I think Evolution was the only acceptable portrayal of Jean Grey, especially in the latter seasons. Only in certain, certain episodes, and certain moments, Jean Grey in TAS actually was the capable Marvel Girl.
- Phoenix Saga, when she stepped up and zapped Dr. Corbeau without as much as a please and thank you and all other Phoenix feats.
- Dark Phoenix Sage, for obvious reasons
- X-Ternally Yours, when she, Wolverine, and Rogue went to Gambit's neck of the woods. That time she did use her TK to levitate herself when they fell.
- Shadow King episode, when she and Xavier went into the Astral Plane and kicked some astral butt.
- Captured by Morlocks, that brief instant when they lowered her in chains, and Jean went all TK on them; of course she got KO'ed by Anole 2 seconds later.
And that's it. Five seasons, and I can only think of 5 moments when Jean was great lol.