X-Men Regenesis

Started by Midnightphoenix, June 16, 2011, 08:31PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on June 16, 2011, 09:54PM
You are correct that they can be depended on in other ways than the more "trusted" characters.

Yes unfortunately Land is remaining. I really loved his work in Endsong but now just seeing one of his pieces makes me want to go blind. Just curious, but who is this incredible artist you are referring too. I wish they used other artists such as Steve Kurth, Clay Mann, David Finch, Mike Deodato, etc. more.

Mmm I don't know if they can be considered incredible but for example I love Clayton Crain (Necrosha), Chris Bachalo (Xmen & Spiderman), Ibraim Roberson (Steve Rogers, super soldier annual feat the X-men) and others like Phil Jimenez or Salvador Larroca
Ahh Mike Deodato I love him too!

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on June 16, 2011, 10:00PM
I really liked Emma before and she was one of my favs but Fraction has spoiled her in a way that won't make her recover in my eyes, at least not to the place she used to be.

I don't believe that Jean would ever abandon Scott. They both care about each other way too much and are probably always going to be the most important people in each other's lives, regardless of whether she is dead or they aren't together. I'd imagine Jean would help steer Scott back to the side of the light and bring the X-Men's heroic age.

Fraction's Emma is a bad dream (as pretty much everything he wrote during his time on the X-men)
And yes, Jean will be there of course, but as friends... as midnightphoenix123 said it she would be really stupid to just come back to the same fricky circle with him... She understood this on Phoenix Endsong, and Scott too. They care for each other but not in the romantic way.

And finally I think both Emma and Jean can be on the same team without a fight, not BFF but working together, New X-men showed us that after all, right?

EDIT: Love the dream team too, some of my favorites are there...
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Quote from: whiteking on June 16, 2011, 10:08PM
Fraction's Emma is a bad dream (as pretty much everything he wrote during his time on the X-men)
And yes, Jean will be there of course, but as friends... as midnightphoenix123 said it she would be really stupid to just come back to the same fricky circle with him... She understood this on Phoenix Endsong, and Scott too. They care for each other but not in the romantic way.

And finally I think both Emma and Jean can be on the same team without a fight, not BFF but working together, New X-men showed us that after all, right?

Agreed. I don't understand why people think they will always be fighting, I think they would be able to get along while making snide remarks to each other, regardless of who is with Scott (if either of them are)

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on June 16, 2011, 10:10PM
Agreed. I don't understand why people think they will always be fighting, I think they would be able to get along while making snide remarks to each other, regardless of who is with Scott (if either of them are)

Exactly!, bitchy comments and that kind of stuff but we all know that at the end both respect each other powers and abilities.
And yes! what if Psylocke is his next TP power woman? who knows??
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

She did try to seduce him (although she later explained to Jean that this was because of Kwannon, not Psylocke). I'm sure she was just afraid that Jean would be coming after her soon lol. Psylocke seems quite busy with many other men these days, too many to list truth be told.

I think they could get along, but I dont think it would be real, I think they would just be fakeing it for Scott, but lets not forget when Jean found Emma and Scott messing around in New X-Men, it didnt turn out so well for Emma. If Jean had never died this never would have happend to Scott, and I think Emma and Jean could have gotten a better relationship. I imagine a world in which Emma and Jean get along great :D what a dream, but I like the whole Jean and Storm thing, 3 new X-Men books, Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine and the X-Men and New X-Men (Just the same name as the old comic books) With Jean as the team Leader

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I personally hope Astonishing X-Men and (Adjectiveless) X-Men are cancelled. They seem like waste of spaces and the stories seem nice but nothing that will really be loved.

I agree, I was just thinking to, wouldnt it be nice to know that Jean would never have to die again! Well now you can introducing the new... oh wait lol, just kidding, but what if when she returned somehow she lost the phoenix force, yeah its cool and all, and if she dies we know shell come back someday, but wouldnt it be nice to have her how she used to be and not have to worry about her dieing again :D then she could wear a modern Marvel Girl costume and pick up the code name again!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

She have to get rid of the Phoenix... it was cool on the Phoenix saga, but it basically ruined her on recent years...
I love Astonishing X-men, it's a cool book to read against the trash that was Fraction's X-men.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Marvel loves reusing ideas so many times, its actually quite hilarious. Its one thing I loved about Claremont that he actually developed his characters and his plotlines. The issue comes when new writers come in and want to reuse the popularity of the same plots with their own "twist"

And Endsong was said the be the final phoenix saga, but they could always make Jean return with a new one in which she loses the Phoenix force, then Jean would be able to stay, instead of like 3 comics later Well Jean is all powerful again, blam, she's dead time to wait another 50 million years for her to return

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on June 16, 2011, 10:26PM
And Endsong was said the be the final phoenix saga, but they could always make Jean return with a new one in which she loses the Phoenix force, then Jean would be able to stay, instead of like 3 comics later Well Jean is all powerful again, blam, she's dead time to wait another 50 million years for her to return
I find final hilarious since in comics nothing is final. Everything can be shaken up like that "snap" and then just like that it can be brought back.

Have you ever read the plot for Emma's return for the second season of Wolverine and the X men? it involves her consciousness implanted on Jean's mind and causing some changes on Jean's personality, until she would have to get Emma back to life... and then a possible trio between Emma/Scott/Jean...
Lol same story than ever but with a different twist that I would love to see :(

http://www.facebook.com/notes/1-million-to-save-wolverine-and-the-x-men/interview-with-joshua-fine-associate-producerwriter-of-wolverine-and-the-x-men/208529275849072

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on June 16, 2011, 10:28PM
I find final hilarious since in comics nothing is final. Everything can be shaken up like that "snap" and then just like that it can be brought back.

Agree.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Quote from: whiteking on June 16, 2011, 10:29PM
Have you ever read the plot for Emma's return for the second season of Wolverine and the X men? it involves her consciousness implanted on Jean's mind and causing some changes on Jean's personality, until she would have to get Emma back to life... and then a possible trio between Emma/Scott/Jean...
Lol same story than ever but with a different twist that I would love to see :(

http://www.facebook.com/notes/1-million-to-save-wolverine-and-the-x-men/interview-with-joshua-fine-associate-producerwriter-of-wolverine-and-the-x-men/208529275849072

Agree.

Yeah WATXM Season 2 could have been amazing. Its a shame that the show was cancelled and I really doubt that it will return although many Marvel writers do like it. However a new X-Men series is apperantly coming.

of course like you said nothing is ever final :D Lets just hope when she returns the writters are smart enough to 1.listen to the fans  2.DONT KILL JEAN GREY OFF AGAIN or something will happen to you!

Edit: I tried to post this awhile back lol, I was reading the interview, I dont like the whole Emma thing, but I wish we had gotten a second season :/

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/top-10-new-uncanny-team-members-110616-1.html

This is a pretty cool list of what people want to see for Cyclops' team. Some choices like Psylocke and Captain Britain suprised me, but I could see Psylocke joining Cyclops (as long as she would get more than wallpaper) and Captain Britian would be very nice to see on the X-Men for once.

The number one choice they picked is also my fav (duh) and just their plans for her sound amazing. Despite everything that has happened and that Logan is running the other side I could still see her picking Scott's side and becoming his leading lady (they are the most imporant people in each other's lives).

This team seems more like the classic days than the current "Dark Cabal" Cyclops allies himself with, which is another reason I love it. Storm's inclusion is yet another great addition I'd love to see (as long as she gets the spotlight and not just wallpaper!)