Spiderman: Edge of Time

Started by Quentin Hex, March 31, 2011, 10:41AM

Previous topic - Next topic
the next spiderman game (edge of time) has been announced. full article here:
http://marvel.com/news/story/15531/spider-man_edge_of_time_hits_this_fall

the story: 616 and 2099 spiderman team up to set the time stream back to normal.
release date: set for this fall

I've just read about it at www.gamestar.hu and I wait it. And I wonder how will they make the "what happens in one of the timestreams it will affect the other one" thing.

Dang it! I wanted a web of shadows 2! Oh well. maybe next time. This better be good!
Spider-man Web of Shadows is the best Spider-man game ever.

I really hope the gameplay is better than Shattered Dimensions. The linear brawler game style doesn't suit Spidey games at all. The sandbox style suits him much better. If they render open world 616 and 2099 universes, I would be ecstatic. 

Yeah. Free-Roam would be so epic to Spider-Man Edge Of Time. I don't care how you choose which dimension. I'm happy as long the game gets open world gameplay.
We all have secret. The ones that we keep. And the ones that are kept.

I agree, I DEFINITELY want free roam, unlockable costumes, DLC, and symbiotes! If not symbiotes, then robots! If not robots, then mutants!

If not mutants, then unicorns! If not unicorns, then some Spidey foes, who haven't been used in every single Spidey game!

I hope we have some real Earth 616 Green Goblin action and a bit of hobgoblin(earth 616) too.I really miss gobs.And I hope it takes place in the big time saga so that we have all those cool suits also.And  I dont want mysterio to be in the game.

April 02, 2011, 10:10AM #8 Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 01:50PM by antivenom66
Yeah. Didn't mysterio like, kill himself? And that would actually be pretty sick if spider-man had to fight unicorns!

I hope we have extra suits with special powers.

IGN has the debut trailer and pictures of Spider-Man Edge Of Time. The Gameplay is a bit like Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions. The story doesn't have any connection to Shattered Dimensions, but the mechanics on the gameplay and graphics are pretty much the same.
We all have secret. The ones that we keep. And the ones that are kept.

I will be disappointed if it doesn't have free roam. I mean, level based games just is not who spider-man is. He doesn't just beat up venom and go to level 6, he swings around NYC and fights like that. Shattered dimensions was great and all, but it would have been way better if the dimensions had free roam in it. The game would have lasted much longer and would have been more fun. I like being able to be different characters in games. So they should totally bring back the ability to be venom in this game, just like in the game Ultimate spider-man. If not in this game, then maybe in the next, but that would be awesome though, because venom also exists in the 2099 universe.

Wow, it looks like a crappy copy of Shattered Dimensions, but with half of it gone... I think I've decided that Beenox needs to go die. I don't like what they've done with the Spider-Man game franchise.

Even most of the attacks are same and the game looks boring.I'd better play Web of Shadows and I consider it to be the best spiderman game till date.