Psylocke Version 1.1 (UPDATED!)

Started by DJay Saint, June 15, 2007, 03:46PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sorry if that bothered you. I was just trying to keep all things Psylocke in the same thread, and looking for a way to solve the lack of mannequins (the way I'm adding mods, the selection screen looks sadly empty). Anyway, if I come up with some update, it'll have to go somewhere else.

By the way, have you found a way to make the asymetric Crimson Dawn tatoo yet?

June 26, 2007, 04:11PM #31 Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 04:21PM by Burning Rage
Alright.  I have updated Psylocke.  The main thing I did was fix her Telekinetic Combat boost so now she will wield bigger psychic blades as you level up her boost, eventually dual wielding psychic blades, then dual wielding psychic katanas.  For those who suggested it, I have also removed her Psychic Katanas from her basic melee moves, making them part of her boost and her normal power moves.  I think it was the better way to go.

For those of you not able to use Momoshare for some reason and who have not been able to download the mod, I have uploaded the entire mod on Sendspace, including the updated powerstyle and talent files.  For those of you who have already downloaded the mod on Momoshare and just want the updated files, I have uploaded just the new powerstyle and talent file required to play the updated version on Momoshare.  I have also updated the links on the first page.

The update download links:
Psylocke v1.1 (Sendspace, entire mod with patch)
Patch 1.1 (Momoshare, just the patch)

How to install the "patch":
Just copy the ps_psylocke.engb file over to your MUA/data/powerstyles folder.  Then copy the psylocke.engb file over to your MUA/data/talents folder.  That's it!  Hope you enjoy the update.  Now I'm currently working on her meshes, so she will have awesome new outfits in the coming weeks.  Stay tuned for more mods/updates, as I will release all of my further mods for MUA in this thread.

EDIT:  Note, you do NOT have to start a new game for the changes to take effect, nor will "hot swapping" talent and powerstyle files harm your saved game at all.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Hey burning rage, her extreme still seems to have the same problem, I wasn't sure if you knew or just didn't get around to fixing it yet.  Also, this is really nitpicking and I don't care really but just so you know, when psylocke has the full katana blades it looks like she is stabbing herself.

Just like to say this is a great mod. I love the revolution skin. One of the best skins I have seen. Thanks for this.

great mod but i am having the xtreme move problem to, by the way i am a marvel member and can probably help you get a loading screen. also, i am having a problem with the special grab. she spins around him just like elektra, but , there is no damage. is this me or the mod?

question, when you face dark psylocke in the game she dodges using a cartwheel, would it be possible to get this cartwheel for the mod?

Most of the questions newcomers answer can be frequently found in the Knowledge Base. It has all you need to know how to install things and how to use the modding tools, and how to learn how to mod yourself. If there's a difficulty with the game, try the Technical Problems board. If you don't want to replace a character, then just copy it in and do not edit the other things. The step-by-step walkthrough is very easy to follow.

Thanks for the spam, Curse!

Anyway, you SHOULD have Colossus/Moon Knight installed AND the menu files included with HeroSelect if you expect to maximize your roster........

Thanks guys, but Blizz my top priority is not to expand he roster, i didnt even try that.I am going with simple first.I want Psylocke to appear... but as I said I use the program to change the igb file, then i click edit as it says, and says that it cannot find the file.so I do it manually, and the text I come up with is the one I posted above.I cannot find what I am doing wrong!

I ve checked all the tutorials and from what I get I shouldnt be getting this problem.Is it ok if I pm Blizz?so we wouldnt spam Burning rage's thread?

Quote from: BliZZ on August 30, 2007, 05:10AM

Hey, I'm just trying to be helpful. If you got a problem with that, that's your issue. I'm doing my best, okay? Sheesh, everyone's a critic.

August 30, 2007, 07:38AM #40 Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 08:52AM by Philip
Hey guys relax!

Problem solved BTW...though I did the stupid thing to replace Nick Fury and now all my talks with him(when he is an NPC) are without a face in the dialog box :P

I also got the problem with the X-treme, like everybody mentioned, and  Psylocke dont appear in the selection screen before I select her.I assume that is the lack of a mannequin right?

Quote from: Midnight Curse on August 30, 2007, 05:37AM
Quote from: BliZZ on August 30, 2007, 05:10AM

Hey, I'm just trying to be helpful. If you got a problem with that, that's your issue. I'm doing my best, okay? Sheesh, everyone's a critic.

Maybe, but NOW you're spamming my thread, and I don't like that.  Please stop with the comebacks, as it only adds to the spam.  If you have a problem, then PM someone.

Sorry for lack of responses or updates, etc.  Class has been hellishly busy, and I haven't had time to do anything mod-wise.

As far as the xtreme is concerned, it worked fine last time I tested it.  I could've forgotten to upload something, or I may have accidentally uploaded an older version of the powerstyle with the package.  Psylocke will not show up in the character select menu because of a lack of a mannequin.  Once I am finished with this quarter (only a few more weeks left), I will sit down and model a few meshes for Psylocke (really, I'm serious this time), and then she will have a mannequin.  Until then, I don't know what else to tell you.  I got a few done for Rogue, but need to animate them.  I also started a couple for Emma Frost, but never finished them.  There just isn't enough time in the day to get it all done.

Quotegreat mod but i am having the xtreme move problem to, by the way i am a marvel member and can probably help you get a loading screen. also, i am having a problem with the special grab. she spins around him just like elektra, but , there is no damage. is this me or the mod?

I'll have to look into the grab smash.  I've come across a problem where the enemy doesn't get thrown right, but the damage is still dealt.  Probably just an animation glitch.  Xtreme I'll look into as well.  Mine works, so I probably just uploaded an older version of the powerstyle.  I got plenty of materials for loading screens, and have them done.  New images are always welcome though and would be appreciated.

Quotequestion, when you face dark psylocke in the game she dodges using a cartwheel, would it be possible to get this cartwheel for the mod?

Unless her MUA skeleton has all of her power moves that the XML1 one does, then no.  There is a lack of animations to do the cartwheel.  Once I figure out how to do custom skeletons, I'll see how it works though.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I really like this mod. I do have a problem with the Xtreme working intermittently. Now I only checked a couple of times but it always seemed to work when playing against non boss characters but doesn't seem to work against boss characters. Grant you it might have only been random but that is how it seems to work for me. I only played against two early bosses and it did not work. Not sure if this helps.

Yuppi! We are gonna have an even cooler Psylocke! BTW I use Psylocke and she does damage with her grab smash...

Hey burning rage, since you are not having the extreme problem, could you re-upload the powerstyle file with the one you're using?  If all you did was get them switched it could be an easy fix.  Once the link is updated let me know and I'll test it.