TOXIN mod v1.32 (skin-fixes + XBOX/PS2-compatible ed. + new mannequin)

Started by iammingy, June 15, 2007, 11:31PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If all the rest of the game's effects work properly, then there is nothing wrong with your video options or your video card.  By looking at that effect, it looks like it may lack the alpha information to hide the rest of the texture.  This will be a problem with an effects file (or lack there of).  If you look at Ghostrider's head, you notice the fire on his head, right?  If you look even closer, you will see something like a transparent box rotating around his head.  You can see this with just about any fire in the game.  The model or plane that the texture is on is still there in game.  The alpha channel hides the rest of the texture, producing that transparent effect, so all you see is the fire (and the transparent box if you zoom in enough).  It just looks like the alpha information for that effect file may be missing, which is why it looks like you see a giant square.  That's my best guess.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

June 20, 2007, 06:10PM #16 Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 06:19PM by iammingy
Quote from: C.A.B.A.L. on June 20, 2007, 03:52AM

it happens everytime....
if this is not a mod issue, what should I change in my video config to avoid this?
Thanks anyway :)

That looks really funny!!! :laugh: hahahaha
What other mods have you installed?
Does anyone else have this problem?

Quote from: Burning Rage on June 20, 2007, 05:40PM
If all the rest of the game's effects work properly, then there is nothing wrong with your video options or your video card.  By looking at that effect, it looks like it may lack the alpha information to hide the rest of the texture.  This will be a problem with an effects file (or lack there of).  If you look at Ghostrider's head, you notice the fire on his head, right?  If you look even closer, you will see something like a transparent box rotating around his head.  You can see this with just about any fire in the game.  The model or plane that the texture is on is still there in game.  The alpha channel hides the rest of the texture, producing that transparent effect, so all you see is the fire (and the transparent box if you zoom in enough).  It just looks like the alpha information for that effect file may be missing, which is why it looks like you see a giant square.  That's my best guess.

Thanks for the tips... :thumbsup:
I will see what I can do... :)

everything else works fine, that is the only glitch I've ever encountered during the game (I'm almost at the end).
I did install the Quadmod pack, the one with Quicksilver, Venom & co., only to see Venom of course XD So I have the venom mod installed too... but I tried to remove it 'cause I'm waiting for the final release (waiting for the bulk one with the tongue :P). The problem is: The Thing now appears as Venom even if he has its original powers, but I don't think that this has to do something with my issue.

Quote from: C.A.B.A.L. on June 21, 2007, 08:58AM
I did install the Quadmod pack, the one with Quicksilver, Venom & co., only to see Venom of course XD So I have the venom mod installed too... but I tried to remove it 'cause I'm waiting for the final release (waiting for the bulk one with the tongue :P). The problem is: The Thing now appears as Venom even if he has its original powers, but I don't think that this has to do something with my issue.

It's not your issue because the skins for Venom in the Quad-mod were numbered 05XX, which is the slot for Thing's skins.

Regarding the Blade Ballet issue, you can use this effect file as a substitute for now:

http://www.box.net/shared/vzu2lnbm33

Put this file in:

Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\effects\char\toxin\

and overwrite the one in the folder. It's the un-editted copy of the effect for Blade Ballet, which doesn't have red smoke and stuff. Therefore, the red square should NOT appear.

Hello, I'm encountering a problem when I try and add Toxin to my game.  I've placed everything in the right file folder (I believe), and done everything else, but Toxin does not appear.  Instead, whichever character I designate as "XX" and give Toxin their number, there's just a blank space in the character selection with the name "DEFAULTMAN"...

I've tried to install Toxin three times, and I get the same thing...any tips?

You have to delete the whole character's herostat entry, not just change its menulocation number to XX.

June 28, 2007, 12:57PM #22 Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 01:09PM by iammingy
Quote from: SouthofHeaven11 on June 28, 2007, 10:55AM
Hello, I'm encountering a problem when I try and add Toxin to my game.  I've placed everything in the right file folder (I believe), and done everything else, but Toxin does not appear.  Instead, whichever character I designate as "XX" and give Toxin their number, there's just a blank space in the character selection with the name "DEFAULTMAN"...

I've tried to install Toxin three times, and I get the same thing...any tips?

It worked on mine, but what Gevth said should do the trick! :)

Quote from: C.A.B.A.L. on June 20, 2007, 03:52AM

it happens everytime....
if this is not a mod issue, what should I change in my video config to avoid this?
Thanks anyway :)

Seeing this pic over and over again... I think the red square is due to advanced lighting....

Quote from: Gevth on June 28, 2007, 11:10AM
You have to delete the whole character's herostat entry, not just change its menulocation number to XX.

ONLY if you have 27 heroes in your herostat.  If you have less, you can just change their menulocation to something random like "AA".
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I got it to work, thanks guys!

Wow, really good mod too!  Toxin is awesome!

The only problem I've encountered in game so far is, like others have noted, that red box thing.  It only pops up for however long "Blade Ballet" is used, and then it dissapears (I took the substitute file you posted and overwrote the original toxin file with that one and the red box still appeared).

Nope, it's been off the whole time...

June 28, 2007, 05:25PM #29 Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 06:04PM by iammingy
Thanks.

@_@"||

I still don't know what happened... This is really tough for me because I don't have that problem and I uploaded everything I've got. :bawling:

EDIT: so, now... It's not effects, could it be boltons?

Can anyone who has the red box try renaming the following 2 files in Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\models\bolton from:

clay_warrior_left_scimitar.igb to toxin_L_blade.igb
clay_warrior_right_scimitar.igb to toxin_R_blade.igb

and overwrite the original toxin_L_blade.igb and toxin_R_blade.igb?

Thanks in advance!!! :bowdown:

EDIT2: Still doesn't fix it... :(