Modding Rundown: FBs

Started by Teancum, June 19, 2007, 04:46PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: nodoubt_jr on August 04, 2007, 03:15PM
thanks everyone, i really need to go through all the packages and see what each one has

how do you extract them?

right now with a hex editor
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

if you use my fbextractor, you can put all the package files in a main folder, then use the program on each .fb file that you want extracted and it will extract all the igbs etc.

this way you dont have to care which .fb file its in, you can basically get all the files you need, then you never have to search again

fbExtractor = awesome. Put it in c:\windows and Right click/"open with" an fb. Select fbExtractor and check "always open these types of file with it". Then fbs are a double click away from decompiling. Simply put, it is awesome.

Quote from: BliZZ on August 04, 2007, 03:36PM
fbExtractor = awesome. Put it in c:\windows and Right click/"open with" an fb. Select fbExtractor and check "always open these types of file with it". Then fbs are a double click away from decompiling. Simply put, it is awesome.

really? you can do that? if so, then BliZZ = awesome.
i never would have thought of that.
thanks

Yeah. It also works with the batch file versions of xmlb compiler/decompiler. I use those versions for that reason.

The same doesn't work with your xmlConverter, sadly, most likely because of the variables (the XML2 version needs a diff. name and the "-eng", "-nav", etc)

Quote from: BliZZ on August 04, 2007, 03:39PM
The same doesn't work with your xmlConverter, sadly, most likely because of the variables (the XML2 version needs a diff. name and the "-eng", "-nav", etc)

yeah, i guess if there is only one argument then it works.
thanks for the fbExtractor discovery.

Quote from: Norrin Radd on August 04, 2007, 03:30PM
if you use my fbextractor, you can put all the package files in a main folder, then use the program on each .fb file that you want extracted and it will extract all the igbs etc.

this way you dont have to care which .fb file its in, you can basically get all the files you need, then you never have to search again

yeah i downloaded but havent used it, but im going to now.  Im just going to extract everything and look through it that way.  thanks for the great tool.

edit: Blizz, thanks for the tip
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

It seems to be very hard to use it. If for example I want that the Black Widow and Daredevil can swing like Spider-Man how can I do it with this programm?

what program, fbExtractor?
if thats what you meant, fbExtractor is just for extracting files from a larger file used on platforms. fbBuilder then allows you to put files together into an fb file which the platforms can recognize. The actually modding of characters is not done using these programs.

February 05, 2008, 06:21AM #25 Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 10:26AM by dark_raven
So you have to do the modding of the characters before you use the fbExtractor, isn´t it?(sorry if my english isn't very good)

I don't understand it very well jejeje

thanks a lot

fb files basically contain many of the files the game requires. For modding, it is easier to extract those files, edit them (i guess you might call this the modding part), then putting those files back together in one big file (the fb file).

1. you have an fb file
2. you extract game files from the fb file using fbExtractor
3. now you have many files and can edit them
4. after you edit those files you put them back into one fb file using fbBuilder

you dont need fbExtractor or fbBuilder programs, you can just use a hex editor instead, but the programs make it easier to extract/compile the files within an fb file

February 05, 2008, 08:34AM #27 Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 08:43AM by dark_raven
thanks for helping me,and the last question (I hope):

Can you use it for X-Men Legends 2 or only for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance??

I used the fbExtractor and it works well, but I don't know what do you have to do with the fbBuilder.
It says: ENTER CONFIGURATION FILE

What is that??
Because I try to put all the folders that appeared when I used the fbExtractor like actors, data, effect,...and I can't put them all

Thanks