June 4, 2013 - November 27, 2017
Marvel Heroes assembled one of the largest gatherings of iconic Super Heroes, Super Villains, and locations from the Marvel Universe in gaming history for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Mac.
Set in the iconic Marvel Universe, Marvel Heroes combined the core game-play style of Action RPGs and MMOs with the expansive library of heroes from the Marvel Universe. In the game, players could collect and play as their favorite Marvel Super Heroes (including Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, Spider-Man, Captain America and many others).
Players could team up with friends and try to stop Doctor Doom from devastating the world with the power of the Cosmic Cube in a story that was written by Marvel comic super-scribe Brian Michael Bendis.
The Cosmic Cube is a device of untold power capable of changing the very fabric of reality at the whim of its possessor. The brilliant but malevolent Doctor Doom had the Cube, and with it he aimed to reshape the world in his own image. Determined to succeed where the Cube's previous wielders have failed, Doom had lined up villainous allies to prevent the super heroes from interfering.
It was up to the players to stop Doctor Doom's sinister plan before it was too late! They never knew what other evil threats lurked behind the scenes.
The story of Marvel Heroes was crafted by comic book super scribe Brian Michael Bendis (Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, House of M, Secret Invasion, Avengers vs X-Men and many more).
Players were able to battle as their favorite Marvel Super Heroes such as Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, Spider-Man, Captain America, Deadpool, Emma Frost and many other famous heroes.
All Heroes were fully playable to level 10 with the ability to earn additional heroes for free just by playing the game!
Players could join with their friends and other likeminded adventurers in one of Marvel Heroes’ many Headquarters, including Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Asgard and the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.
__________FINAL ROSTER__________ HISTORY____________________
- Marvel Heroes was officially released on June 4, 2013 for Microsoft Windows and in November, 2014 for macOS.
- It received a big update and was re-branded as Marvel Heroes 2015 on June 4, 2014, and once again re-branded as Marvel Heroes 2016 in January, 2016.
- The game's final re-brand to Marvel Heroes Omega occurred on June 30, 2017, along with the release to consoles. (Xbox One and PlayStation 4)
- All versions of the game were closed down on November 27, 2017 after Disney decided not to renew Gazillion Entertainment's license.
- Marvel Heroes was Gazillion Entertainment's second and last game featuring Marvel characters (after its sister game - Marvel Super Hero Squad Online, which was released on April 29, 2011 and closed down on January 11, 2017).
- Marvel Heroes was also Gazillion Entertainment's final game, as the company itself closed down shortly after.