Marvel Heroes (2013 - 2017)

Started by White Queen, April 08, 2011, 04:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: mj fan on August 22, 2014, 01:28PM
I feel excited about Rogue <3
Though I feel really bad about the jean grey update, I love how the "Tech" excuse has shifted to make the community seem like they're asking for too much. "TOO  difficult, can't do what I want..." they have done much more for other characters, I just have the feeling they just hate jean, even cyclops has a better review --" Jean grey Phoenix costume is aweful, I really expected updated legs, different hair, smaller emblem, black neckline... Many users asked for it, I only play with jean, I am so desperate because almost all the others models look fine, updated, did you see she-hulk one? I don't see why they could not do that, while on the contrary they actually updated a team up character uU
I am REALLY upset, I don't think I ask much... I just want my favorite character to be fun that's all --"
Well, the way Gazillion has employed the Unreal Engine technology makes it a bit more restrictive, so even though Gaz may want to add all the cool stuff Jean fans have requested, they simply can't because of the restrictions imposed by the engine.
And I do believe they are unable to update the Phoenix costume due to licensing issues, or MARVEL not allowing it.
Same thing with Emma's costumes being visible in Diamond Form, Gaz recently announced that the update to her Diamond Form has been put on hold, due to them being unable to acquire rights to do that, or something.

But hey, Jean will be able to throw rocks. :P

Tweaking textures only has nothing to do with licenses, but the lack of staff to do so. They could've done it already but they didn't. But what they did do is put two different classic Mr. Fantastics in-game with 2 different faces (crafter and the playable one).

Don't expect any costume changes soon. They rather release new stuff to sell than to fix tiny costume issues. Well, "tiny". Even big ones, like Captain America's/Gambit's/Doomwar Black Panther's oversized body parts. And the latter has been released; the rigging is so bad that it looks out of proportion in so many angles.

New Jean Grey 52 preview pic!

Costume visible in Phoenix Form! (applies to all costumes)
*Note: visuals still work-in-progress*

August 25, 2014, 05:28PM #708 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:54PM by White Queen
I apologize in advance. I wrote this really quick, wanted to share all the info from the Stream (for those who missed it) and didn't have time to go over the grammar or whatever.
Plus its 3 AM over here so yeah. xD

Rogue's 3 Power Trees are:
- Marvelous Physique
- Steal from Friends
- Steal from Foes

Her Marvelous Physique tree focuses on her 90s Ms. Marvel stolen powers.

Her Steal from Friends tree has 7 powers.

- Her signature which she combines the powers of Storm, Bishop, Gambit and Magneto in a massive AoE DoT.

* Her other 6 powers are Friend Power Steal slots.
Each slot can be filled with a power from any playable hero, you can't choose which power you steal from that hero.
(As you may know, powers in Marvel Heroes 2015 are categorized in 7 categories)
Example: Area, Passive, Movement, Ranged etc.

She can only have 3 powers from a Power Category, so she can't have all her stolen powers be passives or AoEs.
Heroes who don't have an appearant power (Such as Iron Man, Punisher etc.), Rogue will steal a passive instead like Intelligence from Iron Man, (basically she steals that hero's memories and experience as an explanation)

The stolen powers are permanent, and do not disappear. (even when using a respec potion)
To remove/forget a stolen power, just right click on it on the power tree window.

Note: Rogue cannot steal from another Rogue. lol
Note 2: Ms. Marvel stolen power is her Photonics. (The power Rogue never got when she initially stole Carol's powers)

Her Steal from Foes tree has 8 powers.
- Life Steal - Deals Damage over Time to foe, Heal over Time on Rogue.
- Remove Gloves - Rogue removes her gloves (actually removes them), gaining Lifesteal on Melee attacks.

- And her other 6 powers are Enemy Power Steal slots.

Works the same like stealing from Heroes, except you steal from Bosses (and bosses only)
Again if the Boss has no appearant super power, she steals a passive. (Such as stealing a Damage Increase Passive from Venom)

As new Heroes and Bosses are added to the game, Rogue gains more Steal-able powers.
Currently Rogue has over 100 powers in total.

Her Ultimate is called Final Form.
- Rogue channels the powers of Angel, Colossus, Psylocke, Wolverine and Nightcrawler, gaining a whole new power tray filled with the Signature powers of said heroes, her basic changes to Wolverine's Bone Claw slash and her right click changes into Nightcrawler Teleport.
Example: Psylocke's Psychic Butterflies and Wolverine's Enrage signatures
Note: Currently since Angel is not in the game, she just gains his wings as a visual.

Misc: Mouse-over a target Boss or Hero and you will be able to see which power you steal from them.
Misc 2: Rogue visually takes off her gloves when using Drain Life power or when stealing a power.
Misc 3: At the moment, I believe the Mega Sentinel is the only Boss that cannot be stolen from.

-- Jean Grey tidbits

* All powers will be usable in both Jean and Phoenix form. (Mental damage in Jean form and Energy in Phoenix form is retained)
* Some/All powers will have two variations (some more different in one form than others)
Example: Phoenix Inferno (in Phoenix Form is a Lifesteal DoT, in Jean Form its a Projectile Deflection field)
Example 2: Psychokinetic Implosion will have an increased magnitude while in Phoenix Form

Phoenix Force secondary resource: This will not longer be used by any of her powers except...

- Dark Phoenix Form
* You need full Phoenix Force resource to use the Dark Phoenix Form.
* If activated while in Phoenix Form, you transform into Dark Phoenix and gain new Dark Phoenix powers for a time. (I Believe until Phoenix Force resource depletes)
* If activated in Jean Form, you release a massive burst AoE that deals allot of damage.

Misc: Her signature is in the Telekinesis tree, and looks like this:

Misc 2: Costumes will be visible in Phoenix Form, while the current Phoenix Form we have will become the Dark Phoenix form. (probably with some alterations)

Misc 3: Full Pink visuals in Jean form, and Fiery visuals in Phoenix Form.

Misc 4: Jean Grey (without Phoenix Form) focuses more on crowd control, while Phoenix has more damaging capabilities and healing. But overhaul they have the same damage output, so they are both balanced in terms of that, giving Jean players the option to focus on just one form and not suffer from any disadvantages.

New Jean Grey power just announced!

- Telekinetic Throw

* Jean telekinetically lifts and hurls a large object, decimating enemies struck. (Chargable power)

In Jean Form, she rips a boulder/rock from the ground and throws it forward, dealing mental damage and piercing enemies.

In Phoenix Form, she rips a boulder charges it with Phoenix energy (turning it into a phoenix raptor) and then throws it forward, exploding and dealing energy area damage once it hits an enemy.

Also next Stream will focus on Jean Grey, and we will finally get to see her new kit in action  for the first time.
Stream will probably be either on Friday or Monday.

Wow!  That's a lot of great information!!!  Thanks, White Queen.  Rogue is so unique and should be very fun to play.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Yeah, Rogue is amazing. I'm blown away, I never even thought that she would be able to steal powers in that way.

Also slight error on Jean's psychokinetic implosion on my part.

While in Jean form, the power remains the same as it is at the moment.
In Phoenix Form, the powers becomes an Area, with Jean as the epicenter and increased range. Meaning she sucks enemies towards her and not where her cursor is at.

Do you know how many eternity splinters Rogue will be?

August 25, 2014, 06:02PM #712 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:07PM by White Queen
Quote from: fox456 on August 25, 2014, 06:00PM
Do you know how many eternity splinters Rogue will be?
600 Eternity Splinters. (confirmed)

Also Jean will have a dash in both forms.

And...

QuoteBoth forms will get equivalent affixes through their kits, ie. it was mentioned that just because Inferno gives Phoenix Life on Hit, it it doesnt mean Jean wouldn't get a similar form of Damage Mitigation in another power.

Basically, the dev's are trying to achieve maximum balance between both forms, to allow Jean players to focus solely on one form and not experience any disadvantages from not using the other form.

Wow soo much information is pouring, I can't control it! xD

I've never bought a 600-splinter character yet...  but this one sure is very tempting!

I think she is def worth saving splinters.

Also on the top of my head I'll try to list the stolen powers from the Stream.

Ricocheting Optic Blast - Cyclops
Harden/Metal Skin toggle - Colossus
Chaotic Hex (I believe it was called) - Scarlet Witch
Claw Slash (actual bone claws are added to her arms) - Wolverine
Damnation (channeled fire stream) - Ghost Rider
A power that she dashes and creates a kinetic explosion, I don't know the name of it - Gambit

and during the stream she stole powers from 3 bosses (Venom, Dr. Octopus and ... ahm... the stone looking guy who's name is eluding me right now lol)
All 3 enemy stolen powers were passives btw.

Rewatch the Stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/marvelheroes/b/561927113

Quote from: White Queen on August 25, 2014, 06:17PM
the stone looking guy who's name is eluding me right now lol)

Tombstone :)
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

I prepurchased Rogue based on her "90s" costume (some hate it but I really like it). They've also made her really interesting power-wise. I'm also looking forward to Jean's review - now I can not feel useless when I forego Phoenix!
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Polygone on August 26, 2014, 09:34AM
Tombstone :)
Yup that's the one. Tnx ;)

Quote from: Dihan on August 26, 2014, 10:02AM
I prepurchased Rogue based on her "90s" costume (some hate it but I really like it). They've also made her really interesting power-wise. I'm also looking forward to Jean's review - now I can not feel useless when I forego Phoenix!
Me too, early on when I was playing as Jean, I thought I could pull it off playing as a hybrid Jean/Phoenix.
I played with just Jean and switched to Phoenix when it was time for bosses or something slightly more difficult. But as I advanced through levels I found myself using Phoenix Form more and more until that became permanent.
So I'm really hoping this new Jean will allow me to apply a hybrid based build and not suffer from any major disadvantages caused by not focusing solely on one form. (or caused by not focusing enough on Phoenix Form)

August 28, 2014, 01:42AM #718 Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 07:42AM by White Queen
New Jean Grey 52 Review images!

Also, tommorow (Friday) there will be a livestream that will showcase Jean and Ghost Rider.

Edit: Gazillion Dev MichaelMayhem just announced that Rogue will be able to absorb powers from Team-Ups. So that expands her total power count by a lot more.

Edit 2: Dev confirms Rogue has a total of 120 powers so far. (more will be added in the future with new releases of Playables and Bosses)

August 29, 2014, 06:50PM #719 Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:27AM by White Queen
~~Jean Grey 52 Review Power Thumbnails~~

Took me an hour and 50 minutes to collect all the Thumbnails and their Power Icons (Both Jean and Phoenix version icons).
So enjoy all the information. xD

Edit: Oops forgot the Ultimate (Added at very end)

- Altered Names

* Phoenix Transformation > Unleash Phoenix
* Phoenix Corona > Psychic Corona

- Removed Powers

* Mental Focus (Since Unleash Phoenix's passive effect applies to both forms, that basically renders half of Mental Focus passive useless, so removed)
* Phoenix Rebirth (Merged into Psychic Corona)
* Psychic Confusion (Added as Jean form mechanic to Neural Panic)
* Phoenix Avatar (removed)
* Kinetic Shield (Merged as Jean form mechanic to Phoenix Inferno and Psychic Corona)

Only 4 powers are left completely untouched. (TK Flight and the 3 Auras)
Except that the auras were split into the 3 trees, before all three used to be in the Telepathy tree.

Telekinesis Tree

Telepathy Tree

Phoenix Tree

Dark Phoenix Powers

Ultimate