Cyclops [ Icons added, *BUG FIX* Last Update: January 05, 2007 ]

Started by Charlie_Murphy, December 23, 2006, 06:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Mine was doing the same; I used the excellent and easy to use XMLB Complier UI to edit the herostat, removing all of the StatEffect/Selfchill entries. No more chilly Cyclops!

QuoteIm spanish, probably my version of the game has some archives changed
Yes, your game uses ESPB files instead of ENGB ones, I would believe. Just change the file extension on the mod's changed files accordingly. Leave XMLBs as XMLBs, these are location-independent.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Joshco on January 09, 2007, 09:37PM
Mine was doing the same; I used the excellent and easy to use XMLB Complier UI to edit the herostat, removing all of the StatEffect/Selfchill entries. No more chilly Cyclops!

I should point out that my graphics card is a Radeon 9600 - which theoretically shouldn't work at all. Thats probably why I didn't get that effect.

Thanks Kekovick for the screenshot.

Joshco, I noticed those entries in the herostat also. I will  remove them and upload a new .rar archive with all the latest updates later in the day. Thanks again guys.

QuoteThanks Kekovick for the screenshot.

Np mate, 5 secs for the screenshot, a lot of hours of fun with your cyclops, you win :P

I finally got his icons to show up in game! (there were some consistency problems between pkgbs/talent/ps)

I think I'll go ahead and release an updated pack (numbered properly as 204) with sounds, wallpaper, etc

The only glitch that still remains is that if he sets off his xtreme, the chain doesn't start. He just executes his power. Apparently I'm not smart enough to fix it (plus, I haven't devoted TOO much time to it :P)

As promised, I have an updated pack (properly numbered as 204) Most of this is Charlie_Murphy's work, Noel made the hud icons, tommy made the mannequin. Only his powers make sounds, he won't talk when chosen, idle, or executing his xtreme. The same xtreme problem that I referenced in the previous post still exists (despite a valiant effort by me to remove it :P)

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=61baa6387211a4c6ba65cca45ad787ab

I have NOT included a herostat, as people may want to put him over anyone. Here is how he should be defined:
Quotestats {
   ailevel = 1 ;
   autospend = support ;
   body = 7 ;
   characteranims = 204_cyclops ;
   charactername = Cyclops ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = XX ; <- set this as you please
   mind = 8 ;
   name = Cyclops ;
   playable = true ;
   powerstyle = ps_cyclops ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 20401 ;
   skin_01_name = Ultimate ;
   skin_02 = 02 ;
   skin_02_name = Classic ;
   skin_03 = 03 ;
   skin_03_name = Astonishing ;
   skin_04 = 04 ;
   skin_04_name = Original ;
   skin_05 = 05 ;
   skin_05_name = Age of Apocalypse ;
   sounddir = cyclop_m ;
   strength = 6 ;
   team = hero ;
   textureicon = 5 ;
      talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = grab ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = block ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = cyclops_beam ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = melee_moves ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_default ;
      }

}

And integrates well into the NPC>27 MOD.
I just copy/pasted the above into NPCstat and away he went.
Good work.

I used Cyke last night for a bit and loved him.  Is there any chance we might have a different mannequin.  I subbed him in for Silver Surfer and can barely see him behind Ghost Rider.  If I pick Ghost Rider, Cyke is facing left and looks like a little kid next to Doc Strange.  Maybe it's because he's in the background and looks a little shorter?  Nice work all around, though, guys!  Looking forward to a Gambit and Juggernaut (now that he's on the side of angels).

I'm having trouble downloading this file. When I click, "download" on the file hosting page, it opens a new browser window (the "upload" page) and nothing happens. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

Cates, scroll down and you should look for an area below some text ads--
Please enable Java Script on your browser
You are downloading cyclops.rar (1.54 MB).
Please wait for 10 seconds.

There should be a timer counting down... then the Download button appears. If this isn't happening, reload the page or use a different browser.

Thanks for the response. However, I'm seeing the "Download" button. The problem is, nothing downloads when I click it. It changes the momoshare page to one with an "Upload" button, which makes no mention of the cyclops file.

Guess I'll try a different browser.

Which browser are you using? I'm on Firefox 1.5.0.10 (with the optional IE Core back-up, which allows to use IE6 functions from within FF if a site behaves in an anti-Fox manner) and it works fine for me on either browser engine.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

OK, we're good. I opened it through AOL and it worked fine. Thanks!

Now I just need to scour the forums to teach myself how to edit the herostat and replace,oh, Cage or Ms. Marvel . . .