TOXIN mod v1.32 (skin-fixes + XBOX/PS2-compatible ed. + new mannequin)

Started by iammingy, June 15, 2007, 11:31PM

Previous topic - Next topic
By downloading this mod, you agree that:
1. You will NOT share this mod outside of Marvelmods.com.
2. You will NOT sell this mod for money or any other form of privileges.

>>DOWNLOAD HERE<<
* If you don't have Official Characters - ALPHA V2(or newer versions) installed, then you MUST download this package as well: fightstyle_wolverine.rar* (This applies to both PC and XBOX/PS2 versions!)

Feedbacks and comments are appreciated! Useless spam is NOT appreciated and is NOT tolerated. :)

Notes for Toxin v1.32: (January 16th, 2008 - present) :toxin:
v1.32 fixes the policeman costume and an updated the "Calm" outfit as PS2 model.

New Mannequin (V2):
http://app.box.com/s/hecrop9ycs
- put this in Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\ui\models\mannequin
* BIG thanks to thetommyboy2002 and Dark_Mark's tutorials and MXYZPTLK's pointers*

XBOX/PS2 compatible edition:
http://app.box.com/s/ivvt8a288c

Notes for Toxin v1.31: (January 16th, 2008 - January 18th, 2008) :toxin:
v1.31 includes the PS2 mannequin.

XBOX/PS2 compatible edition:
http://app.box.com/s/4276i5h4w0
- everything in PS2 models.

Known issues in 1.3:
The Policeman skin was screwed-up due to inaccurate offsets.
FIX [January 18th, 2008]: http://app.box.com/s/529re94hwk
- put this in Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\actors

Notes for Toxin v1.3: (January 5th, 2008 - January 16th, 2008) :toxin:
Toxin v1.3 has a new fightstyle, PS2 skins and models, and sounds.
Thanks Teancum for putting together the sound files and other members' discoveries in making custom sound/voice sets!!!

Known issues in 1.3:
The mannequin I uploaded for v1.3 was still the same old mannequin with the 2 triangles on the arms.
FIX [January 16th, 2008]: http://app.box.com/s/2kxza7u2o0
- rename "17901_spideyreskin.igb" to "17901.igb"
- put this in Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\ui\models\mannequin

Notes for Toxin v1.2: (June 15th, 2007 - January 5th, 2008) :toxin:
Toxin 1.2 is an upgrade to cvc's Toxin 1.0. Therefore, the majority of work was done by cvc. Also, cvc took the time and effort in enlightening my understanding of the codes. I want to thank him for starting this Toxin mod because Toxin 1.0 is the groundwork for Toxin 1.2. No Toxin 1.0 means no Toxin 1.2, ok? (>.^)

What's new in Toxin 1.2 ?
+ 3 new skins (First Appearance, Patrick Mulligan, Carnage)
+ 3 new HUDs (one for each new skin)
+ 2 loading screens (one for Toxin, one for Carnage)
+ new icons set (Toxin based)
+ mannequin (First Appearance)
+ fixed the bug that reverts Symbiote Bullets to white when Spider-man is on the same team
+ renamed some of the powers
+ new Xtreme that can deal damages to any type of enemy (including bosses)
+ 3 new powers (Blade Ballet, Slash, Horror)
+ Symbiote Spikes now adds damages and speed to all attacks.
+ new walking and menu animations

Known issues in 1.2:
a) some powers do not have sound because I referenced them incorrectly. Sorry about this. There are also some sound that will never heard though referenced correctly. I am working on these issues now.
FIX [June 24, 2007]: http://app.box.com/s/87skknt2q3 (80% fixed)
- put this in Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\data\powerstyles

b) A big red square appears when Blade Ballet is used. (only 2 members reported)
FIX [June 21, 2007]: http://app.box.com/s/vzu2lnbm33 (unedited; no red colors)
- put this in Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\effects\char\toxin

Instructions:
Please refer to the readme included in the download.
** You may want to copy the menu location number and then delete the whole entry of the character you want to replace. (Thanks, Gevth!) **
It is highly recommended that you start a new game with default stats after you have altered the herostat or installed a mod.

Previews:
4 skins: Patrick Mulligan (NYPD uniform), 1st-Appearance (mouthless)*, Enraged Symbiote, Carnage

corresponding HUDs: (Cates made the HUD for Enraged, others are mine.)

mannequin (default):

mannequin (new):

Blade Ballet:

Symbiote Spikes:

new Xtreme and iconset:
(The projectiles are black in the game. The F11 printscreens are acting stupid.)

NOTE: These loading screens are made from multiple pieces of artwork found on Google. BIG props to the original artists!!! All I did here was to combine them together and make them look a bit nicer as loading screens.

loading screen for Toxin:

loading screen for Carnage is not included in v1.3:

That's it for now. Have fun~ :toxin:

My other mods released:

June 16, 2007, 12:15AM #1 Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 12:39AM by cvc
I soo very happy this mod is ready can't wait to take a look ooh yes  :hyper: 
BTW that 1st-Appearance skin you made I think is great still unable to pick a fav out of the skins you :rockon: Thanks for the kind words iammingy but this is still all you.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

I sooo want to download this mod once my mongrel of a computer starts running again. In the meantime, this mod's previews ROCK!

I, Midnight Curse, shall swear an oath not to share this mod outside of Marvel
Mods, or sell this mod for money or any other form of privileges.

Signature:                    Moderator's Signature:
Midnight Curse                (any moderator plz. replace
                               this with ur name)

Iammingy, plz. approve of this with a post.
Cvc, you are an eyewitness.

Quote from: cvc on June 16, 2007, 12:15AM
I soo very happy this mod is ready can't wait to take a look ooh yes  :hyper: 
BTW that 1st-Appearance skin you made I think is great still unable to pick a fav out of the skins you :rockon: Thanks for the kind words iammingy but this is still all you.

Thank you! I like that skin, too. Unfortunately, I see some small black patches in menu selection at certain angles. :( You are welcome! ^_^

Quote from: Midnight Curse on June 16, 2007, 01:46AM
I sooo want to download this mod once my mongrel of a computer starts running again. In the meantime, this mod's previews ROCK!

I, Midnight Curse, shall swear an oath not to share this mod outside of Marvel
Mods, or sell this mod for money or any other form of privileges.

Signature:                    Moderator's Signature:
Midnight Curse                (any moderator plz. replace
                               this with ur name)

Iammingy, plz. approve of this with a post.
Cvc, you are an eyewitness.

:rofl:  :rofl: :rofl: You don't need to swear an oath. The agreement is made the moment you clicked the link and downloaded the mod.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: iammingy on June 15, 2007, 11:31PM
By downloading this mod, you agree that:
1. You will NOT share this mod outside of Marvelmods.com.
2. You will NOT sell this mod for money or any other form of privileges.

iammingy, is this becoming a problem? I hadn't noticed too many of these messages in the past.

No, I know most of you would not do those things, but I notice that many new "Guests" start to hang around alot lately. I just want to let them know that they can't share our stuff outside of this community without our permission. :) (I have seen our nextgen mod in torrents...! :laugh:)

Quote from: iammingy on June 16, 2007, 12:26PMI have seen our nextgen mod in torrents...! :laugh:
thats hilarious...a lot of people on gamefaqs are pretty clueless about this site to lol
This mod looks awesome...i havent played MUA much lately but this will definately get me back on...cant wait to try it!

Quote from: rainy_de_lunche on June 16, 2007, 05:19PM
Quote from: iammingy on June 16, 2007, 12:26PMI have seen our nextgen mod in torrents...! :laugh:
thats hilarious...a lot of people on gamefaqs are pretty clueless about this site to lol
This mod looks awesome...i havent played MUA much lately but this will definately get me back on...cant wait to try it!

Really? They don't know Marvelmods? That's how I found Marvelmods!!! :laugh: hahah
Thank you! :D

Quote from: iammingy on June 16, 2007, 12:26PM
No, I know most of you would not do those things, but I notice that many new "Guests" start to hang around alot lately. I just want to let them know that they can't share our stuff outside of this community without our permission. :) (I have seen our nextgen mod in torrents...! :laugh:)

Yup. I've noticed that too, but it's a wonder that no one has discovered Marvel Mods via MK and Col. I got to agree with what you say iammingy. No one
should share our stuff outside of this site's boundaries without first asking
us.

Actually, they've been in torrents for a WHILE. I'd be surprised if they HADN'T brought new members here :laugh:

Quote from: BliZZ on June 17, 2007, 10:03AM
Actually, they've been in torrents for a WHILE. I'd be surprised if they HADN'T brought new members here :laugh:

Whether or not they admit it...

---

Nice mod iammingy - looking forward to testing it soon and responding w / comments

Thank you!

I am aware that some powers don't have sounds. I referenced some of them incorrectly, which can be fixed, but there are still other ones that just won't be heard. @_@

Hello everybody, first post here!
First of all, you are all doing great. I've got this game yesterday on my pc and today i've downloaded almost all of this site (but tryed only a few :P).
I really love this Toxin mod, but I have a glitch: when I use the Blade Ballet, I get a red square around Toxin that keeps on moving around him... is this a glitch in Toxin mod or in my PC? I've never got something like this before in the game...

June 19, 2007, 04:58PM #13 Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 07:26PM by iammingy
Thank you!!!
Red square? Does it show up every time you use that power? Can you post a screenshot of that?

Do you have those red smoke following him shown in the pic below?

EDIT: It shouldn't be effects because I checked that I have uploaded everything I've got in the effects folder... I am looking for something else now.

it happens everytime....
if this is not a mod issue, what should I change in my video config to avoid this?
Thanks anyway :)