BLaw's Contest!

Started by BLaw, June 04, 2011, 05:54AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 04, 2011, 05:54AM Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 06:19AM by Mr. Law^^
What's This About
A contest. Topic title should say enough.

No Really, What's This About
I'm holding a contest for anyone who's willing to participate. Let's start with the rules...

Rules
- Start date: June 4, 2011
- End date: June 18, 2011
- Multiple posts regarding your "tries" allowed
- No naming the names of the reward characters.

That should be it.

The Assignment
Because I'm making a Mimic mod, there's a need for skins and whatnot. But of course, I got that covered. HOWEVER, my laziness kicks in. Which is why I'll give the following assignment:

A MIMIC LOADINGSCREEN

The best three will be rewarded with an exclusive reward to be used in MUA. If you don't have MUA but XML2 instead, I'll make rewards for your XML2 =P (Yes I didn't come THAT prepared haha).

The Rewards

First Place
The first owner of the MUA2 Hulk model.
Second Place
A man in a black costume who doesn't even needs a sword to be called a "knight". His favorite pet is a bat.
Third Place
A clown with green hair and a white face and a purple tux who loves to smile. Or well, at least make you smile...

If you want to know how to make a loadingscreen, visit THIS PAGE

:) Let the contest commence :)

Mimic... the one that looks like Angel but has the powers from the original 5 x-men? I could make one for you, but I will negotiate about the prize lol, You know I'm not a big fan of the "clown" or the "knight", but I love certain Queen who wears white all the time ;)
Hahaha :P
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Hmmm let the game begin lol do we just post the loadscreen or you want us to make it?But im sure you want us to make it since you posted the tutorial so nevermind

Post the loading screen(s) here. You can hand in multiple.

Do we have to compile the loadscreen or just make it in Gimp/ photoshop because I have trouble with the compile part lol

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

i'm pretty sexy with photoshop, but less so with the compiling of loadscreens (muaskinner is stupid on my computer). will a png image work?

Quote from: Dee❖Dooo on June 05, 2011, 11:51AM
i'm pretty sexy with photoshop, but less so with the compiling of loadscreens (muaskinner is stupid on my computer). will a png image work?

Yay im not the only one lol, I will most likely make mine tomorrow, but will just posting the picture here be fine, and not compiling it?

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: Mr. Law^^ on June 05, 2011, 08:02PM
Images work.

OK! Thank you, lol compiling it would have been a mess for me lol :P

June 07, 2011, 11:56PM #9 Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:10AM by Nowhere Man
ok, I decided to give it a shot. I'm not so proficient with gimp, but I do know how to make a loadscreen and am good at finding HD pics. Mimic was a tough one, but I did find a good one with the classic costume. Hope you like it.

here's the link to the igb file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?293wmcz24i30fik

No rewards needed, just made it cause it's for you. Though I have to admit the mua2 Hulk models seem really juicy.

EDIT: Cool, just found another more modern one (from right b4 dark x-men) that looks great and has flashes of his past in the background:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4pku7z54e5p5a4m
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Im changing the first prize to the Hulk.

The most original wins.

Flying in the city. ;)

June 12, 2011, 10:48AM #14 Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:57AM by Dee❖Dooo

here's my first entry. i can change it if there are any details/colors that you don't like cause i made it myself ^-^
i could even make a variant background more suited to his dark x-men costume if you'd like