Marvel Heroes (2013 - 2017)

Started by White Queen, April 08, 2011, 04:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic

here's a mini gameplay video the game looks cool and so does the Xavier Institute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9ppowiVpTM

EDIT: Scarlet Witch looks awesome and so does Magneto :D!! This game looks really fun but I hope you dont start off with Scarlet Witch,Hulk, and Wolvie.

The enemies look lame but the Sentinel looked really cool too

Quote from: Jeanfan321 on September 16, 2012, 07:50PM
here's a mini gameplay video the game looks cool and so does the Xavier Institute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9ppowiVpTM

EDIT: Scarlet Witch looks awesome and so does Magneto :D!! This game looks really fun but I hope you dont start off with Scarlet Witch,Hulk, and Wolvie.

The enemies look lame but the Sentinel looked really cool too
Thank you so much for sharing this video :) I shall add it to the Trailer Section in the First Post

And there are Credits, Health Packs and Energy Packs. Returning from X-Men Legends and X-Men Legends II
I hope it can run on my computer :(

X_X Oh no. Not Rocky. -|-_-|- Oh well
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

I just found out that Kari Wahlgren ( who voiced Emma Frost in X-Men Destiny and Wolverine and the X-Men ) will be voicing Emma Frost in the game :D

http://www.facebook.com/marvelheroes

QuoteGood morning everyone from California! Today's the start of our Closed Beta process. We'll have more information going live on the MarvelHeroes.com website later today, as well as account sign-up.

There are a couple of more steps to go for Closed Beta access. Keys will not be sent out today - we need some more info from everyone who's interested in testing before we can send any. That process starts today.

Hold on tight, we're about to get going!

Has anyone gotten a request for "more info" as stated above?
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on October 01, 2012, 01:13PM
Has anyone gotten a request for "more info" as stated above?
What do you mean?

Do you see in the notice in your previous post where it says that they "need some more info from everyone who's interested in testing before" they send out any keys?

This game is really looking awesome.Cool that it actually has the characters headquarters like the X-Mansion and maybe Stark Tower since Hulk and Ironman would need to begin somewhere.It has a bit of X-Men Legends feeling even being a bit diablo-ish,hope it is good and not disappointing like Battle For Earth,but looking at the gameplay,it isn't bad.
I'm really accumulating absence right now.

October 01, 2012, 06:52PM #191 Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:58PM by DeeDooo
Here's the info on registering an account. All of it is quoted from their Developer Blog here.
QuoteWhat Closed Beta means for you, and for Marvel Heroes
Hello everyone! In this, our first ever Developer Blog, I want to give you an insight into the Closed Beta process for Marvel Heroes, which begins today. I say ‘Developer Blog’ but really this is a Community Blog, seeing as I’m your Community Director. My name’s Stephen Reid, also known online as ‘Rockjaw’. As running Closed Beta is part of my job, I wanted to introduce it to all of you.

We’ve had a great response to our early call for Closed Beta applicants, and now we’re ready to move on to the next stage - inviting some of you to take part in testing Marvel Heroes. This is a huge moment for the development team here at Gazillion, who have been working overtime to bring the game up to a level where we’re ready to get some Marvel Heroes fans – that’s you - to do some testing.

Notice I did say ‘testing’ and not ‘play a demo’ or ‘play the game early’. When we say ‘Closed Beta’ it means that you’re testing unfinished software. Marvel Heroes is still in active development, and everyone who applies for Closed Beta should realize, quite simply, that it’s not done. We hope you’ll enjoy playing, but we also hope you’ll help us make the game even better with great constructive feedback and dedicated testing. Taking part in a Closed Beta can sometimes be more like work than play – but it’s a unique chance to see a game taking shape, and to get an insight into development.

We still know many of you are excited to get into Closed Beta and help us test. We just need a little more information from you to make that happen. Let’s break down the next few steps.

Step 1: You register an account on MarvelHeroes.com
Today we opened up account registration on MarvelHeroes.com. If you haven’t done so already, you can register an account here. Your account details are important; your username is going to be what you use in-game, and your password will let you play – so be careful when you’re registering.

Over the next couple of days we’re going to email everyone who left their email address via our home page and let them know they can register an account. If you get an email and you already registered an account, you can ignore it. Registering an account does not get you immediate access to Closed Beta.

Step 2: We will send out Closed Beta surveys
We’d like to know a little more about our potential Closed Beta testers, so before we admit you to Closed Beta, we’re asking everyone to fill out a survey. To be eligible to fill out a survey, you’ll need to have registered an account (see Step 1!). The survey will ask you a few questions about the type of games you like to play and your experiences in other Betas.

There are no right or wrong answers on the survey - we’re looking for a whole range of experiences. However, if you don’t fill out the survey, at this stage, you won’t be eligible to be selected for Closed Beta. The survey link will be sent out to those people who register an account later this week. Filling out a Closed Beta survey does not get you immediate access to Closed Beta.

Step 3: We will select some applicants to join Closed Beta
When we have our surveys in-hand and have compiled all the data from them, we’ll start to select our first round of invitees to Closed Beta. That first round of invitees will be a very exclusive, small number of people.

Over time we’ll be adding many more people to Closed Beta, so there’s a really good chance that if you want to get in, you’ll be able to at some point. Please be patient as you wait your chance to be picked.

I know you probably have a few questions already about the Closed Beta process, so let me try and answer them for you – before you ask them! I call these Frequently Not Asked Yet Questions… or FNAYQ! It rolls off the tongue.

Q: Why can’t you let everyone who applies into Closed Beta?
There are a number of reasons but the biggest one is this: Marvel Heroes isn’t finished yet. Like any piece of unfinished software, it has bugs and issues that we’re working on. While we think it is good enough for some people to play, we don’t want to give a large number of people the wrong impression of the game. At the same time, and almost as important, limiting the number of people who play makes it easier for us to gather feedback for the development team.

Q: I’ve registered an account and filled out a survey. How will I know when I get invited to Closed Beta?
Simple: you’ll get an email to the email address you registered when you signed up for an account. The Closed Beta invite email will come from an email address at the domain 'marvelheroes.com’ so please add that domain to your ‘safe senders’ list – that way there’s no chance of you missing it.

In that email will be a link which will let you apply a Beta Key to your account, and you’ll then be accepted to take part in Closed Beta.

Q: Is there any other way to get into Closed Beta apart from being randomly selected?
There will be other opportunities to get selected for Closed Beta in the next few months. For example, we’ll be giving out Closed Beta Keys in very limited numbers at New York Comic-Con, as a special thank-you to some fans who attend the show. We know not everyone can make it to conventions though, so we’ll also be partnering with websites worldwide for special Beta Key promotions. We’d also advise you to make sure you follow us on Twitter and Facebook… you never know what might turn up there.

You probably have more questions and we’d like to hear from you. Please join us on Facebook and Twitter where we interact with fans like on a regular basis and ask your questions there – we’ll do our best to answer.

As Closed Beta moves forward we’ll also be checking in with you on a regular basis via blogs like this one, so I look forward to talking to you again soon!

Thanks guys for the updates on the beta trial.

Updated the First Post:
- Changed the Sign Up button to Create Your Acount Button.
- Clicking it now takes you to the 'Create an Acount' Page instead of the homepage.

I have signed up :P if anyone needs a shortcut here ya go :)