impressed with the X-Women. Emma and Psylocke will be fun but I think Rogue and Kitty will be more fun because their powers will be more unique. There isn't too many powers that can be recycled for them.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on April 12, 2011, 03:14PM
I'm impressed with the X-Women. Emma and Psylocke will be fun but I think Rogue and Kitty will be more fun because their powers will be more unique. There isn't too many powers that can be recycled for them.

Well they can focus on the unique features of them, I mean the fact that the 3 are psychics doesn't mean anything, from the screenshots I saw, Jean seems the classic tk character so Psylocke can combine her ninja skills with some tk powers and Emma can use some telepathic blasts and her diamond form to be a bruiser like character.
I'm curious about how they will include Rogue's and Kitty's powers considering that both, while unique, are kind of problematic on games.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Im so hyped to see Kitty!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: whiteking on April 12, 2011, 03:28PM
Well they can focus on the unique features of them, I mean the fact that the 3 are psychics doesn't mean anything, from the screenshots I saw, Jean seems the classic tk character so Psylocke can combine her ninja skills with some tk powers and Emma can use some telepathic blasts and her diamond form to be a bruiser like character.
I'm curious about how they will include Rogue's and Kitty's powers considering that both, while unique, are kind of problematic on games.
I think Kitty's specials will be more melee with a dash of phasing and a Lockheed power. More than likely her hq "show-off" powers will be more phasing. Rogue is more of an enigma as I have no idea how the game will manage her as her powerset has changed quite a lot. The game seems to be more classic (with the exception of some more recent characters like Spider-Woman, Emma Frost, Deadpool, etc.) as you can tell by the costumes and choice of characters. I think they'll end up using the 90s powerset for Rogue since Ms. Marvel is a mix of energy and strength.

April 13, 2011, 11:46AM #97 Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:50AM by Diamond Girl
OMG OMG OMG EMMA FROST!!!
YES I KNEW SHE WAS GONNA BE PLAYABLE I JUST KNEW IT...because she had her own supehero squad toy figure
I cant wait for her, i hope its after the maintence. If Emma is in it on Friday i will totaly forget about jean and DO EVERYTHING I CAN DO TO GET GOLD EVEN IF EMMA IS 200000000000000000000000 GOLD. I can believe it Emma will be in the game. lol When i saw the picture and looked down and saw Emma i nearly cried of happy-ness. I cant wait.
I cant wait she looks so cooooooool.
I just wish they would go with the classic look, who cares about the little children. The Astonishing looks good to ,but the top should be more up like this.
http://www.emmafrostfiles.com/wp-content/gallery/astonishing-x-men/astonishing_x-men_by_john_cassaday.jpg
See how her top is on up , and her belly is seen. lol
They probably made it like that because of the children.
The Hair a little longer and white lipstick not red.

EDIT: Where did you get the picture? ....... WHERE!!!!! XD

I found it interesting that even on other forums like Cbr, Shades of Grey, Psylocke: Like a Butterfly, etc. people seem to dislike the costume choice for Jean. Apperantly many people are asking the developers why they chose that costume.

I don't mind jeans costume.  It isn't detailed really, but I think most people expected her phoenix or marvel girl look.  To me it doesn't scream jean grey, but it isn't bad.
MY deviantART account: http://blacklynxkuroi.deviantart.com/

I actually like the costume. Its very cute on Jean but doesn't seem right when Jean is in her training costume yet Kitty Pryde is in an individual costume. It would make more sense vice-versa. My deal is that she should just have a more iconic otufit like the rest of the X-Men. Scott and Logan have their 90s costumes, their most iconic. You could say Storm's 90s costume is more iconic but her 70s costume just speaks out to Storm's character more and most of her costumes look similar to her original one. I really don't care too much for Jean's costume as long as we eventually get a more iconic one for her (as well as more costumes for others. Not just Spidey, Wolverine, and Storm)

BTW the game is under work right now so it won't be available for a while. It'll probably be back up by tonight or tommorrow morning.

EDIT: 4elements do you have an account?

Yeah like I said I think people thought she would have a more distinguishing costume.  To me it would have made more sense to give these characters the costumes that they had in the show, since the game has the same character design and name as the show

Unfortunately I don't have an account right now.  I have seen pics and stuff but I don't have an account.  I will probably play/register after my classes end.  It looks neat.  I started playing champions online, but it wasn't that fun, but this game looks a lot more fun.  It also has some of my fav marvel characters in it, so that would be fun to play as them.
MY deviantART account: http://blacklynxkuroi.deviantart.com/

Hope you do make an account later. The game is more fun with people you actually know, or kinda know.

Im hopping we get something out of the game being down for 2 days now, at least it has been for me! And I dont hate this costume on Jean, I just dont like how it looks in this game, if they had not given her a pony tail and had maybe used the face mask version like the green marvel girl, I might have liked it more

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on April 13, 2011, 01:35PM
Hope you do make an account later. The game is more fun with people you actually know, or kinda know.

Agreed!
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927