Marvel vs. Capcom Animations

Started by Noelemahc, December 24, 2006, 04:26AM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 24, 2006, 04:26AM Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 02:28AM by Noelemahc
Since it seems that using the MvC anims as avatars and sigs is the new "it" around there parts, I've taken the liberty of finding a site that has a comprehensive set of animations from it for the use of anyone who wants to join in.
http://www.fightersgeneration.com
Enter "Characters", then choose the person of your preference and scroll down to the "Animations" link. Poof, you got it.
Remember that the forum auto-resizes the piccurs to 120px height, so it will be necessary for you to do it by hand so the result won't be ugly. If you need help -- ask, and I'll convert some for your use.

If you look around the Interweb, you can also find custom MUGEN sprites of other Marvel characters. To date, I've only seen a Ghost Rider set worthy of mention, but I have to assume that there are more.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

December 25, 2006, 01:11AM #1 Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 01:22AM by Noelemahc
MUGEN resources that have MUA and XML characters:
http://mugenprojectx.cjb.net/
http://www.newwavemugen.com/%7Edoom/
http://ffproject.cjb.net/

These should bide you over until something nasty happens. About the only characters not covered in there are Fury, Ronin, Hawky,  Widow and Punisher. But I got me an idea who I can base a sprite edit of Frank C. on, ackshully.

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Okay, custom time. Sprites ripped by yours truly from the CPS1 game "The Punisher"! I chose that one over it's SEGA MegaDrive counterpart because the latter has weaker graphics. Yeah.

Nick had to be shaded additionally to make him more "real"... And to attenuate the smoke which will get easily lost on the grey backgrounds of this forum. Yeah.
Should anyone have any sprite requests, I'm not going anywhere while I wait for inspiration to dawn upon me as to how to solve the sound modding problem.

Crimson Dynamo says:

Of note should be the following: the site in my first post does NOT support offsite linking. Meaning, nobody but you and you alone will be able to see your own avatar, should you snag it from there directly. A more prudent approach would be to save the GIF to your comp00ter and upload it to, say, Photobucket, like I did. That way everyone will be able to see what you've chosen.

Crimson Dynamo says:

http://www.comicheroes.co.uk i found this website while searching for animations it has animated pictures micro heroes and small movies

Looks like nearly no one here knows a little freeware program called MUGEN and the tons on Marvel stuffs that are going to made 4 it. I'll make a little topic a part...

Look at the second post of this thread, dude, before you make allegations. It's not like this thread's purpose is inviting people to do MUGEN, it's about giving links to picture resources. If you wanna make a new thread, then by God, go ahead and do so -- but your post HERE is borderline pointless.

Crimson Dynamo says:

Sure. Sorry, I did the previous reply 'cause I saw the post #2 and the links are a bit old... 4 ex I saw a Ronin anim in a site. Really sorry if I was too pedant or silly... is the last impression that I want to make. I'll put here some of my sprites as ulterior exusation and to be more ontopic:

Beta Ray Bill

Sentry (you can find better, I know)

Winter Soldier

Sauron (not resized as in my avatar)

IronMan Extremis Armor

New Venom

Lizard (my first sprite)

Tiny hero time. I felt fit for a bit of silliness, so here are Crimson Dynamo (av) and Iron Man (sig) from the Invincible Iron Man game for the GBA. The whole game's animations are cartoonish, giving all the armors and robots silly and fluid animations. While this is not on par with, say, Metal Slug, it's still fun for a bit of time-killing... And pixel artistism. You can't imagine how hard it was to rip the sprites, what with the screen shaking every time Dynamo punches the ground :D

Next stop... MUA for the GBA. Sure, it has very limited color palettes, but it still has a lot of chars no other MARVEL game ever featured, so...

Crimson Dynamo says:

Changed mah mind.

These come from the X-Men Arcade Game by Konami. Pretty well animated fun thing based off the underdog animated movie "Pryde of the X-Men", hence the presence of Emma and Alison :D
Each boss would talk to you when you first meet him/her, so you can easily see Pyro's speech :D
When I have more time, I'll rip the other fun chars from there (i.e. Old-Skool Cyke, Nightcrawler, Classic Sentinels, etc.).

Crimson Dynamo says:

hah nice, i put so much money into that game when i was a young'n.  do you have any colossus pics?

Not yet, but I can rip'em :D

Crimson Dynamo says:

can you rip his special move animation?  or just @ idle w/ him breathing... whichever's easier :)