X-Men Regenesis

Started by Midnightphoenix, June 16, 2011, 08:31PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 16, 2011, 08:31PM Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:34PM by midnightphoenix123
2 new X-Men titles are starting in October after the end of Uncanny. Uncanny X-Men will restart, and a new title Wolverine and the X-Men will also begin. In this picture if this picture shows who will be on what team, im confused on some of the placements, Emma on Wolverine's team instead of Scotts, and Rogue and Gambit on different teams http://www.comiclist.com/media/blogs/news/XMEN_REGENESIS.jpg

Edit:

Nrama: With the announcement today came the "Who Will You Follow?" teaser image. How literal should we be taking it? Is this at all an accurate representation of who is going to end up on which side, or more just a red herring/metaphorical illustration? Then there's the curious matter of Professor X back in a wheelchair, which seems like it must be there for a reason.

Alonso: The "Who Will You Follow?" teaser image is just that: a teaser image. It should not to be taken literally. Professor X's wheelchair is meant to give the image a classic feel — we're not putting him back in it. And who's to say that everyone in that picture will still be alive this September?

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I don't think the character placements are really where they are gonna be. Emma is certainly going to be with Scott as his "trophy wife" while Storm will remain in the background which ever side she picks. I have higher hopes for her if she joins Wolverine' side though, we know she won't get anything more than wallpaper on Scott's side. On Wolvie's side she may still get a line or two lol. My own hope is that she just ditches Utopia and gives it the middle finger lol.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on June 16, 2011, 08:52PM
I don't think the character placements are really where they are gonna be. Emma is certainly going to be with Scott as his "trophy wife" while Storm will remain in the background which ever side she picks. I have higher hopes for her if she joins Wolverine' side though, we know she won't get anything more than wallpaper on Scott's side. On Wolvie's side she may still get a line or two lol. My own hope is that she just ditches Utopia and gives it the middle finger lol.

I agree, although I could see Emma picking Logan if something bad happend to her and Scott

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Most people are wondering (and hoping) that they finally break up. I'd much rather Emma break up with Scott than vice-versa because we've already seen Scott dump people, but never the opposite. Its about time he deal with the failure of a relationship alone than with someone (cough...Jean...cough) help him get through it.

June 16, 2011, 09:15PM #4 Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:25PM by whiteking
Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on June 16, 2011, 09:08PM
Most people are wondering (and hoping) that they finally break up. I'd much rather Emma break up with Scott than vice-versa because we've already seen Scott dump people, but never the opposite. Its about time he deal with the failure of a relationship alone than with someone (cough...Jean...cough) help him get through it.

Haha that won't happen my dear ;)
Marvel writers has said before that they love the interaction between Emma/Scott so their end is not going to happen at least not in the near future. Besides we don't even know if Jean's return will be soon, and if that's the case, why she would pick Scott's side? never thought on the possibility of her being with Wolverine? or the Avengers? I want her as an Avenger, she deserves to be alone in order to shine as a character.
Besides, think about it, Wolverine wants to unite mutants with the rest of the world, Cyclops don't. Which X-men would follow Wolverine and who will be with Cycke? For example, some of them are easier to identify, Emma and Magneto has been cautious about humans, so they will probably stay with Scott, but Storm seems more open so I can see her with Wolverine.
The whole trophy wife thing hopefully will end soon now that Fraction is gone, and hopefully the new stories will bring new possibilities to other background characters on Fraction's run (like Storm, Rogue or Psylocke).
I don't think that the pic shows the members on each team, it's just a teaser people.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

See I think since nobody would thing that Emma and Scott would break up, it would be the perfect thing to happen! But I think Storm needs to be on Wolverine's side and his leading lady in the comics, with Scott and Emma as the leads of uncanny. Then Peter and Kitty will go with Logan also. and etc. I dont see Jean's return soon but I think it would be a great ending! Like they said all these people may not be alive, so a little favorite red head of ours could return, so she isnt the dead one this time!

June 16, 2011, 09:35PM #6 Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:38PM by MarvelFan12345
I don't think Jean would agree at all with Scott's current view for mutants. Had she been alive she would never have let it get this far with him. I could see her joining Wolverine's side or better yet, her and Storm being the leaders for the other side with Wolverine on their team. He doesn't really work as leader anyway. Marvel just used him because he is a cash cow and he and Cyke have always had some rivalry. I'm sure Jean's name will be around especially since the Sisterhood Arc, Giant-Size X-Men, and Wolverine 8 (which have all been building tension between their rivalry over Jean. And they have lots of other stuff to be angry with each other as well, according to Marvel writers).

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on June 16, 2011, 09:32PM
See I think since nobody would thing that Emma and Scott would break up, it would be the perfect thing to happen!

:thumbsup2:

It seems as though no one will get spotlight on Scott's side except for his "mighty cabal" which consists of Emma, Magneto, and Namor (all reformed villains. Interesting company Scott keeps these days.) Dr. Nemesis is getting more role too although he is also pretty shady so he should fit right in. Wolverine' side will likely have more spotlight on the other X-Characters but not too much.

June 16, 2011, 09:41PM #7 Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:45PM by whiteking
I think that Jean's return will be at the end of this event in a "hey I'm back, let's stay united again" way lol
I also see Storm as the leading lady on Wolverine's team, which could be like the Xtreme X-men team.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on June 16, 2011, 09:35PM
It seems as though no one will get spotlight on Scott's side except for his "mighty cabal" which consists of Emma, Magneto, and Namor (all reformed villains. Interesting company Scott keeps these days.)

Yup interesting company. All have been villains but loyal to their people and causes, which makes them more valuable than others.

EDIT: Ugh I had a huge problem with the edit thing, lol this was my original post :)
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

June 16, 2011, 09:43PM #8 Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:53PM by MarvelFan12345
I would argue that other characters like Storm, Colossus, Kitty, etc are just as loyal and can still be trusted more. Partly because their cause is usually the same as most of the other X-Men and they don't take radical decisions unless they absolutely have too.

Magneto, Emma, and Namor (particularly Magneto) flop sides more than Greg Land traces from "cheap" magazines (if you catch my drift) lol. But you are correct that they can be depended on in other ways than the more "trusted" characters.

Quote from: whiteking on June 16, 2011, 09:41PM
I think that Jean's return will be at the end of this event in a "hey I'm back, let's stay united again" way lol
I also see Storm as the leading lady on Wolverine's team, which could be like the Xtreme X-men team.
Lots of signs have shown that Jean could be returning like Emma's vision of Jean, Emma seeing Hope as Jean, Jean's brief return, Cyclops demanding to know about Jean's brief return, etc.

Gillen did say that Storm will have a more role than wallpaper but not too much. It seems as though he prefers the Astonishing cast and Fraction's top five.

Annoyingly enough Land will be doing the artwork for UXM's final issue (way to ruin such an imporant milestone in X-History) and will return for the new book, Uncanny. We will have to bear this for the final issue. Those smiles are intoxicating, it evens makes me wish that Jean wasn't front and center.

June 16, 2011, 09:51PM #9 Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:55PM by whiteking
Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on June 16, 2011, 09:43PM
Magneto, Emma, and Namor (particularly Magneto) flop sides more than Greg Land traces from "cheap" magazines (if you catch my drift) lol.

Yes but you are looking them only from the outside, look at their stories and you can see that they are trying to do the best for their kind, yes not always the best way to do it or the "X-men" way but at the end, looking for the best, which by the way is the ultimate goal of the X-men right now.

Ugh Land will stay?? such a shame, they have incredible artist and they keep the worst one...

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on June 16, 2011, 09:43PM
Lots of signs have shown that Jean could be returning like Emma's vision of Jean, Emma seeing Hope as Jean, Jean's brief return, Cyclops demanding to know about Jean's brief return, etc.

That's why I'm saying that if she comes back, she'll do it at the end of this episode.... still not sure, they been using those "signs" of her return since the end of Morrison's run and the begining of Whedon's Astonishing X-men, so until I see her body flying around, I wont believe anything...
Phoenix Endsong #5

Quote from: whiteking on June 16, 2011, 09:51PM
Yes but you are looking them only from the outside, look at their stories and you can see that they are trying to do the best for their kind, yes not always the best way to do it or the "X-men" way but at the end, looking for the best, which by the way is the ultimate goal of the X-men right now.

Ugh Land will stay?? such a shame, they have incredible artist and they keep the worst one...

You are correct that they can be depended on in other ways than the more "trusted" characters.

Yes unfortunately Land is remaining. I really loved his work in Endsong but now just seeing one of his pieces makes me want to go blind. Just curious, but who is this incredible artist you are referring too. I wish they used other artists such as Steve Kurth, Clay Mann, David Finch, Mike Deodato, etc. more.

See Im an Emma fan, but this isnt her place. She is just using Scott, as his mind is very easy to toy with :P I love Jean and Scott together, but I think Jean would be stupid to take him back! Lok at what he has done! He isnt even fallowing the ways of Xavier much these days, I think Wolverine and the X-Men will be the comic to read, in the interview, I posted a little above, they said one comic will be action based, the other something different. I just hope Jean returns, because it will stir up trouble, the good kind and bad kind. Wolverine's side would be happy to have her, but I dont think Jean would go with Scott the way he has been these days

BTW: My dream team :P I couldnt fit a few others in there, like Jubilee, Beast and Iceman

June 16, 2011, 10:00PM #12 Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:08PM by MarvelFan12345
I really liked Emma before and she was one of my favs but Fraction has spoiled her in a way that won't make her recover in my eyes, at least not to the place she used to be.

I don't believe that Jean would ever abandon Scott. They both care about each other way too much and are probably always going to be the most important people in each other's lives, regardless of whether she is dead or they aren't together. I'd imagine Jean would help steer Scott back to the side of the light and bring the X-Men's heroic age.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on June 16, 2011, 10:00PM
I really liked Emma before and she was one of my favs but Fraction has spoiled her in a way that won't make her recover in my eyes, at least not to the place she used to be.

I don't believe that Jean would ever abandon Scott. They both care about each other way too much and are probably always going to be the most important people in each other's lives, regardless of whether she is dead or they aren't together. I'd imagine Jean would help steer Scott back to the side of the light and bring the X-Men's heroic age.

See I know they have this amazing connection, but look at Scott compared to him when Uncanny first began, it was love at first sight, and nothing would get in the way, but then Maddie came along, and now Emma, and now he isnt the same person he once was, he hardly works towards anything Xavier has done, and Jean I would hope, would work with Wolverine's side, because they would most likely work towards what Xavier's dream is. And lets just think for a second here.... if Jean was to be on Scott's team with Emma, that wouldnt last long ever comic book would be Emma having a cat fight with Jean, Jean wondering why she is doing it, they have to work together for a mission, then back again, and lets just remember the What If Jean came back instead of Colossus.... Emma was pretty mad she returned, destroied a planet, killed the cuckoos, killed Kitty, killed Beast, and killed herself, now I know that it wasnt only her in there, but lets face the truth, If Jean and Emma have to work together it will either be good, or bad, not in the middle

Scott has changed but their care for each other still hasn't. I'm sure if Jean had been alive (regardless if she was still his wife) she wouldn't have ever let him come to this. She will always care for him and even if she won't be his lover, she will always be his best friend.

BTW love the dream team. Has all my favs too and I love the contrast between Jean and Ororo's costume colors, the two bffs. Another reason I really like this team is because these days I've been quite bored in the summer and have started making whole ideas for an XML3 roster and everyone's powersets. The roster is pretty much like this but of course, much larger (30 in total to be exact). Even as we speak I'm designing powersets lol, just finished Dust and Moonstar. I only wish I could make it into a real game and not just text on notepad lol.