Cel shading option

Started by Astor, April 07, 2011, 01:10AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'd really like to get X men legends II but the horrible cel shading effects put me right off. Is there any mod that changes everyone to look normal? Kind of like in Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Or is anyone willing to make a mod like that?
Cheers

As I know there's no way to hide the cel shading effects on game. And you can't mod it since the cel shading is part of the models, not an effect of the game.
Maybe it's not what you are looking for, but on my game I replaced some of the existing skins with custom skins made with MUA models that don't have the black outline on the game.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

What black outline are you talking about? I don't have the game yet so I wouldn't know.
But you just described what I want; a mod that replaces the cel shaded models with new models without the effect.
The environments aren't cel shaded, right?
Cheers

This is what I'm talking about:

See the black outline?, all the models from XML2 (and XML1) has that outline and can't be hidden.
But some skinners (like me for example) do their skins on MUA models, that dont' have that black outline, for example:

I replaced some of the default skins with new skins that use MUA models, for example, I use Jean's New X-men instead of her Ultimate skin, Custom skins for Emma Frost (that I'll release soon) and Cyclops, etc.... You'll have to search on the forum and try the skins, because I don't know which ones are on MUA models.

No, the environments looks normal:

Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Ah, thanks for explaining that. I think I'll post in the request forum, since I doubt there are any custom models of the cannon fodder.