Psylocke Version 1.1 (UPDATED!)

Started by DJay Saint, June 15, 2007, 03:46PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 15, 2007, 03:46PM Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 04:14PM by Burning Rage
After an extensive amount of work, she is finally finished.  Well, enough to release.  I hope you enjoy the mod, as it took me a long time to make it.  I will also release any additional mods for MUA in this thread, as well as update the mods I have worked on when I fix bugs, add new content, etc.

Here is the download link:
Psylocke (Momoshare)
Psylocke v1.1 (Sendspace)
Patch 1.1

Instructions to install are with the readme file.  If you can't figure it out, look at the guide on the main site.  It should be self explanatory.

Extra release notes:
- Menu location is set to 10 by default, replacing Black Panther.
- "classic" skin is replaced by the XML1 Xtreme skin for now.  I will make a new mesh for it later.
- "Retro" skin is replaced by the XML1 space suit skin for now.  I will make a new mesh for it later.
- "Revolution" skin made by me, Burning Rage.  It has working specular maps and bump maps.
- "Age of Apocalypse" skin made by someone, but I don't know who it was.  Kudos to them for the skin.
- Psychic Katanas made by thetommyboy2002.  Kudos to him for those boltons.
- Loading screens are not done yet.  I am trying to find good art to make them not suck.  Finding high resolution art will take time.
- Character does not have sounds yet.  Those will be done when we can port the XML1 sounds, which we haven't done yet.

***Users do NOT have permission to post any of my mods outside of Marvel Mods.  All of my mods are a Marvel Mods exclusive only.***
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Thanks Burning Rage! I'll try her out now and let you know!

:rockon:

:psylocke:

Just to be clear:
When you say she replaces MK, that means just in the herostat, right? I should be able to replace Ronin (from PSP mod) by just changing "menulocation = 25" to "menulocation = 97", and MK would still be playable, right?

She just uses his slot number.  You are compiling the herostat, so you can replace whoever you want to.  But yes, all you have to do is change the menulocation number to whatever slot number you want her to appear in.

June 15, 2007, 04:11PM #4 Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 04:14PM by iammingy
Quote from: Burning Rage on June 15, 2007, 03:46PM
- Loading screens are not done yet.  I am trying to find good art to make them not suck.  Finding high resolution art will take time.

I got some that you may want to modify:

(you probably have them, but I will add more here if I find any. :) )

1094 x 1200

1024 x 768

900 x 720

476 x 1069

972 x 1341

I appreciate the art, but I have plenty already.  I'm really picky when it comes to art, which is why it takes me a while to do stuff like that.  I will get the loading screens done in due time.  (BTW, I already have all those images.  Thanks though.)

:laola:

Way to go Rage!  This mod rocks! 

'Revolution' skin is beautiful!
Replaced Elektra and used her voice, fits well.   :laugh:
Offensive powerhouse, light defense, great moves!  I've been waiting on this mod, I admit.  Ms. Braddock is a welcome addition to my herostat!

:peepwall:

AoA has BDOD   :drool1:

Correction: I made the training room outfit, and tweaked her XML1 default skin into the high-res MUA version. I'm not sure who made the AOA skin, but I don't think it was me. Just want to make sure I don't take credit where it's not due.

June 15, 2007, 05:04PM #9 Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 05:23PM by Burning Rage
Quote from: aerophex on June 15, 2007, 04:20PM
Way to go Rage!  This mod rocks! 

'Revolution' skin is beautiful!
Replaced Elektra and used her voice, fits well.   :laugh:
Offensive powerhouse, light defense, great moves!  I've been waiting on this mod, I admit.  Ms. Braddock is a welcome addition to my herostat!

:peepwall:

AoA has BDOD   :drool1:

Thanks.  I invested a lot of time into this mod, and even more time into the Revolution skin.  I never actually looked at the AoA skin.  It's just a placeholder for now, as the other 3 are.  Once I finish with these meshes I'm working on, she will have all new pimped out outfits, including a nice looking classic skin.

Quote from: darkmythology on June 15, 2007, 04:54PM
Correction: I made the training room outfit, and tweaked her XML1 default skin into the high-res MUA version. I'm not sure who made the AOA skin, but I don't think it was me. Just want to make sure I don't take credit where it's not due.

Sorry about that.  I thought you did the AoA skin.  I didn't use the training or the tweaked XML1 skin though.  I just used the PS2 XML1 skin, and her space suit as the 4th until I finish with my meshes.

Credit to whoever made the AoA skin.

EDIT:  Psylocke's menu location was 10, not 25.  I forgot I moved Psylocke to 10 replacing Black Panther.  My Rogue mod I'm working on is 25.

Very nice work on this.  One question though, I've seen several psylocke skins, why is no one making one with the classic outfit, like she is wearing in the pics iammingy uploaded?

Did you NOT read my release notes?  I said I am making a new mesh for her Classic skin.  That will take time to do.  There is a skin in there for now as a PLACEHOLDER.  It is not permanent.  The name of the skin in game IS Classic, so I do intend to get one out.  I just haven't gotten around to finishing it yet.

Actually I did, I just missed that part.  Sorry man, but go easy on the newbies, geez.

I have a question - in your readme file you say it's possible to add psylocke instead of replacing another character, but according to the instructions on the site, you can only replace.  Can I, in fact, add a character without replacing another?  If so, which menu location do I use?  I'm sorry if the answer to this question is posted somewhere; I couldn't find it.

June 16, 2007, 06:03PM #14 Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 06:05PM by iammingy
If you already have reached the maximum number of playable characters, then all you can do is to replace one character with Psylocke. If you have not reached the max. number of playable characters, then you can add Psylocke to the "empty slot".

EDIT: We would not know which slots you used unless you tell us. Which mods have you installed in the past?