Which movies based on Marvel Comics did you like to watch the most?

Started by jonchang, June 17, 2007, 03:18AM

Previous topic - Next topic
4 votes. Changeable.

Mine are ROTSS, GR, and X3

I wish the masterpiece that was Catwoman w/Halle Berry was Marvel so I could vote for that

which punisher is it? if new one then i wont vote for it, but if old one with dolph as punisher, then ofc i will vote for it

X3 was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Not laughably bad ala Ghost Rider, but just horrendous.

Gotta be the Spider-Man trilogy and Nick Fury, AoS! Man, Hasslehoff can act!

Quote from: BliZZ on June 17, 2007, 09:58AM
X3 was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Not laughably bad ala Ghost Rider, but just horrendous.

Yeah, I was pretty disapointed. Mind you, I'm pretty disapointed with most of them. I guess I will have to stick to cartoons.

Yeah, this poll needs a Nick Fury option!
Since Hasselhoff isn't here, I choose FF, X2, Spidey 2 and Punisher.

Well, you'll have to shoot me, but I thought that X3 was the most entertaining of the 3. Yes, they pretty much decided it wasn't worth it to make anything similar to the comics, but at least something happens in the movie, as opposed to X2. And it has other good things, like Frasier playing Beast, and killing the saddest version of Cyclops I've ever seen early in the movie.
And what's with all the FF votes? That doesn't make any sense!

Frasier as Beast was the ONLY good thing. They butt-raped all the other characters, pacing/lighting was off, dialog was terrible, etc.

Someone wanna tell me how FF has more votes than SM3?

I haven't seen SM3, so I can't vote for it.  I voted for Punisher, as I thought that was an awesome movie.  SM2 also got a vote, as did DD.

For the record, X-3 was a pile of Chocolate egg.  I seriously hated the whole movie.  They raped Rogue's character in the series, making her even more of a non-factor in X-3.  Cyclops dying?  Seriously?  They made him uber-Female Cat before he died.  That was the only reason I was glad to see him go.  I was also pissed when they killed the professor off so quickly, especially by Jean.  That whole "ZOMG I got split personalityz" junk was just absolutely absurd.  I mean seriously.  The director for the first two films left to go do Superman, so I blame this tragedy entirely on him.  I hope he gets hit by a train on the way home.  (not really, but if Singer stayed, X-3 would've been entirely different...  I saw parts of the original script, and it was nothing compared to this steaming pile they call a movie).
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

No, don't blame Singer for this. Word was Fox was rushing him to make a movie he didn't want to make. He (reportedly) wanted to focus on DP, with Cyc also in the forefront (and Gambit introduced). Fox went all "ZOMG WE Ne3D W01V3RiN3 TO BE MSOT IMPROTNT!" on him, and he left to do Superman. Blame Fox (and Ratner, for agreeing to direct a script before reading it and mere weeks before shooting).

Now, we CAN blame Singer for the bore-fest that was Superman Returns.

I heard rumors of Emma Frost being planned for the film at one time.  Except it was expected that she would've been played by Sigourney Weaver... yuck.

I know there was a battle between Singer and Fox, but couldn't he have done something?  He obviously did good with the first two movies, so he must've done something right.  Alas, it's done and over with.  Still, I would've like to have seen more Nightcrawler, Gambit introduced, and a non-Female Cat Cyclops.  Still, rewriting the script several times and shooting a couple months behind schedule didn't help the eleventy directors they went through... which all got pushed to meet that date that Fox demanded the movie get done by.  They made their money though, so that's all that matters to them.  *shrugs*
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

They made him uber-Female Cat before he died

That's what I tried to say. That I was glad they got rid of him early in the movie. And the reason I don't consider it to be that bad might be because all I remember of it is the final battle. What I remember from X2 is the following: "Nightcrawler. Cool", "Magneto escapes", "Someone's attacking the mansion", "Was that Colossus?", blank, "What are they doing in Alaska?", the end. Nothing happened.
Anyway, seeing the list made me realize that most superhero movies are still bad. Outside of Spider-man and Batman, I don't think I've really liked any superhero movie.

The original Blade and Superman were both splendidly entertaining, as well.

And color be crazy, but My list of Batman films, in order of preference, is Begins, Forever, 89, and Returns/Robin tied for worst. I enjoyed the hell out of Forever. Maybe it is the Carrey fan in me.

That's hilarious as I'm actually a big fan of the X-Men series, while the Spidey series ends up so-so.  Why?  Tobey Macguire, plain and simple.  He sounds cool enough under the Spidey suit, but no matter how you do his hair, change his clothes, etc he still looks like the world's biggest nerd.  Peter Parker started out as a nerd, sure.  But he got less nerdy as time wore on.  Still, the Spidey movies are pretty good, but NOT because of Macguire.  Just take a look at him when he's 'under stress'.  (like in SM2 when he's trying to stop the L train)

As far as really bad movies go, Daredevil Hulk is one of the worst.  Seriously.  What the heck?  I rented it and literally probably watched a total of 10 minutes at normal speed.  The rest was fast-forward.

The Fantastic Four movies take my vote as I get tired of the whole 'tragic hero' thing.  FF4 don't have this crappy childhood, they didn't live in the ghetto, they can control their powers, etc.

Ghost Rider was entertaining.  That's probably where I'd leave it.  I had fun at the movies, but it's not one I'll own unless I find it in some used bargain bin for under five bucks.

In X3 I thought that they made kitty/shadow cat look like she was twelve! And it seemed like they just put collosus in there for the final battle because he didn't do much for the majority of the movie, if i remember correctly.
Icons made by me(i could only pick the best b/c of ltr limit):